2:06 Morose

"I'm not hungry, and we need to discuss some stuff." She still looked weak and less full of life, but there was a new resolve in her eyes, I liked the fire I could see in her as she started to take control of her situation. "I need to get back where I came from as soon as possible. The unicorn won't help me unless I destroy the best tool I have of getting back to Damon quickly." I nodded to encourage her to keep going. "I have something else, If I tell you about it... can you tell me if the unicorn is ok with it? Like how you knew stuff in the forest?" she was nibbling on her lower lip, anxiously. I was stuck by the urge to take that same lip in my teeth, to taste her like she was tasting herself.

I had never had such thoughts before, I shook my head to clear it. "Yes, she is listening now to everything we are saying, she will let me know if she has something to say." I felt my Lady acenting her approval of my explanation. I thought I could detect a touch of curiosity as well, but it was so fleeting I couldn't be sure. She did like to guard her thoughts carefully.

"Ok. So. I have this card in my bag" she pointed to the incredibly small pouch attached to a belt at her hip."A succubus gave it to me, and said she um, shit I forget, she pledged herself to me if I ever needed her, or something similar to that. Anyways, yes she said if I needed her, I could summon or call her with this. Can I try and contact her? Maybe she could just get me home right away?"

Immediately I felt my Lady's response to that and passed it on "She says no demons can enter here, the realm has been sealed. The fact that you made it in is surprising enough." I watched the defeat wash over Laurel's face realizing she wasn't going to be getting a quick rescue. I felt the brush of my Lady and relayed her message again "While the realm is sealed, the demon won't be able to physically manifest here, but might be able to communicate with you. Since she is certain a summoned succubus won't be able to manifest here in their true form, you may try to pass a message to your friends." I was surprised she was being so accommodating. Then wondered what she knew that she wasn't telling me. Unicorns were such fickle creatures.

The hope that flashed on her face made my heart hurt, she beamed a smile as bright as all three suns" I can! Tell her thank you! And umm, don't laugh at me, I've never tried the card. I don't even know if it will work" she fished a small rectangle of thick rosey colored paper and blushed while she kissed the paper. I noticed the smallest hint of magic in the air, but the real magic was how Laurel's eyes went wide with surprise, the gold color sparkling in wonder. Whatever was written on the card had her blushing even harder. "Um. I am going to need some privacy for this." Her cheeks burning more red than the apples in the trees in forest.

I couldn't feel the unicorn objecting in my mind. So I shrugged my shoulders. "There is a bedchamber at the back, it has its own door." I walked to the back of my cabin, and indicated to the door hidden under the ladder to the loft space. She was still blushing and I wondered what was on that card.

We were both going to need to eat, and wanted to make sure we had enough firewood if she wanted a bath later. I let her know I was going to go and split wood. I heard a nervous ok from her, the sound of the strange "zipper" she had called it, holding her garment together and then the sound of her hopping around the room. I had no idea what she was doing there, but she asked for privacy so I was going to respect her wishes.

I grabbed my axe from the stand near the door, and headed out to the woodpile, dropping my tunic on a bench as I passed by it. The sun was still high in the sky and splitting wood was tiring work.

After a steady quarter of an hour splitting wood I took a break. Wiping the sweat from my brow, noticing the light sheen to my skin under the warm sun. I strode towards the wooden water pump Oakwood had designed to draw water from a deep mountain spring, ensuring cool fresh water for us, me, all the time. I was savoring the crisp taste of the pristine spring water when I heard something that sounded like Laurel in distress coming from the cabin.