spook forty one ;; ☾

a/n : m/h/c means mother's hair color. and idk if i said this before but h/t means hair texture (curly, thick, straight, etc) god bless.

sorry for any mistakes!

————— ☾ ⋆⁺₊⋆ ☁︎

————— ☾ ⋆⁺₊⋆ ☁︎

"i can't believe you!"

"...i know." you mumbled around the ice pack you had pressed to your busted lip. "i'm sorry."

"what were you thinking? why didn't you just tell an adult instead of getting into a fight?" your mother asked, exasperated as she gripped the steering wheel. the two of you had already pulled into your apart complex's driveway, but all tough conversations were saved for the car. you wiped at your eyes, ears burning in embarrassment.

'because i've tried before. because they don't care. because it was never 'serious' enough.'

"i don't know."

"that's not a good enough answer!" she snapped at you, narrowing her eyes.

"...sorry."

the m/h/c haired woman sighed, furrowing her brow. "i just... thought you were more mature than this."

'i'm a teenager. i'm not supposed to be completely mature yet.'

"i know. i am. i'm sorry."

there was silence before your mom blew out a puff of air, looking out the window. you looked at her in confusion as she started to speak.

"let's go inside. i need to get some rest, i agreed to cover my coworker's shift later tonight- if you want, i'll cut up some fruit for you." she said softly, gazing past you at the apartment complex. even with her maternal tone, you could feel the disappointment ebbing off of her. you nodded slowly, opening the car door and sliding out.

"i'm not that hungry. thanks, though. sorry, again."

you hung your head the entire way to your apartment. unlocking the door, you made your way inside, kicking off your shoes and trudging up to your room. you slowly closed the door and went to your closet, getting changed out of your uniform into a soft black shirt. you fell backwards into your bed, startling the cat curled up in the duvet. sachiko meowed and wiggled the stump of her tail, reaching out her paw as though attempting to comfort you.

'...i'm really tired.' you thought, closing your eyes. 'why did i have to blow up like that? why couldn't i have just stayed in the classroom? at least tsuchigomori helped me get off easy.'