23

Once back at the Coven House, Laurel let Delia know that she would contact Damon and let him know the new bit of information they were able to uncover, and Delia could fill her mom in as well. Laurel still wasn’t ready to see Caroline again after the awkward morning, and hopefully Josephine was already gone. If she wasn’t Laurel was in no mood to ever see her again. Bidding Delia goodnight, Laurel snuck up to her room for the last time, tomorrow Damon would be picking her up and she would be moving into his penthouse.

Laurel picked up her phone, remembering that she had promised to text Damon when she was back at the Coven House. Finished our research trip, not a lot of new information, but it does seem like the Fae might have more answers in their world, or a key to the other Realms. Delia scanned some pages from the book and she’ll be sending copies to you soon I think.

Damon replied almost instantly. Thank you for letting me know. I’m looking forward to tomorrow, let me know if you need help with anything tonight. I don’t sleep so don’t worry about the time. Damon texted her back almost immediately.  He didn’t sleep? So when he stayed with her he just lay there as comfort for her, Laurel thought to herself and put her hand over her heart, focusing on the little light of her bond with him. 

It had been a whirlwind couple days, most of the events had left her head spinning but moving in with Damon was something that felt very right to her. She wasn’t afraid that they were moving too quickly, and she was grateful for all he had done for her, and that he was going to continue helping her. She could feel a warm hum in her mind from their magical bond. She could feel his concern for her, it helped keep her calm and grounded. She hoped he could feel how much she needed him.

Laurel’s phone buzzed with a message from Delia hey girl help yourself to anything in the closet when you are packing up, consider it a gift from me and an apology from Mama on behalf of aunt Jo.

Thanks D. For everything, I don’t know how I would have survived this without you.

Just happy I could help, now pack up and get some rest, you’ll need it after Damon carries you over his threshold tomorrow. 

Delia was probably right, Laurel thought to herself, her and Damon had only spent time together at her former apartment, and one chaste night at the coven house. Laurel was excited to see how things would be different when Damon was on his home territory. Did he have his own toy box? Or maybe he had a whole playroom set up. She knew there were playrooms for rent or purchase at Club Red, so surely Damon had some kind of set up either at his home or the club. Laurel couldn’t help that her mind began to fantasize about Damon, binding her arms in soft leather cuffs, connecting them to chains on the ceiling leaving her barely balanced on her tiptoes, stretched out and bare for his enjoyment. She licked her lips as the fantasy continued, Damon carefully tying a silk blind fold over her eyes, his hands tracing down her body, when she was interrupted by another buzz from her phone.

OMG LAUREL WHAT ARE YOU DOING?

Nothing De, I was just thinking about tomorrow and my move?

My ass that’s all, I just got hit by a swell of lust out of nowhere! Felt like molten wax under my skin urging me to get all hot and bothered!

Ok it might have been a naughty fantasy… I’m sorry I didn’t realize I could affect you like that.

There was a knock on Laurel’s door, she opened it and found Delia in her pjs in the hallway. 

“So, seems like your lusty magic is getting less contained then?”

“I guess so? I don’t think I’ve ever affected someone in a different room before.” Laurel was blushing furiously now, embarrassed that her friend knew the kind of thoughts she was having, and that her fantasies affected her friend inadvertently.

“This is definitely new Laurel, I’ve been around you for awhile, I’ve been around you when you were aroused before and got hints of it.  This was a wave of power. I wish we knew more about the source of your magic...”

“I guess it’s really for the best that I’m going to be moving in with Damon. I’d rather not force arousal on you or anyone else living here every time I have a daydream. I’m so embarrassed” Laurel was crimson from the tops of her ears down lower than the neckline of her shirt showed.

“Don’t be embarrassed, you couldn’t help this, or control it. This is all new to you. I imagine the last the of the binding spell must be gone or very nearly gone. Girl you have some power in you! I was nearly at the other end of the house when I got hit.” Delia sounded excited about the new development, Laurel was less enthusiastic that she now had to worry about people at a distance being affected by her.

“OH god! Was your mom affected!?” Laurel’s face was almost purple with embarrassment now as she thought about Delia’s sweet mother falling under her magic.

“She’s out right now, taking Aunt Jo to the airport to get rid of her. I was the only one home to be affected.”

“Thank god for small miracles then. I don’t think I would have ever been able to face your mom again if she had of been here for that.”

“She wouldn’t have minded, she’s not a prude and has spent time with the Fae”

“I would have minded though” Laurel said shyly. “I’ll try and keep my thoughts to myself…or at least keep them PG”

“Hahaha don’t worry about it. I kind of liked it, your magic felt good, all about pleasure and lust.”

“Delia I am going to have this blush burned into my skin if you don’t stop”

“Ok ok. I’ll stop teasing. You get back to packing, I’ll be heading to work again tomorrow, so text me after Damon picks you up ok? Keep me posted.”

“Will do Delia, good night”

“Night night Laurel” Delia said, already halfway out the door, closing it softly behind her.

Laurel buried her burning face in her hands and made a frustrated growling noise into her palms, hoping Delia was already far enough away to not hear her. 

Losing her family and friends, fine. It hurt but she was learning to cope with it.

She isn’t human, ok fine. Explains why she always felt like an outsider and like she didn’t fit in.

She’s some kind of sex crazed super natural creature no one can figure out. Not ideal, but everyone was working hard to find an answer, this is fine.

Ex boyfriend and current boyfriend are Demons. Fine! I’m not human anyways, so why should her partners.

The world is full of demons, vampires, shifters, Fae and oh there isn’t just one world but several layers of world. OK, she’s adjusting, this is all ok. This is fine. Totally fine.

But now my lusty thoughts are translated into a wave of magic that can affect people on the other side of a mansion? She inadvertently forced arousal on her friend? This was less fine, this was embarrassing, and something she wasn’t sure if she would ever be able to control. If she couldn’t control this somehow, how would she ever live near people again? She would have to move out, deep into the woods and live like a hermit. 

She didn’t want to do that, she liked having sushi delivery far too much to ever go off grid like that. Laurel realised she was going to have to talk with Damon about this as soon as possible. She knew his apartment was on the top floor of the building, but what about the floors below, was there anyone living there that would be affected by her magic?

With a resigned sigh Laurel picked up her phone and sent another message to Damon. Can you come over please? We need to talk.