Confontation Central

I was reading a magazine to pass the time when a picture fell onto my lap.

My scan picture.

Frowning, I looked up to see Randy who looked pretty much pissed off.

"So Melody, how did the scan you didn't tell me about go?", he asked, I could hear the venom in his words, underlined with a hint of sadness.

How does he..?

I went to open my mouth to speak but he cut me off.

"Christian told me. Came up to me flaunting that in my face and told me about your scan."

What? No, fuck.

"Randy I-"

"Don't 'Randy' me.", he sneered cutting me off. "I'm the father of this child and some creepy little bastard is here trying to play father to my baby."

I couldn't even say anything, the way he was looking at me was just something I've never seen him do before, he looks so hurt.

But he has it all wrong.

"How dare you do this behind my back, even after everything I thought you was a decent person and would have been civil and let me attend a scan to see my child for the very first time."

"It's honestly not-"

"No, no Melody. I don't wanna listen to your bullshit excuses, do you know why? Because you wouldn't let me explain myself weeks back when you found out. Now you know how it feels to be cut off. How does it feel?", Randy asked.

I felt myself begin to tear up.

"How does it feel Melody, huh?", he asked again, raising his voice slightly.

"Randy please, you're being mean."

"Mean? I'm mean, huh? So I guess I was mean when I saved you from Maven, right? You haven't ever see me be mean to you, Melody.", he scoffed. "You did this to get back at me, didn't you?"

"No, I-", I started, shaking my head.

"Then why Melody?", his voice cracked slightly. Looking into his eyes I could see tears forming, he was on the brink of crying. "You should know everything I said and did when we were together was real and true, I fell for you Melody."

"Well you had a funny way of showing it with that bet.", I remarked.

"That bet. Here we go again, Melody. I'm sorry, I'm sorry for doing that I was ignorant and stupid, but bare in mind I hardly knew what you was like. I didn't know I was going to fall for you, but I did. I didn't know I was going to love you like I did, but I did. Do I regret the bet? Of course I do, there is not one damn second I don't regret that and I beat myself up over it every single day I'm not with you.", he ranted before turning and walked away.

I sat there, I couldn't think of anything to say. It was like I was froze as I processed his words.

He then stopped and turned back, "And before you call me out for being a bad person maybe you should go and check that son of a bitch you've been running around with before you start making judgements, because I'm not the bad person here." Randy added.

Who is he even going on about?

"What?", I asked, confused by what he said.

"You know well and true who I'm talking about Melody, and if he thinks for one second that he's playing dad to my child he has another thing coming. If he goes near or even puts his hands on my child when that baby is born he will find himself six feet under.", Randy said in a low, threatening tone before finally walking away.