Burn In My Light

Tonight was the night; Wrestlemania of course.

However instead of being in Los Angeles for the special night I was instead in my new place to call home, St Louis.

With now being eight months pregnant and Randy's protectiveness going into hyper mode - yes, he has made it possible to be more overbearing than he already was - since he was away he suggested that I'd stay with the future mother-in-law, just incase baby Orton decided to make a surprise early appearance.

Then again, it was probably wise.

Knowing my luck if I was there I'd probably end up going into labour half way through a match.

But this Wrestlemania season was very special, Bob had been inducted into the Hall of Fame the night before and Randy was taking on possibly one of the most respected wrestlers in the company, The Undertaker.

With Randy turning heel and going back to his cocky, egotistical and determined asshole ways he challenged the Undertaker's streak at Wrestlemania, vowing to kill the legend that is the Phenom himself.

Beforehand they had him disrespect and even RKO a string of legends, showing that he was determined to break this streak, no matter what it took.

Heck, they even had him RKO his on-screen love interest, Stacy Keibler.

Poor girl.

And here we was, the night of all nights.

My nerves were there, as always when Randy has some big deal match, although to him he said that every match is a big deal, however he was joking. Although if this was what he wanted to do all his life, then of course it's gonna be taken seriously, no matter how big or small the match is.

If that was the case I'd be sending myself to an early grave with how much I worry about him, and dragging me with him for making me worry about him so much.

I let out a huff as I shifted in my seat, catching Elaine's attention. "Getting impatient, are we?", she smiled.

"He said he'd call before he goes out there.", I huffed looking between the television screen and my phone what was placed beside me.

"He'll call soon enough.", she nodded.

"If not then he'll have a heavily pregnant lady on his case.", Nate mumbled, rolling his eyes when his mother scolded him.

The phone rang, right on time.

Standing up I moved to the kitchen to have a bit of privacy and to block out the background noise of the television and Nate's added commentary during matches.

"Hey."

"Hey back.", his voice rang through instantly bringing a smile to my face. Silence fell between us comfortably, just hearing his voice after weeks of him being absent from home and travelling around promoting Wrestlemania was enough for me. "How are you?", he asked.

"I'm okay, nervous though."

"You? Nervous? If anything I'd think you'd be the one going out to wrestle the Undertaker.", Randy laughed.

I rolled my eyes, "You know how I get.", I mumbled.

"Yeah, I know. It used to be just mom who'd have that feeling, now I have you doing it too..", he huffed out a breath, laughing.

"Well you're just gonna have to deal with it.", I smiled.

"Guess I will.", he sighed. "I miss you.", Randy spoke, his voice coming out just above a whisper.