Starving & Silly Nicknames

*Rumble rumble*
"Was that yours or mine?" Ross asked me as we were waiting in the airport.
"That was my stomach. I'm starving."
"C'mon lets go grab some food," he said standing up and taking my hand. We walked until we found the fast food area of the airport. I got some KFC while Ross just stuck with simple Macca's (in Australia we call McDonald's Macca's). I scarfed my food down, I was so hungry. Ross hadn't even finished his burger when I threw my rubbish away. He laughed at how fast I had finished.

"What?" I asked coming back and joining him at the table.
"Just how hungry you were. You practically swallowed that whole."
"I bet it didn't look very attractive, huh?"
"Are you kidding? You were so cute. Not caring what anyone thought as you stuffed your face with fries. Haha." I rolled my eyes at him and stole a few of his chips. (I'm trying to keep the Aussie's, Aussie and the Americans, American. There are some differences. Lol).

Rydel and El were walking past us, so I called out to them to join us.
"Hey guys. What're you up to?" I asked as they sat down.
"Just walking around having a look, grabbing some food." El said as they sat down.
"Are you getting something to eat Kat?" Delly asked me while looking at Ross' food.
"I already ate." I blushed.
"Wow. Faster than Ross. You must've been hungry," Ratliff laughed.
We all sat there for a little while laughing, joking around and eating, until El and Rydel decided to go walk around again.

After a few minutes of comfortable silence Ross asked me, "Are you happy?"
"What?" I didn't know what he meant.
"Are you happy? Y'know, coming to California with us, being with me? Are you happy?"
He's such a sweetheart.
"I am Ross. I've actually never felt this way with a guy before," I reached across and held his hand.
"Really?" he seemed kinda shocked at that.
"Is that so hard to believe?"
"Kinda, yeah. I mean, you're so gorgeous and talented, smart and kind. I don't know how you wouldn't have had heaps of guys trying to make you feel like a princess,"

"I have had boyfriends before. But none of them were anything special."
"And I am?" He pointed at himself.
"Well, I know it's still kinda early and all. But yeah. You get me. You're so sweet to me, and you've done all this for me. I don't know ANY other guy that would do this just to get a girl to give them another chance."
"I'm not any other guy then, am I?" He chuckled.
"No, you're special Mr Lynch."
He leaned over the table and kissed me.

"We better get back to the gate. Our flight will be taking off soon." I said pulling away.
"Heh, yeah. C'mon Puppy."
"Puppy??"
"Well, uh. You're name's Kat and it's cliche to call you Kitty. So I thought Puppy was a little more original."
"That's so cute Ross. And I do like dogs more."
"Good. Then Puppy it is," he kissed me on the cheek then started pulling me towards our gate.