Breakup, Brakedown and Breakthrough

It took most of the last week of our vacation for me to get Kat to agree to give me another chance. It was slow at first. She was shaken after what had happened with Ryland.

*A week earlier *

"Where is he?!" I heard her yell from the hallway. Her we go.
"Ryland!?" After that all I heard was muffled screams. And there was a lot of it. It didn't last long, maybe five minutes then there was a knock on my door.
"Hello?" I answered.
"R-r-ross. I-I... He-he cheated....."
I pulled her in for a hug. She tried to say something again and I just shushed her.
"Come on," I gestured for her to come in.
I guided her into my room and sat her on the bed. She was still crying hard so I just pulled her into me and held her tight.

She was like that for about twenty minutes until the crying subsided. As soon as she calmed down she sat up, wiping her eyes.
"Thank you Ross. You're a good friend."
Greeeaaaaatt. I'm a good friend.
"Look, Kat.."
"Ross. I know. But can you just be my friend right now?"
"For you anything."

She leaned in to give me a hug but when she pulled away she stopped and lingered, staring at me. I don't know what's happening right now. Is she trying to make this romantic, am I thinking about this too much?? Aaahhh!!! She still staring. Wait what am I doing? I'm leaning in to kiss her. 'Ross stop!! You're just friends right now. She needs you to be her friend.' I wasn't listening. I wanted to kiss her so bad. She wasn't moving alway so I took that as a yes.

Our lips met and everything else disappeared. It was just her and I. For a moment everything felt right. Then she pulled away.
"Sorry. I shouldn't have let you do that" she told me.
"No I shouldn't have done that. I just couldn't stop myself. You're perfect. You're smart, funny, talented. And so much more. Kat I love you and I would do anything for this," I motioned between the two of us, "to be real."
"Ross, you slept with some girl all because you thought I asked Ellington out. How do I know that you wouldn't do something like that again?"
"Because now I know you like me back, I trust you and I don't feel like I need anyone else."
"If you really feel that way Ross. You're going to have to prove it."
"I will. Just you wait Jessica Katrina Garland. Just you wait." I said running with enthusiasm out of the room.

I walked back in
"This is my room," I said ashamed.
"Haha. You're such a doofus. I'll see you later. The others will be back soon."
"You came back alone?"
"Yeah. I wanted to get this over and done with while the others weren't around." And with that, she left.

That night I had an amazing idea to prove to her that I'm worth it. I just had to organise a few things first.........