spook twenty ;; ☾

a/n : this picture isn't literally me rn

but i am on a roll 🙏🙏 god bless, but also i feel nauseous send help so i'm sorry if this chapter is trash, i'm not entirely in my right headspace haha

————— ☾ ⋆⁺₊⋆ ☁︎

————— ☾ ⋆⁺₊⋆ ☁︎

kou tried to push himself to his feet, but couldn't muster the strength. he staggered back to a crouching position, staring up at what had once been his friend with wide eyes.

"mitsuba..?" he whispered, wincing. the dark haired boy giggled, his voice high pitched as he held the mitsuba amalgamation closer to him.

"mitsuba's wish was a little vague." he smiled, but his eyes were dark and blank as he started to quote mitsuba. "'i don't know what i want to do on the near shore, but i don't want to end like this. i want to stay in everyone's memories.' when a wish is vague... i can only turn them into shoddy, half done supernaturals. but..."

the apparition sent a grateful grin towards kou.

"...now i can do better. and i have you to thank for it."

"me..?" kou breathed incredulously. the dark haired boy nodded.

"yup. you drew our mitsuba's real wish for me." he confirmed. "the stronger the wish, the regret... the more distinct and powerful a supernatural can become. this was mitsuba's wish; 'i want friends. i want to stay with my friends, forever and ever.'"

kou gripped his staff in his hand, brandishing it towards the amber eyed boy with a newfound strength.

"w-what the hell are you talking about!? quit your yakking.... and turn mitsuba back, damn it!" kou shouted, but his shoulders slumped a bit. "besides, i thought mitsuba's unfinished business was to take pictures..."