THE MORE THE MERRIER

a couple months later...

Amber POV

Me and Kierra are on our way to her mom's for our annual family cookout. Last year it was at my mother's house so they changed it. Its been a couple months since the incident and Kierra is doing great. We've been out more often. Even though she has her moments she still tries to go out a little. The cookout been started like 30mins ago but i made us late because i couldnt find nothing to wear.

*flashback - looking for her outfit*
Ki: baby just put on the biker shirts and shirt
Amb: i dont wanna wear that baeeeee
Ki: so then what do you want to wear Amber?
Amb: why you calling me by my gov?
Ki: because i been told you to find your outfit. you take to long
Amb: fine kiiieerraaa
Ki: chill out
I just shut up and put the biker shorts on. I hate when she tells me to chill out so sternly because i do 🙄. And people think im the more dominant one. But anyways I fixed my hair then we left.
*flashback over*

When we got to Ki's mom house we went straight to the back. Everyone was out here. I went to speak to everyone and then hung with my sister for the remainder. Teonie mustve smelled me because i didnt see her nowhere but she came running over to me. I havent seen her since before Kierra's accident. She started crying on my shoulder, so emotional. I just held her until she was done. Once she was done she started talking about everything then she ran to Kierra. Her and Kierra have built their own little bond.
The food was finally done and we said prayer and ate. I love being around the people I love. Especially my family. As we were eating I could tell that Ki was starting have a panic attack. They dont come very often but when they do it can be a lot for her. I put my plate down and took her somewhere quiet. We did the breathing exercise that her therapist recommended. It calmed her down but she wasnt ready to go back out yet.
We stayed in the back room for about 30mins and then we went back. I gave her a hug just because my baby is strong. She's going through a lot right now and I just wanna love her. We finished eating our food and mingled with everyone. We all played a few game before it was time to go. Everyone started to help clean up so we could all go. Me and Kierra said our goodbyes to everyone and we left.

Kierra POV
I kinda feel bad for having a panic attack at the cookout. I tried to calm myself down but Amber had seen me of course. Anyways we are on our way home. I practically slept the whole way back. Once we got home we showered and got dressed again. My bestfriend Shamika is having a party for her birthday and told me and Amber if we're not there she gonna beat us up. I put on a black bodycon dress and some heals. Amber had on a black crop top with a pair of lether pants and some heels. My baby look good. We were both in the bathroom because she was fixing her hair and I was doing my makeup. Man i just kept staring at her. She's just so pretty.
We finished around the same time. As we was leaving out I smacked Amber's butt and she looked like she wasnt to cuss me out.

"It was just there."
"Nobody told you to hit me."
"It was calling me like: Kieraaaaaa hit meeeee"
"Girl- come on."
"Ard"

We grabbed a few things we needed and left back out. The place wasnt far from where we lived. Once we got to the party we went inside and it was A LOT of people here. Amber kept making sure I was okay. Somehow Shamika found us. You could tell she was drunk as hell lol. She started talking to us hella fast and me and Amber just laughed. We both got a drink and tried talking to people.
As I was talking to Shamika's cousin Back That Ass Up came on. Everyone knows this is Amber's favorite twerk song. I look towards the crowd and seen her in the middle cutting up. I could tell she was drunk tho. Looks like im driving home smh. Not to long after Amber started twerking, Shamika jumped in. My two drunk bestfriends. I started to see people grab up on Amber and we dont do that. I quickly made my way over to here and grab her. She just looked at me.

"Hey babe" she started smiling.
"Hi baby."
"You okay?"
"Yes im fine, you good?"
"Mhm"
"Come on so you can sit down."
"Mk"

While we were walking to the tables I had to hold her waist because she kept tripping. I honestly dont know what she had but she dont need nothing else. Once we got to the table she started talking my head off. She very talkative when drunk. Around 12, everyone started leaving. Amber wasnt as drunk but she couldn't drive. We said our goodbyes and left. We got home at 12:30. I help Amber get upstairs and immediately went to sleep. I changed my clothes and made sure we had headache medicine because she's gonna be hungover. I turned on the tv an watched a movie. When I laid down Amber cuddles with me and we went to sleep. Goodnight from us !