Usual Night Backstage

Authors Note: Apologies for this being late, however I kept retyping and retyping this cause I didn't feel happy with it. However, I thought I'd give it to you cause you've all waited long enough! Hope you like it, sorry if its short, ugh I'm nervous about this first chapter, but I hope you guys like it.. :) happy reading!

-

It was just a usual day backstage at the arena for tonight's Monday Night Raw.

The talent arriving to see if they were going to be used for any segment, or for matches they are scheduled to have. The crew running round to get the last preparations ready, making sure everything is set for when the show goes live in a couple of hours.

I had just arrived at the arena, carting my makeup case and bag containing hair straightners, curlers, dryer and rollers alongside a ton of hair products; prepared for anything.

Walking straight to my assigned room for the rest of the night, opening my make-up case and plugging in the appliances I'll be using tonight.

It was only a matter of time until the first person always through the door arrived..

"Hey.", Trish smiled as she walked through the door.

"Hi.", I smiled, briefly looking at her before turning my attention back to what I was doing.

"You free?"

"You know I am, you're always the first in the chair.", I laughed.

"Well..yeah.", Trish nodded as she sat in the chair. "Can I turn the lights on?", she asked.

"Huh?", I looked at her in confusion.

She pointed to the lightbulbs surrounding the edge of the mirror on the vanity table.

"Yeah, sure.", I smiled.

She grinned and flicked the switch, the lights flickering on to give the room a light glow.

"You are so weird."

"Eh, runs in the family.", shrugged Trish.

"That's true.", I nodded.

Yep. Us Stratigias folks are one weird family.

"So what you doing tonight? Match? Segment?"

"A match so I'll just have my usual style, if you don't mind."

"Okay then.", I smiled.

I started getting out the make-up I used for Trish an started work.

"So how are you anyway?", she asked.

"I'm good, you?"

She said nothing, but she shrugged. I gave her a look.

"Great..", she answered.

"Trish..", I sighed.

"I'm okay"

"How are you and Ron?"

"We're fine.", she nodded curtly.

"Okay.", I sighed as I finished up her make-up. I put my make-up brush down, looking at her. "Y'know Trish, if you do need someone to talk to, then I'm here right?"

"I know, and I thank you for that, but everything is okay.", she smiled.

I nodded; accepting to just drop it, and picked up a hairbrush.

"Usual hair for Miss Stratus?", I asked.

"Please.", she nodded.

I started brushing her hair, preparing to style it to it's usual Stratus style she has it these days.

-

After finishing off Trish's hair, which didn't take long to do, I decided to head down to catering for a drink.

Passed a few divas on the way, smiling and saying hello to them.

Eventually reaching the room marked for catering that night, I had a quick browse on what was on today's menu in catering, picking up a bottle of water also, I turned around only to smack into something.

Or someone.

"Sorry about that.", I facepalmend myself, damn it Melody can't you watch where you are going?

"No worries.", a smug voice sounded.

That voice could only fit one person.

I looked up to find Mr Legend Killer himself, Randy Orton.

"Melody, nice to see you.", he grinned.

Oh that cocky grin what was always plastered on that smug face of his. Perfect smug face, might I add.

"Randal, nice to see you too.", I smiled, him groaning at me calling him by his real name.

I took in his presence. He was wearing a dark suit; of a navy colour to be exact. A crisp white shirt and a red a white tie with black formal shoes. But the one thing what set the whole look off was the gold title on his right shoulder. The World Heavyweight Championship.

Of course, the championship he won last night at SummerSlam, defeating Chris Benoit. Great match.

"Don't you scrub up well.", I raised my brow slightly.

"Well the champion does have to look good when he has his celebration, doesn't he?", he mused as he pulled at the knot of his tie, fixing it.

"Right..segment, I'm guessing you're going to gloat about you being the you-"

"Youngest Heavyweight Champion.", he smirked, finishing off my sentance.

"Yeah, whatever.", I rolled my eyes at him.

"As a matter of fact, I am. However Benoit has his rematch tonight so I'll be in action, possibly the main event.", Randy shrugged nonchalantly.

"Mmh."

"Will you be watching?"

"Should I?", I questioned.

"Maybe..yes."

"I have a job to do Randal."

"Shouldn't you be doing that job then, instead of standing here talking to the World Heavyweight Champion?", he challenged.

Damn it.

"Well played.."

"I try.", he grinned.

Damn that Orton grin. So perfect.

"I'll be going back to my job now."

"You do that. See you around Melody.", he nodded.

I just gave him a curt nod and started heading back.

"Don't forget to watch my match!", Randy called from down the hall. I could hear the smirk in his tone of voice.

Smug little sh-

"I know you want to.", he added.

I gave out a sarcastic laugh as I disappeared down the corridor, back into my assigned room for the rest of the night.