spook fifty nine ;; ☾

a/n : some things i think i should mention before starting this arc ( MAJOR SPOILERS FOR CHAPTER 60 IN THE TBHK MANGA AND ONWARD )-

aoi and akane will definitely not be written romantically. i have a scene planned and stuff for the part in chapter 69 that i did NOT like when first reading. it'll be great, i hope you guys will love it (and as i'm writing i hope i'm staying true to aoi's character! i believe i am but i guess i'll only know when i post it). if you guys can guess what i have planned, awesome :D!

the whole severance thing isn't happening. reason being, it's not going to progress this story to where i want it to go. so disregard everything about it from this point on, this fic is not canon compliant anymore... well it is, just not with the severance lmao.

leave a vote and a comment, please!

————— ☾ ⋆⁺₊⋆ ☁︎

————— ☾ ⋆⁺₊⋆ ☁︎

sunlight streamed through the clouds, the faint scent of morning rain wafting through the air. you had arrived early to the school sleepover, hoping to avoid the rush of other students making their way to the event; however there were a few other people there already, grouping together with their friends and making their way inside.

you donned a casual tank top and shorts, a f/c sweatshirt tied around your waist in case you got cold and soft black thigh highs snug on your legs. slung over your shoulder was your bag, your silver charm gleaming in the golden sun. you scanned the courtyard for any faces you could recognize.

'ah!'

you spotted a fluffy white fox bristling near the gate of the school, wearing an annoyed expression. beside her sat a few mokke peering curiously at the oncoming students and a familiar smoky black cat. you hurried past the other kids to her side, kneeling down with smile.

"hi, yako, hello tsukikage!"

"greetings." the demon dipped his head, tail flicking over his paws. yako bared her teeth at him, standing up and resting her paw on your leg.

"you're here early." she commented. you shrugged, scooping her into your arms and hoping the other students didn't think you looked weird- since to them, you were talking to air.

"well, i didn't want to be late..." you mumbled in response, burying your face in her fur. yako huffed, stubbornly pulling away from you.

"aren't you gonna go mingle with the other brats?"

"well..." you replied, hugging the fox in your arms tightly to your chest. "nene and aoi aren't here yet- besides, i like smelly supernaturals more."