spook sixty four ;; ☾

a/n : sorry it's late but i'm so tireddd i love you guys.

————— ☾ ⋆⁺₊⋆ ☁︎

————— ☾ ⋆⁺₊⋆ ☁︎

the schoolyard was bustling with life, filled with chattering students and the sound of laughter. it was the day of the school sleepover after all- excitement buzzed through the air like electricity.

yokoo pushed himself to his feet with a huff, staring down at the diy oven triumphantly. he raised a hand to his forehead, pushing back his bangs and wiping sweat from his face.

"the oven is set up and ready to go!" he chirped with a wide grin. satou nodded from beside him, standing up as well and leaning into the dirty blond boy.

"i put the anti soot coating on the cooking utensils." he added, earning a smile of gratitude from their upperclassman... who's name they had forgotten, they realized with a guilty glance towards each other.

"thanks, you two! you're a big help." the older student looked around with a hum. "okay, that just leaves the vegetables."

yokoo paused, rubbing the back of his neck. "yeah, the vegetables... uh, that was kou's job."

the three of them slowly turned their heads to the overhang against the school, where students had been prepping their food all evening. there stood a blond haired boy, seemingly in a daze as he sat stiff as a rock.

"is he... always like that?" the upperclassman whispered. yokoo shook his head.

"no..." he responded with a furrow of his brow at the boy's spacey demeanor.

to be fair, kou had been thinking a lot lately- trying to figure out what he could do, how he could help. that was probably the cause of his inattentiveness.

'y/n nee san's short lifespan... the promise i made to mitsuba...' kou swallowed thickly, hand gripping the potato he was holding even tighter. '...what should i be working on first?!'

his gaze darted across the cutting board in front of him, hands trembling from the sheer stress of it all. he swallowed again, thinking back to your carefree demeanor the day before yesterday.

"damn it... while i'm standing around like this, y/n's life is getting shorter and shorter..." kou thought back to when you had visited his home to study, just a few days before finals. "...and she's so stubborn, she won't even admit that she's scared."

you had excused yourself to the restroom halfway through the study session; tiara had caught you crying shortly after, and her worried questions echoed loud enough down the hall for teru to hurriedly intervene. you, of course, insisted everything was fine- but the oldest minamoto boy had shot you a skeptical glance that matched the feeling in kou's chest.