spook thirty eight ;; ☾

a/n : i forgot how much i enjoyed writing this, even if i'm not that into tbhk anymore haha.

enjoy <3 and remember to vote!

————— ☾ ⋆⁺₊⋆ ☁︎

y/n's pov————— ☾ ⋆⁺₊⋆ ☁︎

y/n's pov
————— ☾ ⋆⁺₊⋆ ☁︎

"are you okay?"

you furrowed your brow at the young boy holding his hand out, the moon faintly silhouetting his features. he looked familiar, but your head was still foggy from hitting it so you couldn't quite place your finger on where you knew him from.

"yeah, i'm... wait, i'm not fine! where am i!? where is everyone?" you pushed yourself to your feet, staggering as your head throbbed. "hanako? nene, kou kun?!"

you whipped your head around, searching the clearing for your friends, but to no avail. your sandals scuffed against the stone floor as you spun in a circle, searching for any familiar land marks.

'there's no water, so i'm not in the boundary... and all the stalls are completely different!'

you glanced down at the shorter boy, who raised his candy apple to his mouth as he tipped his head in concern.

"um, this may be a weird question, but... could you tell me what year and day it is?"

"today? mm." the dark haired boy pointed at a flyer plastered to the telephone pole a couple feet away, and you squinted to read the text.

"1964... the sixties—?! no, no, that's not—!" you cut yourself off so you didn't sound insane to the little boy beside you.

'that's more than fifty years ago...! what the hell?!'

"hey, onee san, are you lost?" the little
boy asked. "there's a lost children station over by the big wish tree. want me to take you there?"

"oh, i wouldn't want to put you out of your way... thanks though, kid." you pushed yourself to your feet, dusting off your yukata. he shrugged, pulling out a red piece of paper.

"you wouldn't! i was just about to go there to write my wish."

your eyes widened at the red wishing slip in his hands, and you immediately opened your purse to look at the abundance of slips you had in there.

'hanako said if we collect the five colors of the wishing slips and hang them from the big wish tree, our wish might come true... ugh... i really don't want to take a something from a child, but if i add that red one to my collection i might be able to go home!'