Car Conversations

"Are we stopping for food in this town or are we going straight to the next and then eating?", Amy asked as she started the ignition of the car.

She was stuck with driving duty tonight.

"Can we get something here? I'm starving!", Trish groaned as she got in the backseat. I was seated in the passenger.

Yes, tonight we had to drive over to the next town ready for the next show.

"Sure, I'm abit hungry myself.", I added.

"McDonalds it is for us.", Amy smiled as she pulled out of the parking space and started driving.

"This lifestyle is tiring.", Trish yawned.

"You're telling me.", Amy sighed.

"Worth it though.", I shrugged.

"Oh definately!", she nodded, quickly glancing at me.

We stopped at the drive throgh, ordering some food before heading on our way again.

The car was in a nice, comfortable silence. The radio on low as we just ate our food.

"So Mel, how was your day?", Trish asked.

"The usual, nothing much."

"Are you sure?", Amy smirked.

I, urm..do they know something I don't know?

"Didn't see anyone in particular?", Trish asked again. "Any legend killers..?", she grinned.

So this is what they're on about, great.

"Well yeah I saw Randy earlier in the night in catering.", I started.

"Is that the only time you saw him?", Amy raised a brow at me.

Wow, this must be a 'roast Melody on her day' car journey, this is gonna be fun.

"Well yeah I went to see him after Raw ended.", I shrugged.

I mean, it isn't a crime to go and see your friend, is it? Last time I checked it wasn't. Might be now though.

"I thought I saw you walking with him in the corridor.", Amy nodded.

"You did?", I asked.

"Yeah, I was walking to the locker room and you two were infront of me, he had his arm all over you and stuff.", she smirked.

"Oooooh, getting cosy with Orton are we?", Trish grinned.

This is going just great. Thanks Orton, look what I have to suffer with.

But it's not like you were complaining much when he did it..

"It was nothing.", I stated simply.

"Just nothing?", Trish questioned. "I mean c'mon Mel, there is something there.", she explained, Amy nodding in agreement as she kept her eyes on the road.

"Trish is right, I mean you two have this chemistry together, not only friendship chemistry but maybe also se-"

"No.", I cut her off bluntly. I knew what she was going to say, and she was totally wrong.

"But I never fi-"

"No."

"You're so defiant over this."

"Because it's not true."

"Who are you trying to kid? Us or yourself?", Trish asked, giving me a look.

I sat there in silence, not replying to her.

Maybe I was trying to kid myself into thinking there was nothing there. I mean, there isn't, is there? But who would like a girl like me? I mean, Randy is a third generation wrestler, he should be dating like models and others of that caliber.

He wouldn't want anything to do with a girl who does hair and make-up backstage.

All we are is friends, right?

Yes, friends.

No chemistry of any kind.

"We're not trying to dish dirt from you Mel, we were just curious. I mean you two formed a friendship quite quickly over these few months.", Trish spoke, trying to break the silence what had filled the car for the past fifteen minutes. "If you like Randy then that's fine, I mean he's a lovely guy-"

"When he's not cocky egotistical airhead.", Amy added.

"Well, yeah..that.", Trish shrugged.

"If you like him then fine, just be careful, okay Mel? Or else he'll receive a twist of fate from me.", Amy grinned.

"And a dose of Stratusfaction of me!", Trish smiled, punching my arm lightly.

I gave them both a smile before turning my attention to the passing traffic outside the window.

Maybe I do like Randy.

Maybe I don't.

Never mind deciding that at the moment, I can't decide if I should finish the rest of my chicken nuggets or save the rest if I'm hungry later on during this road trip.

Lets just take one decision one step at a time.

Starting with finishing off the nuggets.

-

So that was the next chapter! Hope you liked it! Sorry for this being alittle short and for no Randy, promise that he'll be in the next!