Chapter Forty-Two

I stood there, staring at them.

Shocked is an understatement right now, they were the last people I thought I would ever see right now.

"Hi honey.", mom said, sending me a small smile.

I opened my mouth, hoping that something would be said. but nothing.

I couldn't speak.

I couldn't believe they were here.

My gaze went to Randy who was looking at me cautiously, like he was weary of my reaction to seeing my parents on his doorstep.

I frowned slightly, why were they here? From what I recalled the last time they talked to me, they shamed me out for even being pregnant with a wrestlers baby, yet here they are, on his front doorstep.

"What are you doing here?", my voice broke quietly, finally managing to get my words out.

"We came to talk to you, the both of you."

I let out an amused sound, "Talk about what? How you don't approve of your first grandchild having a wrestler as a father?", I scoffed. "That I'm a disgrace to the family?", I added.

My dad looked down, letting out a small sigh, "Melody, please. We're sorry."

I crossed my arms over my chest as I shook my head at them. "Why are you even here?", I questioned, looking between the both of them.

My mother and father looked at one another, before looking back at me.

"They're here because I asked them to come here."

I turned around to face Randy, a look of surprise on my face. "What?", I asked in disbelief.

"They're here..because I invited them to come here. To see you.", Randy repeated slowly, his hands tucking into the pockets of his sweats.

I couldn't..I can't believe this.

"I think it's best that we to sit down, please; Mr and Mrs Stratigias, do come in.", Randy motioned as he took my hand and lead me over to the couch, mom and dad sitting on the one opposite.

I looked at Randy with a weary expression, only for him to give me a small, comforting smile, taking my hand in his. "It'll be okay, I'm here." he whispered before placing a kiss on my cheek.

I let out a sigh, looking over to my parents, noticing my mom looking at me and Randy with a small smile.

"Firstly Melody, me and your mother would like to once again apologise to how we reacted when we found out that you were expecting Randy's baby.", my father spoke.

"It's fine.", I replied monotonously.

"It's not Melody. Honey, we weren't there for you. We pushed you away in your time of need when you was going through this by yourself at the time. As a mother, I'm ashamed of how I behaved. Your my baby girl and I wasn't there for you when you needed me.", mom spoke, her voice wavering. "We know about your situation with Randy and I just-"

Wait, what?

"How do you guys know..?", I questioned, confused.

"I told them.", Randy answered.

Well, Randy is just full of surprises tonight, isn't he?!

"When?"

"The day after we had that talk, in my hotel room. I asked Trish for your parents address, flew up to Toronto to talk to them."

"Why?"

"Because I had inadvertently messed up your relationship with your parents, and I felt responsible for somehow making them come around. You went through being alone, I couldn't stand to see you go through that any longer, even if we had somewhat talked it through.", he responded.