spook forty four ;; ☾

a/n : sorry if this chapter sucks, hope it doesn't <3 remember to vote!

————— ☾ ⋆⁺₊⋆ ☁︎

————— ☾ ⋆⁺₊⋆ ☁︎

"...kill them?"

you took a step away from the supernatural, furrowing your brow at her words.

"you don't mean..." nene mumbled. shijima san shrugged with a wide grin.

"exactly that! i mean exactly what i said!" she exclaimed. "strangle them, stab them with a knife, give 'em a good whack, push them off a high place... pick whichever method you like!"

"wh—?!" kou's eyes widened, before he raised his voice. "what the hell are you talking about?! how is that supposed to get us back to our world?!"

"oh?" shijima hummed innocently. "i thought you knew already? this place is fake. you're in a fictional world!"

at your silence, the brown haired girl pulled out her sketchbook with a sigh.

"...you seem to be confused. allow me to explain further!" she chirped, scribbling in her sketchbook. after a few moments she spun it around, revealing a drawing of herself around a sort of paper scene. "take a look here. this is a fictional world, removed from reality. it's the inside of a picture, drawn by yours truly, and i 'draw' people into it from the real world. that's just the kind of supernatural i am."

you scrunched your nose, feeling your head spin. "wait, we're inside a picture?"

"yes! you don't believe me?" the supernatural sounded disappointed, as though hurt by the doubt evident on your faces. "you felt like something was off, didn't you? isn't that why you came here?"

'...i guess she's right, but... i never expected that we'd actually be in a drawing.' you thought to yourself as shijima continued.

"be it a novel or painting, a main character is an indispensable element in all fiction because the creator builds the world with that character at its core. a world without a main character can't hold up. it collapses." the brown haired girl explained. "fragile, isn't it? fiction, i mean. so... now do you understand?"

shijima smiled, but her expression was empty, her eyes dull as she stared at the three of you.

"you are in a fictional world, drawn by shijima mei, who's main characters are yugi amane and mitsuba sousuke. if you kill them, the world will be destroyed, and you two will be able to return to reality!" the school mystery flipped a page in her sketchbook, chuckling softly. "that is how this story goes. and that is the kind of supernatural i am."