spook thirty seven ;; ☾

a/n : love u guys <3 but i also have to ask...

don't you wonder what's to come? don't you wonder why i'm trying to make all the main characters as close friends as possible?? don't you think i have ulterior motives???

sometimes i wonder if any of you think you know how this fic will end

ok bye!

————— ☾ ⋆⁺₊⋆ ☁︎

————— ☾ ⋆⁺₊⋆ ☁︎

"don't you think it's a little inappropriate...?"

hanako peered out from his stall, narrowing his eyes as he stared at you, kou, and nene. resting the mop against the wall, you turned to blink at him innocently.

"my brother in christ, what in god's name do you mean?"

"as if you don't know!" hanako spat back, tugging the festival flyer out of his back pocket and repeatedly smacking his hand against the paper. "this!! i'm talking about this!! right here!!!"

for context, you had invited kou to a summer festival to cheer him up after everything that had happened in the hell of mirrors. clearly, someone wasn't happy about that.

"you're going together? just the two of you?" hanako said, bewildered. he wrapped himself around your torso. "and you're gonna wear yukatas and stuff, aren't you? and walk around holding hands in public!!"

"no. we weren't gonna do anything like that." kou deadpanned.

"and not just us! i'm bringing nene too- if she'll allow me, of course." you blinked at nene, who returned a nod of approval.

"yeah!"

"i'm opposed to illicit sexual relations!" hanako cut in, ignoring your exchange. "i'm against it!!"

"i am a child of god, you disgraceful cretin! as a holy woman, i would never do such a thing before marriage!" you exclaimed as hanako threw himself to the floor, kicking his legs in a childish fit of rage. you were joking, of course; regardless of your religious background, it was fun to watch him get angry over something like this.

"come on, you know i'm bound to the school!" he sobbed, wrapping his arms around kou's legs. "i can't go to outside festivals...!"

"what do you want me to do about it...?" kou frowned down at him, shaking the dark haired boy off of his leg with a huff. you crouched beside the seventh mystery and scooped him up under his arms, pulling him to his feet.