26

She looked closer as they walked down the hallway back towards the main entrance, each painting or sculpture she passed by was the work of a master, she couldn't wait for things to settle down so she could look around his place with more care. It was like a living museum, and she thought she would be able to learn more about her lovers history from what he had chosen to keep with him through the years.

Exiting from the elevator into his private parking garage she noticed that there were a lot of cars around. "Are all of these cars yours?" she asked when she realised this was his private parking garage and no one else had access.

"Yes, I like to collect them, why?"

"There must be a fortune's worth of cars in here!" Laurel exclaimed, she didn't know much about cars specifically, but from the various styles she could see, she knew this was an above average car collection.

"There is, and I have already added you to the insurance plan for all of them, you could drive any one you wish." he oozed confidence and surety, liquid seduction.

"Really? She looked around, and even saw her small practical old well used car nestled into a parking space."

"Of course, what's mine is yours now." and forever he thought quietly to himself. "Some of these are cars used for my various business ventures, but the majority are indeed for my personal use, I had your car moved here as well in case you wanted something familiar. Today though, I think this will suffice" leading her to the familiar black SUV they had travelled in together already.

"I do like the leather seats" She smiled as she crawled up into the passenger seat as they headed towards Club Red.

Damon's office was on the third floor of the building, above the public parts of the club, the stairwell hidden behind the upstairs bar. He led her up the stairs and unlocked the door to his office, before checking the communication box next to the door, several envelopes and papers were waiting for his attention in the box so he took those inside and laid them on his desk. The furnishings were very similar to his home office, but with more touches of red to match the general decor of the club itself.

Laurel made herself comfortable on a red sofa, replying to a couple messages from Delia regarding the recent dream invasion, while Damon sat at the large dark wooden desk to check the correspondence he had picked up by the door. There was one piece which stood out from the rest. It was folded parchment paper sealed with a blood red blob of wax with a stylized H embossed in the seal, he recognised the flowers around the H as hyacinth and baby's breath, giving him a solid clue where this note came from.

Damon opened his desk drawer to remove a rarely used pen knife, he lifted the seal expertly from the parchment without tearing it, and unfolded the letter.

Dearest Damon

I do hope this message finds you well. There has been an incident at home and all fae currently residing in the mortal realm have been called to return at once until the situation is resolved or no longer a threat.

William and I have already left and will be unable to meet our performance schedule for the foreseeable future.

We regret and inconvenience or hardship this may cause you and your business, but we must respect the wishes of our court.

We are hopeful that this matter will be swiftly tended and we will be able to return to our business arrangement within a fortnight. Should our business draw longer, we will attempt to send a missive informing you, however communication is not guaranteed to be possible.

Signed with care

Hyacinth

"Looks like we wont be able to speak to Hyacinth and William afterall" Damon said aloud, passing the note to Laurel so she could read it herself.