spook forty eight ;; ☾

a/n : writing consistent characters is so hard. i stg i dont know if these characters are consistent in their actions and personality. i'm dead.

————— ☾ ⋆⁺₊⋆ ☁︎

————— ☾ ⋆⁺₊⋆ ☁︎

"you can put me down now."

"if you weren't so stubborn, i wouldn't have had to pick you up in the first place." you retorted with a scowl, glaring at the boy you were carrying over your shoulder.

in the time since your little rooftop confession (that wasn't really a confession, you reasoned), you had urged amane to sneak out of the school with you. he was unwilling to follow at first, but he couldn't really argue if you were forcing him to come along.

you paused in front of the school's gate, allowing the boy to wriggle out of your grasp as you stared down the metal bars.

"for how short you are... you're really heavy." you muttered, reaching out and running your hand over the cool metal.

"hey!"

"do you think we can climb this?" you wondered, ignoring his insulted yell of protest as you rattled the metal bars. "i think it's locked, i can't open it- god damn it!"

you kicked the gate in a fit of frustration, startling as it swung open with a loud creak. you sighed in relief, thankful you wouldn't have to scrabble around for a good grip on the fence to pull yourself up.

"alright! that was easier than expected." you said aloud, looking over your shoulder at the dark haired boy. "let's go, am- hanako."

amane- no, it was hanako. you were sure of it- allowed you to lead him to the edge of school grounds before freezing, shoes scuffing against the concrete. you turned to look at him, noticing a flash of fear jolt across his face.

"hanako?"

"you're going outside, y/n...?" he asked, honey colored eyes flicking between you and the gate.

"that's... right. i have to." you told him. "and you do, t—"

"i'm not going with you." he stated firmly, staring at the floor. you furrowed your brow, stepping closer to him as he continued. "i got caught up in the moment and let you bring me here, but... i... won't leave the school."

"why not?" you huffed, placing your hands on your hips. "i can and will pick you up again. you know i will, hanako—!"

"it's amane kun. i keep telling you." the dark haired boy insisted. "why would i want to run away? we're... just now getting to the best part." he smiled, though it didn't reach his eyes. "besides, there's nothing good out there. the streets are dangerous at night... and with all the light pollution, you can't see the stars. let's go back and join everybody, misfortune. or..."