2:04 Morose

At the center of the basin was a perfect ring of violets, blue flag irises, and forget me knots. Lying on her side in the center of the ring was someone who made my heart stop. Long, straight white blonde hair, no, not white blonde it was the color of the stars as they sparkled in the midnight sky was splayed out behind the most beautifully curving body I had ever seen, below or above. She looked naked from where I stood, her skin was almost entirely black, but there were swirling lines of white highlighting the flowing lines of her body from her dainty shoulders, down her spine, accentuating her narrow waist, the swell of her hips and behind before cascading down her legs in a hypnotising pattern. She seemed to have long almost fish fin like feet, which was strange, but maybe she was a water Fae?

She didn't stir as I walked closer and I didn't feel any new magic from her. The powerful residue continued to fade. Her breathing was slow and even, she didn't seem to be aware of me at all, even though I was almost upon her now. Clearly whoever this was, she was not used to being on her own or being on the defensive.

I stopped in my tracks, or maybe she was so powerful that she didn't need to be defensive and could end any threat instantly. I tried to probe towards the unicorn for guidance, but like every other time I had tried to ask for help, she was not going to listen to requests. He couldn't see the woman's face yet, and her frame was so small that he honestly wasn't sure if this was an adult or just a youth. Complicating his already erratic thoughts.

What if this was a lost child? Thrown here by some errant spell, and now shocked and knocked unconscious they are unable to get themselves home, they are scared and want their parents and home. Or is this a short statured demon lady who would strip his skin from his bones for waking her before she was ready?

As I drew near, I realized what I had thought was skin from a distance was actually some kind of fabric or leather clinging over whomever was in front of me like a second skin, and the flippers, seemed to be the oddest shoes I had ever seen before. The shape of her body seemed to imply this was an adult, but I didn't want to jump to conclusions, appearances were not always as they seemed.

I tried to rouse the woman, by saying hello, but she didn't move a muscle when I spoke. I walked around to see her face, it was partially obscured by her hair. I knelt down, and carefully tried to lift the locks off her face so I could see her. As my finger brushed her cheek while trying to lift her hair to get a look at her, I felt a spark travel from where our skin had made contact and traveled up my arm. She must have felt it too, as her eyes winced and she started to stir.

She rolled onto her stomach before using her arms to push herself up, twisting to sit back on her knees. She flipped her long straight hair back over her shoulders before turning to look at me with beautiful golden eyes. Her lips were full with a plump bottom lip, her skin was soft ivory, I couldn't find any words to say to her and just stood there, finding it hard to breathe as I awkwardly stared at her.

She looked confused as she turned her gaze around, taking in her surroundings, I watched as her eyes darted from one sun, to the next and the last, her eyes getting wider each time she realized there was another sun, since I hadn't moved or said anything she must have concluded I didn't mean her any harm, yet as she returned her gaze to me.

"Who are you? Where am I?" She asked in a soft melodic voice, the gentle tone made my heart do funny things in my chest that I didn't understand. I was pleased that we at least seemed to speak the same language.

"My name is... Sky" I lied, or more accurately I decided to finally change my name from Morose, to what had previously been the most beautiful thing I had ever seen. I didn't want to be Morose to her, I didn't know why suddenly I wanted a new name. "You are currently in the territory of my Lady Amalthea, a unicorn, in the last territory before the corruption." I explained where she was as asked.