Confession & Confusion

I didn't say anything as I kept glaring at him. Pretty sure if this was X-Men and I was the female version of Cyclops, Randy would be nothing but a pile of dust.

"Melody.."

I kept quiet for a few moments more before I started to talk, "So, we're still together?"

The slight widening of his eyes and the blank look on his face said pretty much everything. "Look I had no choice, I couldn't-", he held his hands up in defence but I instantly cut him off.

"You had a choice Randy, you didn't have to lie!"

"Will you keep your voice down.", he spoke in a hushed voice as he got up off the bed, walking over to me.

"No your 'girlfriend' won't keep her voice down!", I replied in a snarky tone, air quotes included. Randy looked back at me with a slight glare.

"So come on Randy, why did you lie?", I questioned staring intently at him waiting for an answer, crossing my arms over my chest. Randy turned away from me, pacing a small space in the room. "Well..?", I added.

He ignored me, continuing to pace, which was annoying me slowly.

"Randy."

Nothing.

I repeated his name, frustration slipping through in my tone; still nothing.

"Randal!"

"I was scared okay!", he blurted out, facing me with a slightly distressed look. Letting out a breath he ran his hands over his face before walking over to sit back down on the edge of the bed. "I was scared.", he repeated.

My face fell from a frown to a look of confusion, he was scared? I kept quiet, wondering if he was going to expand on his statement.

"I couldn't bring myself to tell my parents the truth because I was scared of what they would think, what they would think of you, what they would think of me.", Randy sighed as he stared ahead of himself. "If they found out how I was, they would be disappointed. When they found out about you and that we were having a baby together, they assumed we were together and part of me went with that. I didn't think and I'm sorry, I took the easy way out of it.", he added.

"Randy they're your parents and they love you, they wouldn't think bad of you.", I shook my head slightly.

"Yes they would Melody, don't lie. If anyone knew what I did to you they'd label me as a bad person."

Sighing I walked over to sit beside him, taking his hand in mine as it rested on his leg. "Randy they wouldn't, yeah they may think it was a bad thing but they wouldn't just judge you on-"

"They would.", he interrupted me.

"Look Randy, who cares what other people think? I never once took you for the kind of person who cares about other people's perceptions of you. Yes, you made a mistake, but you're only human. Everyone makes mistakes, some more than others but that's life.", I spoke. "Plus I don't think you're a bad person, you're wonderful Randy. You have your moments sometimes but that's just you and that's how I've grown to love you.", I added with a smile.

I froze slightly taken aback by what I said, I mean did I just say I loved him?

No, of course not. I mean grown to love him as a person, right? But isn't that the same thing? You love someone for who they are, all their flaws and all.

Calm down here Melody, I'm sure he won't take it out of context.

Looking up I noticed Randy staring down at me, this unreadable look on his face but it looked so familiar, like I've seen this before..