28

The next morning was a whirlwind, Damon had once again enlisted some men to move the luggage from the penthouse down to the garage via the service elevator so they wouldn't need to make multiple trips. Laurel and Damon were a picture of domestic bliss as they woke up, shared the large bathroom while getting ready before working in tandem to make a light breakfast before following their luggage downstairs.

There was a hired car waiting to take them to the airport and Damon's private plane, the luggage had been taken in a separate vehicle by the hired help along with the supplies they were taking. Everything expertly arranged. All Damon and Laurel had to do was sit in the car, as they were ferried away from their troubles.

Laurel had never flown in a private plane and was thrilled to use the VIP entrance to the airport, bypassing the public areas. She also enjoyed a private and swift security screening before being ushered to the tarmac and the waiting plane. Even though it was barely 10am the flight attendant still offered Laurel her choice of beverages and snacks, including alcohol. Laurel asked for two glasses of champagne so her and Damon could cheers to their vacation as they took off.

"Cheers to sunshine and vacation!" She said cheerfully as she passed the delicate flute of bubbly to Damon.

"Cheers to you Laurel" he smiled as their glasses clinked together. "Are you nervous about flying?" Damon asked, setting his drink down to hold her hand.

"Um no? I don't think so. I've only flown a handful of times, and never very far, this will be my longest plane trip. And first time going somewhere tropical." She was adorable in her soft pants and easy tshirt, practically vibrating with excitement in her chair.

"Glad I can have the pleasure of experiencing a first with you" he used his finger to gently tilt her face towards him so he could softly kiss her lips. Lips he was confident he would never grow tired of kissing if it was with her. He hoped Delia would somehow make some progress on figuring out what kind of creature Laurel was. He needed to find out soon if she was truly immortal like himself, or what her expected lifespan could be. If she was doomed to a short life he would need to start making arrangements to prevent her from ageing and dying on him. He wanted an eternity with her, and even that might not be enough time.

Thankfully Laurel was too busy watching the bustle of the airport tarmac to have noticed that he had drifted away on his own thoughts. He shook his head and returned to focusing on her. The captain's voice came over the speaker system, letting them know that the ground crew were finishing up loading and refueling the plane and as soon as air traffic control gave the go ahead they would take off. The doors closed firmly, and the flight attendant took her hidden seat up near the cockpit. The plane began to slowly taxi away from the gate towards the runway. There was a brief pause once the plane was lined up on the take off strip, before Laurel and Damon were pushed deeper into their seats as the plane quickly accelerated.

Laurel frantically reached for Damon's hand as the wheels bumped several times as the plane approached the point of take off. Damon took her small hand inside his own much larger hand, and squeezed to reassure her. He wasn't worried, if anything went wrong on the flight he would just teleport the two of them to safety. Losing the pilot, copilot and flight attendant would be tragic, but he was only one demon and could only do so much in a crisis.

The plane was angled steeply as it climbed higher and higher into the sky. Once it had leveled out and everything was smooth again, Laurel released Damon's hand and was glued to the window, watching as the city shrank behind them and the clouds grew closer.

"It's so beautiful up here" Laurel said, her face pressed to the small window.

"You're beautiful Laurel" he whispered in her ear before nipping her earlobe with his teeth making her shiver. He could feel her skin flush as she blushed.