The Morning After

I was awoken to noise outside the corridor again. I swear people just like to interrupt my sleep, especially on my days off.

But this time it was a knock at the door. Sighing as I walked over and opened the door.

Randy.

"Hey, didnt wake you did I?", he asked with a playful smile.

"No, of course not.", I sarcastically said, moving so he could step inside.

"Good.", he nodded.

I rolled my eyes and shut the door, walking back over to my bed and lying back down. I felt the weight of Randy take the side next to me.

"Want something Orton?", I asked.

"I just wanna thankyou for last night, taking care of me and such."

"You're welcome, it's what friends do.", I shrugged. "Why get so drunk though?", I asked.

"I don't know.", he sighed. "Just a celebration and stuff."

"But didn't you celebrate like the night of SummerSlam?"

"Yeah but y'know.", he shrugged with a smile.

There was a break of silence between us. Almost like he wasn't here and it was just me alone in the room.

"Melody..", Randy started.

"Yeah?"

"Can we talk?"

Oh..

"We're talking now aren't we?"

"No need to be a smartass Mel.", he smirked. "But uh, these past few days I've been thinking."

"Thinking about what?", I asked.

"You and me."

"Us?", I lifted my head to look at him, he nodded in reply to my question.

Where is he going with this?

"I mean, I've been thinking alot about you, I have alot actually over these past few weeks.", Randy explained.

Feelings mutual, Otton.

"And urm.", he let out an uneasy laugh. "I'm sorry this is abit strange for me.", he smiled. "Over these months of our friendship developing I realised that, we uh.."

I gave him a smile, urging him on.

"I know I've done stuff to push our friendship beyond what it is, especially last night.", he looked down. "But I just..got carried away.", Randy sighed.

What.

"You see, you know we could never work out, right?", he looked back at me with this smile, but it wasn't the usual one. "You're not that stupid to actually think that me and you could actually be together right?", he asked.

The look on my face said it all. I couldn't even think of words to form a sentance.

I felt stupid and naive.

Of course, what did you expect Melody? For Randy to just sit there and profess his love to you? Ask him to marry you and live happily ever after? This ain't no fairytale.

Wake up.

Wake up.

WAKE UP.

I shot up, breathing heavily.

Wow that felt real.

I put my head in my hands trying to steady my breathing. I glanced at the clock; 09:56am. I should probably just get up.