What Was That?

"So you're pregnant?", mom asked as she sat on the opposite couch next to my dad.

This was the first time in five minutes one of them has said anything to me since I broke the news to them that I was having a baby.

The looks on their faces seemed surprised for one thing.

Disappointment? Maybe.

I nodded in reply.

"And the father?"

"We're not together anymore.", I replied, keeping it simple. I'd rather not explain the whole situation to them, it would probably make it worse. Nethertheless they were already probably disappointed that I wasn't even with the father.

Mom just nodded slowly.

"Are you sure you want this Melody? I mean, you're only twenty-four. You have your whole life ahead of you to have children.", dad spoke.

"I'm sure, I don't want to give this up."

How can they even be asking me this? Are they crazy?

"But you're not even with the father."

"That doesn't matter to me, it's still my child dad, why should I take their life away? I have no reason to. Just because I'm not with the father doesn't make a difference, I mean yeah it does but it's still a life. I can't take that away.", I replied.

He sighed but nodded, standing up and walking over to me and sat beside me. "If that's what you want, then we'll be behind you. It won't be easy, but just know we are here for you, Melody."

"Thanks dad.", I smiled hugging him.

"No problem sweetheart."

Well, this was much easier than I thought it was going to be. I expected tears, shouting and me walking out of here.

Oh how I was wrong.

"Melody, who is the father to your child, may I ask?", mom questioned.

I pulled away from hugging dad to look at her. Well okay maybe this is the part where things may get messy.

"Urm, Randy Orton.", I mumbled.

Mom and dad both looked at each other before looking back at me. "What was that? It sounded like you said Randy Orton.", dad laughed uncomfortably.

"Yeah, I did.", I replied looking down.

No one said anything else.

"Orton? That damn wrestler?", he asked, voice raising slightly higher.

I just nodded in reply.

I felt the weight of the couch beside me lighten, my dad standing up and walking away, I heard the door shut so I'm guessing that he left the room.

I should have known that they would act like this.

When I first started working in the WWE my parents were aware that I was around alot of males, attractive ones at that too. One thing they said to me was to not get involved with one of them, cause it would only spell trouble and I'd end up getting hurt somehow.

But when it came to Randy it just... happened.

Oh how they were right.

I looked over to my mom who had an unreadable look on her face, it was like she didn't know whether to feel sorry for me or ashamed.

"I'm so sorry.", I said softly, feeling my eyes water.

"It's fine.", mom nodded a small smile on her face. She said that but I think we all know that is all a lie.