Heart Make and Heart Break

Ross's P.O.V.

I realised that Kat and Ratliff weren't with us so I looked around the restaurant and saw them still standing at our table. I thought they'd walk over right away but they just stood there talking. Kat's face even got a little red. Was there something going on between them? No. There couldn't be. She's not interested in any of us.

God they're still over there. "Hey mom, I'm gonna go see what's taking Kat and El so long," I said to my mom before I started walking over to them.

"Yeah. Unless you were just kidding then, uh, this just got awkward." Ratliff said awkwardly.
"Haha. No I wasn't kidding." What was Kat talking about?
"Then I'd love to go on a date with you tonight," and with those few words my heart broke. I saw her lean in and whisper something in his ear. I couldn't let them know I'd heard their conversation.

"What's happening here guys? Are we going?" I asked using my best acting skills to hide how hurt I was.
"Sorry I was just asking El something," Fuck yeah you were. YOU ASKED HIM OUT!!!!!
"About?" This was so freakin hard. I saw her face freeze up with no answer. Just then Ratliff spoke for her.
"Just a TV show we both watch. She's not up to date and she wanted me to give her some spoilers,"
Great fucking lie, I thought you were my friend.

"Heh heh, ok. But we have to go now so can these spoilers wait?" I said looking at Kat.
"If they have to," she was good. She honestly sounded upset about these 'spoilers'. We all joined the rest of my family and headed back to the hotel to relax for the afternoon. But there was no freakin way I'd be able to relax with what I just heard.

I decided to go to the hotel gym to try and work off some of this anger.

Ratliff's P.O.V.

We had all just finished lunch and were leaving the restaurant when I noticed Kat was still standing at the table. She looked so deep in thought. It was so cute.
"You ok Kat?" I decided to check and see if she was ok.
"Wha, oh, yeah. Sorry I guess I just got lost in thought. Heh," she still looked distracted by something.
"You ah, you looked kinda out of it," I was trying to get her to tell me what was on her mind.
"Is there anything I can do to help you or something?" Oh god. I hope she doesn't confess to me she likes one of the lynches. That would hurt.

I get so sick of almost every single girl preferring a lynch to me, just because of #rydellington. It's not real, I kinda wish it was but Del wouldn't like me and I'm in the band with her and her brothers. It's not the smartest thing to do.

"Uh, actually, there is something you can do," she said finally snapping out of her daze.
"Sure, what is it?" I asked hoping it wasn't anything to do with a 'lynch hottie'
"Would you like to maybe, um, go out with me tonight?" She was so quiet I could barely hear her.
"Like a date?" I asked. I was getting kinda excited. Maybe for once I was getting chosen first.
"Yeah, like a.. like a date,"
"Sure," I realise I said that too quickly.
"Really," she sounded a little shocked.
"Yeah. Unless you were just kidding then, uh, this just got awkward." I felt like I had to say this. It's happened before.
"Haha. No I wasn't kidding."
"Then I'd love to go on a date with you tonight,"

She leaned up and whispered into my ear, "We'll talk later. When we're alone," before she walked passed me heading to Ross who was walking over to us.

"What's happening here guys? Are we going?" Ross asked as he reached us.
"Sorry, just asking El something," she said. I saw Ross' face contort a little. For a second I could swear he was pissed off.
"About?" Ross asked.
I looked over and saw Kat go a little red and I could tell she didn't want anyone to know what had just happened between the two of us.
"Just a TV show we both watch. She's not up to date and she wanted me to give her some spoilers," her face relaxed after that.

"Heh heh, ok. But we have to go now, so can those spoilers wait?" Kat hadn't known Ross as long as I had and she couldn't tell he was being a little passive aggressive right now. I knew he liked her, well all of them do. But they can suck it cause I got the girl. Boo ya!

"If they have to," she was a good little actress. She actually sounded upset about the spoilers. I followed them out and back to the hotel. Stormie suggested we all just relax and enjoy the afternoon together. But Ross said he'd rather go do something on his own.