Christmas Shopping

I can't believe how amazing my life had gotten. I'm dating THE Ross Lynch, I've helped his siblings get girlfriends/boyfriend, I went to disneyland for my 17th birthday and I'm spending Christmas with my boyfriend and his family in California. I honestly couldn't imagine anything more amazing.

Wait! Christmas is in less than 3 weeks and Ross birthday just after that. I haven't gotten anyone anything and I'm usually really ahead on my Christmas shopping. It's the first Christmas I'm going to be away from my family. Ben had to go home a few days before we found out Sara was lying to us. That was probably the only bad thing that was happening to me right now. He was missing Mum, Dad, Jason and Charlie. Also he'd gotten into university back home and wanted to get everything sorted out with that. I had no clue what to get everyone for Christmas though.

I was eating cereal at the kitchen table when Del walked into the kitchen.
"Hey, what're you doing up so early? Well, early for you," she giggled.
"I remembered that Christmas wasn't too far off and I couldn't sleep knowing I hadn't gotten everyone a present yet." I said shoving another spoonful of rice krispies in my mouth. It's so weird how america calls them that, back home they're 'rice bubbles'.
"Kat?" Del said waving her hands in front of me.
"Huh?"
"You were gone for a minute there." She smiled.
"Sorry. Just thinking about the differences between here and home."
"Oh. Hahaha. So why can't you sleep knowing you haven't gotten everyone a gift yet?" She asked.
"I've always gotten my pressies way ahead of time. and when I don't I freak out and think I'm not going to be able to get anything"
"Pressies?" Rydel tried to copy my accent.
"Presents, gifts. Sorry, Aussie slang."
"It's cute. So what're you doing today?"
"Mwufffin," I said with a full mouth.
"Haha, do you wanna go shopping today then. We can get new clothes and some Christmas 'pressies'." I laughed at her attempts to talk with an Australian accent.
"That sounds like heaps of fun. When do you wanna head out?" I asked finishing off my cereal.
"Do you wanna go once I've finished my breakfast?"
"Sounds good. I'll go and get dressed to go out."
"Cool. I'm good, so once you're dressed and I'm finished eating we'll go."

I ran up to Ross and Ryland's room to find Ryland still passed out, half hanging off the bed, and Ross playing his phone.
"Hey. What're you doing up?" He asked trying to be quiet.
"I'm just getting dressed to go out shopping with Rydel today."
"You're leaving me? For an entire day?" He gave me the puppy dog face, pushing his bottom lip out.
"So you don't want Christmas and birthday presents?" He jumped up and almost fell out of bed when I said that.
"Ok. I forgive you," he said pulling himself up from the end of his bed.
I went through my suitcase and found a white singlet (tank top) with a loose red crop top to go over it. Yellow jeans that I'd bought when I was out with Ross one day, my blue hightop converse and blue leather jacket since it was winter. (http://www.polyvore.com/m/set?.embedder=14697250&.svc=pinterest&id=159059349).

"You look like you have a little obsession with superman." Ross said as I was checking myself out in the mirror.
"What're you talking about?" I asked.
"The colours? They're all superman colours. It goes well with your smallville necklace," he said pointing at the 'Lana Lang' necklace my Mum gave me for Christmas a few years ago. (Chapter pic is necklace).

"I didn't even realise," I said laughing at my wardrobe choice. "I guess it's a sub-conscience love for that muscly alien," I faked getting starry-eyed.
"Come back down to earth, where your boyfriend lives." Ross said, snaking his arms around my waist.
"You know I'm kidding. You're all the superman I need." I leaned up and kissed him on the lips. "Now I gotta go. By now Del would've finished eating and I want to get your presents." I wriggled my way out of his arms and headed for the door.
"Have fun." I heard him say as I raced down the stairs.

"You ready?" I asked walking into the kitchen. Del was at the sink, washing off her bowl.
"Yep, are you?" She asked turning around. "Wow, Superman much?" She laughed. Was it that obvious?
"I didn't realise 'til Ross pointed it out to me." I looked down at what I was wearing. "Should I go change?"
"No no. It suits you."
"K. Now let's go and get some shopping done." I rubbed my hands together like movie villain.
"You're funny. Now let's go," I followed Rydel out to her car 'chubbs' and hopped in.

On the way there we rocked out to a little Katy Perry, it only took us about 15 minutes to get to the shops (mall).
"Where do you wanna go first?" Del asked as we enters the complex.
"Not a clue. I'll just follow you around 'til I see somewhere I want to go," I answered.
"Ok. To the clothes!" She said pulling me behind her.

~2 hours later~

"Are you hungry?" Rydel asked pulling me from my thoughts.
"Huh, oh yeah starving. Let's go grab some food."
By now I'd gotten presents for a few people. I'd managed to find a football of my favourite NRL team from back in Australia for Ryland, since he got me a football I was gonna get him one too.
I found my favourite Nickelback album to give to Rocky since he's into so many other bands, I thought I'd try and get him into Nickelback.
I also somehow managed to find a jar of Vegemite,which I bought for Ratliff, and Mark and Stormie. I also found an 'Adventure Time' 'ice king' plushie for Ratliff, since he likes weird things I thought I'd try and get him into 'Adventure Time'.
I found some 'Iron Man' men's underwear and some 'Superman' men's underwear for Riker. I got his favourite superhero plus my favourite just to be cheeky. I snuck into a jewellery store when Rydel was preoccupied with something, I think she was buy condoms. I found matching necklaces that read, when put together; Sistas 4 Life. I bought them for Rydel since both of us don't actually have a sister and she's the closest thing I've ever had to one.
Now I had to find something for Ross.

I had no clue what to get Ross. How do I find the perfect gift for the guy who took me to Disneyland for my birthday? I know he would like sex but I have to get something else. But what? Ooh, I have an idea. I took Del into the jewellery store and talked to the the jeweller. I had arranged to get two rings made, one says 'To Infinity' and the other says 'And Beyond'. I know, more Disney, but it just feels like the right thing for us. I also wanted to get a scrapbook made of a few of the pictures we had taken at Disneyland plus some other nice photos we've taken.

"So have you got all your gifts yet?" Del asked as I was picking up the finished scrapbook album from the store clerk.
"I think so. At least I've gotten everyone something for now."
"You really like Christmas don't you?"
"Christmas and Halloween are my favourite holidays." I said getting excited.
"Halloween?" She asked surprised.
"Even though we don't really celebrate it in Australia, I use it as an excuse to get the TV to myself and watch 'The Nightmare Before Christmas' and horror films." I explained.
"I thought you didn't like horror movies?" Del seemed confused.

"What would make you think that?"
"Ross told me about when you guys watched 'Saw', you were freaking out and burying your face into his chest."
"Oh, haha. That. I hadn't seen 'Saw' before, and it was grosser than I thought. Also Ross seemed a little freaked out too, so I played it up a little to try and make him feel better comforting me."
"You cheeky little trickster," Del giggled. "So you like horror movies then?"
"I LOVE them. I hardly get scared anymore, unless I'm with Ross," I winked and nudged her in the ribs.
"The things we do for our guys." she said hooking her arm with mine and heading towards the shopping centre exit.