First Time

I was sat down in the waiting room, staring off into space as I waited patiently.

It was a few minutes until my appointment was due, I was just waiting to be called through.

Going this alone was quite scary, but having chickening out and being interrupted several times stopped me from asking Randy if he wanted to come along, I shouldn't have really stalled that night at Survivor Series but the words just wouldn't come out.

That and I didn't want to tear him away from any other things he may be doing on his off days.

I mean, it's just a scan, right? Right.

Plus yesterday he was pretty much busy playing his General Manager duties as it was his week to run the show after he won at Survivor Series, so I thought it was best not to interrupt him.

That and he was running around all over the place.

Being here made me feel kind of uncomfortable, yet anxious to get it over with. One, mainly because I was scared, and two because today would be the day I finally get to see my baby for the first time ever.

A smile slowly formed on my lips as I thought about it, it was only twenty eight weeks left until it might be here, depending if I go full term or not. The fact that around that time I'll be holding a life I made in my arms feels..I don't know.

It just feels right, in a sense.

In these weeks I'm going to have to buy all the things I need, do the nursery up and a lot more. Part of me wishes that it was different terms with Randy, then we would be doing that together, yet it isn't.

"Melody Stratigias.", the doctor called out, waiting by the door.

Standing up, I took a deep breath and headed over.

"Hi, I'm Dr. Lewis, I'll be the one assigned to guide you through your pregnancy.", she spoke with a smile as she lead me into a room. "Take a seat on the bench and we'll get started."

The doctor ran through a couple of questions she had, also asked if I had any, which I didn't.

She was setting up the ultrasound monitor whilst I adjusted myself.

"No partner?", Dr. Lewis questioned.

"Ur, no. I'm sure the dad will be involved though, somewhere.", I replied shrugging slightly.

I have no idea where Randy stands on all this, if he wants to be involved or not. Hadn't really had the chance to even ask him.

That and I'm pretty sure I'm going to have to choose a birthing partner real soon, I don't want to do that alone. Maybe Trish, that's if she wants to do it.

"If you look at the screen, you'll be able to see your baby for the first time.", the doctor spoke, breaking me out of my thought.

I had been that caught up in my mind that I didn't even realise that she was doing the scan now, the lights already off as she stared at the screen.

Propping up slightly I stared up at the screen, amazed at what I was seeing. There it was, just a small thing what happened to be growing inside me. I felt my eyes tear up as I stared at the image, it was starting to hit me that I was really going to become a parent in the next few months.

"There's the head, the body. It seems to have its hands clasped together, and then there is the legs and the feet.", Dr. Lewis pointed out. "The baby is normal size for how many weeks you are, looking good so far.", she smiled.

I nodded in reply as I wiped the tears off of my face.

"Do you want pictures of your scan?", she asked.