2:19 Laurel

"What do you mean carry us and Laurel rides?" my sweet Sky questioned Auris, looking unimpressed with the suggestion.

"Laurel rides, as she did earlier. You and Brydel I will carry in my claws." Auris looked smug, he knew this would save us weeks of travel, and be safer, and as a bonus for him it would be very undignified for my mates. Even though me riding him like a horse was also undignified for the dragon, he only tolerated it as my pet.

I knew I had a lot of male ego to balance here, so I tried to choose my words carefully, placing a hand on Sky's arm trying to soothe him,"The mountains and way ahead of us is dangerous, it would be better to get to the capital as soon as possible wouldn't it?" I kept my voice gentle.

"I'm not above being carried by a dragon if it means Laurel is safe, and we maybe get to sleep in real beds tonight. It's been an awful long time since I had a night in a bed." Brydel added, with a shrug. Trying to act nonchalant, but I could feel his strong desire for a comfort through our bond.

Sky grunted and crossed his arms over his chest. "I do not like this. But keeping Laurel safe is paramount, and reaching our next destination as quickly as possible is in our best interests." finishing with a very unsatisfied little grunt. It almost seemed as though Sky was maybe uncomfortable with flying as an idea.

"So we all agree? Auris will take us to the city?" I looked each of my men in the eye, waiting for them to nod their agreement. I nodded back in turn, "Ok, let's finish packing up, and get going then. Auris do you need to go eat or something to have enough strength?"

"Mistress as always is very thoughtful, I will go and grab a snack while you pack up camp. Be back in a moment" without warning he stripped out of the low slung pants he had been wearing, before effortlessly shifting to his dragon form and taking flight to hunt. Watching as the air around him rippled with magic, and the sickening sound of his bones and joints popping as his body rearranged itself and grew massively in size. I did not think I would ever get used to watching the shift. Dragons were huge, like a house when the shift finished.

Sky and Brydel worked well together packing up the camp, both refusing to let me help and insisting I sit back and maintain my strength. Even though I could recharge myself easily with their help at any time. Ok, I was currently still a little sore, but I would recover quickly and then be ready to recharge with them. But men like to feel useful, so I would give them this, especially since I was going to be putting all three of them in an awkward position while we flew the rest of the way.

I knew Auris did not want to carry everyone, did not want to be used like a common mule. He was doing it to help me, and I felt like Sky was certainly not a fan of heights by the tight uneasy feeling I could feel radiating from him, or maybe something else was bothering him. Brydel in contrast was a bundle of joy. From the top of his head to his toes he radiated joy in his new freedom. Joy and love in our bond. Joy in being part of a group of people with no demons in control. I watched him as he worked, occasionally reaching towards his neck and smiling when he found no collar. The pleasure he felt touching my mark on his shoulder. He took joy in almost every moment. A constant bright light against all my doubts.

Our camp was nearly packed up when Auris came towards me, eyes towards the ground, a nervous energy emanating from him so strongly that no bond was needed to tell his feelings. "Mistress? May I speak with you?" I nodded, and followed him as he led me a little ways away from where Sky and Brydel were working. "Mistress, when we get to the city, can we, I mean can I..." he paused, taking a steadying breath before he continued, "Could I not be pet in front of others; Strangers?" he finished quickly, the words running together, eyes darting back and forth as he searched my face for my reaction to his request.