2:14 Laurel

He spoke, voice sad "Only once."

Bingo, I start imagining the most likely scenario, he took his shot at someone, probably a dragon since he could have compelled anyone else...except me. I had no idea why, but at this point I wasn't going to complain or question any advantage I found myself with.

I softened my facial expression, dreamy eyes, thinking of fluffy kittens and how lovely chocolate and red wine tasted in a hot bubble bath so there was a genuine positive look to my face. A gentle smile. I walked closer to him, only looking at his face, making sure he knew I didn't care how good his body looked right now. I already had two perfect men committed to me, I had no wants. What I was doing now, I was doing because I could. Not because I needed it. He had used women for what must have been centuries. I would use him and I would not feel bad about my actions. I had to get back to Sky and then to Damon. Any way I could.

I laid my palm on his cheek and he nuzzled into it like the kittens from my head. "Someone hurt you didn't they." my voice a gentle breathy whisper right next to his ear. I didn't like manipulating someone like this, he started it by kidnapping me. He wanted this. His sad eyes almost made me feel guilty, but I suppressed that feeling and put it in a box for later. Our eyes remained locked, he nodded into my hand, unable to say the words.

Weak, weak man. I had seen no sign of his dragon since he shifted. I wondered what he thought of the man he was tied to. Hopefully the dragon within wouldn't get cross at me and come out just to kill me while I did this. "Tell me about her" I hoped I guessed right, Sky said dragons were pretty fluid about partners and mates. I had to be right, and I need to move this along, ridiculously quickly. My life as I knew it was slipping away from me every day I spent away from it. I could feel it, how I was getting close to a point where going back might not be possible. The more time I spent with the dragon the more the feeling of something irrevocable happening felt stronger. I had to get back to Sky and away from the feeling of being trapped forever in this cave as soon as possible and I could only think of one way I could do it.

I just had to dominate a dragon.

I looked into his eyes, trying to maintain a schooled face of kindness and compassion as he spoke, "My name is, Auris Basalt;" he told me how he had made a mess when he was foolishly young. After being raised spoiled, isolated and coddled. Until he attained his gift, control over all elements at once. Almost overnight he was paraded around the Dragon kingdom, displayed like a show pony it sounded like to me. He wanted for nothing, was trained in his talents by the greatest masters in each element. It was rare for a dragon to have all elements in their domain. Most had one, fire obviously. Some two, but to wield all was spectacular. He was taken in by the royal family and introduced to all the powerful, ancient, master dragons, and their families, but more importantly all their daughters. Each house and group hoping to advance themselves.

He reached way too high on a princess who was at least seven centuries older than he was, and was rejected, publicly, and shamed. Humiliated, he fled here and has been hiding ever since. I thought back to what he said of there being thousands before me. Hiding away from his life, society, and everyone else in this cave. Coward.

"How long have you been here." It was the only detail he had really glossed over while spilling his life story to me.

"I don't know." He said, averting my gaze for the first time since this new game started. I knew it for a lie instantly.

I slid my hand down his cheek, running a finger along his jaw, down his throat to his clavicle. Tracing the lines of his perfectly sculpted body. Treating his body like the art it was and praising the sculpture for their talent. Next my finger traced down his sternum, I could almost sense his heart beat and the rush of blood under his skin as I continued my path downwards, laying my palm flat, splaying my fingers like a starfish as I smoothed my hand down his granite hard washboard abs. Smiling as my hand was tickled following the well manicured trail of hair stopping before I got to any truly exciting part of his body, my hand gliding to a halt.