Don't Say I Didn't Tell You So

It was three days after the Royal Rumble, Randy having a World title match against the champion, Triple H.

During the match Randy had gone for a DDT, only to have it blocked and for him to fall back, hitting his head bouncing back on the canvas. His equilibrium must have shifted because he was stumbling around, with a far away look in his eyes; he looked concussed.

He lost the match.

As soon as he got backstage, Hunter helped carry him to the trainers room where the doctor confirmed that he had suffered a concussion.

But it didn't stop him from going out there the next night.

Much to my dismay, he went out and had a tag team match, teaming with Shawn Michaels to take on Triple H and Ric Flair.

"I still don't think this is a good idea.", I sighed as I looked at Randy, who was fixing his knee pads before standing up straight, shooting me a look.

"Mel-", he started, only to be cut off by me.

"I mean, you have a concussion, you're not fit to even go out there."

"I'm fine-"

"Didn't look that way last night.", I frowned, crossing my arms over my chest as I looked up at him. "Look Randy, all I'm asking is for you to take one night off, is that too much to ask?"

Randy let out a sigh, gently pulling me to stand infront of him, his hands resting around my lower back. "Mel, I'm okay. They said I could wrestle tonight, so just let it be, alright.", he spoke trying to somewhat assure me.

"But that's them telling you that, maybe you should listen to your future wife and take the night off.", I suggested with a smile, trying to convince him to change his mind.

Randy stared back at me blankly, guessing that's a no then, dammit.

"Fine, but if you come back even more concussed, don't say I didn't tell you so.", I huffed as I removed his hands from me, moving away.

"Melody, c'mon. Don't be mad about this-"

"Hey kid, you ready?", Shawn asked as he walked over, halting as he noticed the silence between me and Randy. "Am I interrupting something here or..?"

"No, it's nothing.", Randy mumbled, shrugging before walking away.

Well, no goodbye? Oh, okay then.

Letting of a sigh I decided to start packing away, maybe try and get out of here alittle earlier.

All I asked was for him to take the night off due to his concussion last night and he basically tells me no, and says that he's wrestling tonight.

I understand that this is what he's been wanting to do all his life, but he's injured and I just don't want him getting any worse.

"Hey, Melody.", I turned around to see Shawn still standing there, looking somewhat awkward. "I know you're probably worried about him."

"I just wanted one night for him to take off, to recover but he couldn't even give me that."

"You know what the kid's like.", he laughed, attempting to lighten the situation. "Look, I can't guarantee he won't come back without another concussion, but I'll try and look out for him out there.", Shawn smiled as he placed a hand on my shoulder.

"Thanks.", I smiled back.

He gave a nod of the head before walking off to meet up with Randy.