31

I'm so lost. Oh god why did I want to go diving, why was I drawn to this place. Fuck fuck fuck. Dying at the bottom of a sea cave is not how I wanted to go. She carefully and slowly followed the wall of the sea cave, taking great pains to not disturb the silt and screw herself even more. The pressure in her head and pounding in her ears was making her feel even more disoriented. She felt a little better if she was moving in this direction though, so that's what she did. 

She could hear Damon in her ears as well, but his voice seemed to be getting fainter and it was harder to pay attention to him. "Laurel I know you're scared, it's going to be ok. I'm going to find you, I'll always find you." she heard the desperation in his voice, he was worried for her. Suddenly the cave opened up into a wider chamber, the silt had settled and her head lamp was able to illuminate the space easily. There were strange carvings or etchings or patterns all over the walls, ceiling and floor. The noise in Laurel's ears stopped, the pressure in her head went away and everything seemed clearer. There was a design on the wall in front of her, it was complicated, looking almost like a strange abstract bird.

"Damon, the noise stopped," She paused and started to trace the pattern on the wall with her fingers, it felt strangely warm under her finger. Once she started tracing the design, she couldn't stop, she felt like something was pulling her, making her complete the pattern. She watched as her finger traced the pattern over and over again. She couldn't stop herself, couldn't speak. She wanted to tell Damon what was happening to her, but when she opened her mouth she could only get out a single word before everything went dark and quiet as Laurel was pulled under.

END OF PART I