Chapter One - What a Wheeler

April Wheeler is the second child in the Wheeler family, Nancy being the first, April second, Mike third, and Holly fourth. April is in 11th grade with her older sister in 12th grade and her younger brother in 10th grade. April didn't really fit into the perfect picture of the Wheeler family and she didn't mind. She was close to the definition of the 1980s, she wore the styles, she danced to the music, she watched the movies and she even smoked the devil's stuff if you know what I mean... April also didn't look much like a Wheeler. A Wheeler had Dark hair, small and slim. April was a full head of Blonde, it falling all the way to her bum, her eyes blue like the ocean and relatively tall and thin like a model. April was attractive, she knew that her family knew that, her friends knew that and the boys definitely did. April had a close group of friends, Jennifer, Laura, Melissa, and Emily. Jennifer Mayfield, Max's older sister, and Billy's little sister. Jennifer fit the Mayfield look, she had long ginger hair, strong facial features, and a small and lean body. Laura Hardgrove, Laura was the girl next door, small and cute with lovely thick dark hair, she had a few curves that were definitely in the right places yet had the most baby face on anyone you would ever meet. Melissa Baker, Melissa was a bigger girl, not large or so-called 'fat', Melissa was fall and had all the curves, her hair fell in the most perfect curls on a blonde you would ever meet, she was an A* student never making a mistake and was the definition of an extraordinary student. Emily Sinclair, Lucas, and Erikas older sister, Emily looked amazing, her skin like chocolate and her hair always in the most amazing afro that no one could pull off like her, she was tall. Taller than April, possibly even 6ft, she was slim and athletic being Hawkin's high best cross country runner, one of the only 11th-grade students to already have a scholarship at a college lined up. April was the Hawkins 'It' girl. She wasn't popular as she hated that crowd but she was beautiful and fun, probably the best spirit in Hawkins too. Eddie had spent a few extra years at Hawkins High and had spent the last two admiring from afar, Eddie knew a lot about April from her brother Mike. Mike knew Eddie liked her and possibly already fell in love with her and although they were friends and he didn't know if it would work but he knew the way Eddie looked at April, the way he talked about her and the way he looked after her without her even knowing was what Mike thought was best for April. April knew it, all of it the fact that two of the most possible attractive people in Hawkins liked her well... she knew it wouldn't end picture perfect. Steve and Eddie are two different people from worlds apart but both with lives that April would fit into like a puzzle piece.

This lunchtime April sat watching the table of the so-called 'fantasy freaks', everyone knew that if a couple was going to happen it would be April and Eddie, they both watched from afar

This lunchtime April sat watching the table of the so-called 'fantasy freaks', everyone knew that if a couple was going to happen it would be April and Eddie, they both watched from afar. This was also because April couldn't exactly date her sister's ex, Steve, although her sister is now dating Jonathan Byers. Steve and April probably would feel wrong in every way. "You're sister is watching me" Eddie spoke to Mike, Mike's head spun to watch the glance himself. Although April was looking at Eddie she also looked like she was in her own world. "She isn't... she is daydreaming" Mike spoke with a chuckle before he began to eat again. Eddie shook his head with a chuckle before "April" Eddie shouted as he stood up on top of the table, April looked up at him before shaking her head "Hey April" Eddie shouted again causing everyone in the cafeteria to turn and watch them. "April Wheeler" Eddie shouted again causing April to stand from the table she was sitting at "What do you want Eddie?" She asked a confused look glowing in the light. Eddie smirked for a moment before sticking his tongue out and showing his pointer fingers into his hair and an eruption of laughter echoed from his table as he walked along with it, April rolled her eyes and sighed "Very mature Eddie" she said glancing at her brother as he suddenly stopped at his sister look. "What do you actually want?" She spoke her hands coming up and sitting on her hips, "Oh nothing" He spoke as he jumped down from his table and stood at her foot of hers. "I just want to annoy you" He whispered watching as his words left and April's face grew into a smirk.

"Well, in that case, you have done what you wanted" She spoke as she sat back down ignoring the male in front of her. "Not so fast..." He spoke causing both her table and his to turn and stare at the two, they knew what was coming "Then what do you want?" April spoke as she leaned forward onto the table her eyes looking up at his, he blushed ever so slightly before smirking back at her "a date, with me" He spoke pointing at himself "What?" Mike spat out surprised this was happening, as well as it happening right in front of him, "you can't be serious Eddie" April spoke pushing a curl from her face. Eddie shrugged his shoulders "Movie, at my place... we will go to the video store and pick something" his smile growing on his face. April smirked and just nodded, "meet me outside later than" she spoke before leaning up and placing a peck on the edge of his lips before walking out of the cafeteria not only leaving her friends shocked but also her brother and his friends shocked. Eddie walked back to his table and sat down "Well... I have a date... with April... you know... hottest girl in this school" He smirked before picking up his magazine again. "Gross" Mike spoke pushing his lunch tray away from himself. Dustin smirked at Eddie and began to laugh "Maybe we aren't freaks after all if Eddie can get someone like April" He spoke as he leaned back sharing the moment happily, "you do remember April is my sister?!?" He spoke confused at how the fact the woman was sharing his blood was being overlooked within the whole situation.