Chapter Thirty-One - Genius Child.

Holly was sitting playing with her light board when Lucas entered walking to the plug and pulling it out of the wall "Hey!" Holly shouted before Dustin swung past grabbing it and taking it with him "I'm sorry! Sorry, sorry, sorry." Dustin spoke making his way upstairs "For your understanding." Erica spoke giving Holly a box of sweets before following Lucas and Dustin upstairs. They sat in April's bedroom pressing the little led's into the board so the whole thing would become covered which took about 5 minutes to fill in every gap "Okay, that's it. Go, go, go." Dustin shouted to Lucas who grabbed the cable and ran to the wall and plugged it in "Yeah, okay." Lucas replied as he ran back watching as the board lit up "Okay, you guys seeing this?" Dustin spoke as April moved her hand over her bed picking up the light at her fingertips causing the board in front of Dustin to flicker at her movements "Holy shit!" Erica squeaked as Dustin began to laugh loudly wrapping her in an excited hug, April ran her fingers through the light still letting it dance around her hand as she felt Eddie give her arm a soft squeeze causing her to giggle slightly "We're not moving it, but we're gonna unplug it. Stand by. Yank it." Dustin spoke to Lucas as the board went dark "Okay, try it now." Dustin spoke. April felt a kiss land on her shoulder as she glanced at Eddie "Okay. Um... Uh..." April spoke pushing her hand back out and using her fingertip to write an 'H' causing Dustin to laugh with excitement as she wrote an 'I'. Erica giggled softly "Hi!" Erica spoke with the biggest smile on her face "Hi! Hey!" Lucas spoke also grinning at their genius idea "Hi. That worked!" Dustin shouted causing the group in the upside-down to almost screamed with excitement "Yes! Yes! Hi!" Eddie spoke into the board causing April to giggle at him. "Okay. Um... Um..." April spoke as she began to write 'STU' "S... T... U..." Dustin, Erica, and Lucas spoke reading it off the board "Stu..." Dustin spoke "Stupid?" Erica spoke looking at Dustin "Stupid?" Dustin spoke again confused as to why they would say that "...C... K." They all continued to speak "Stuck. Stuck." Dustin and Erica spoke at the same time "Yes." Steve spoke bluntly out of pure tiredness "We are." Robin spoke, "They're stuck in the Upside Down." Lucas spoke finally understanding what they were trying to say "Okay. Uh, you can't get back through Watergate?" Dustin asked confused about how they got in and couldn't get back out "What the hell's Watergate?" Steve asked April confused who just shrugged as she thought "'Cause it's in water and it's a gate." Robin replied back with a Duhhh kind of tone in her voice "Oh." Steve replied, "That's cute." Eddie spoke with a soft chuckle realizing what Dustin meant "Right. Um, no. It's..." April spoke as she started to write again "That a six?" Lucas spoke confused causing Erica to sigh and roll her eyes "'G'?" She spoke. "No, 'G.'" Dustin spoke as they watched it "Yeah." Lucas spoke "U... A... R." They all spoke as the letters were being written "Guar?" Dustin spoke "Guar... Guar..." Dustin continued waiting for the rest of the letters "Guard..." Erica spoke also paying close attention "Guarded." Dustin spoke slightly confused "Guarded?" Lucas repeated "Okay. Uh, Watergate's guarded." Dustin spoke finally getting it "Perfect. Yes. Yes. Yes." Steve spoke with a big grin as he watched April "We think we have a theory that can help with that." Dustin shouted as the group felt a weight being lifted from their shoulders "Yes." Nancy smiled "Genius child." April spoke still looking at the lights "We think Watergate isn't the only gate. That there's a gate at every murder site." Dustin spoke happily "Does anybody understand what he's talking about?" April asked receiving a definite no from everyone, causing her to write a question mark "Okay. Seriously? How many times do I have to be right on the money before you trust me?" Dustin spoke in an annoyed tone. "Jesus Christ. This kid's gotta get his ego in check." Steve spoke in annoyance "It's his tone. Right?" Eddie replied rolling his eyes too as April thought "I know." Steve replied glancing at April "Okay. So... So how far is your trailer baby?" April asked turning to look at Eddie who smiled softly at her "Seven miles." Eddie replied back looking down at her "April? Uh, I know your house here is, like, weirdly, creepily frozen in time and shit, but haven't you always had bikes?" Robin asked causing both April and Nancy to share the same smirk before standing.

"So, anything?" Karen asked as Officer Powell walked out of the room with Max close behind "Nope. She's sticking to her story. They went to the lake for a night swim. Nancy showed up at some point..." Powell spoke to the parents, Max turned seeing Dustin at the bottom of the stair mouthing her "Come on!" He whispered as she started to walk over to him and up the stairs "... the same thing she said here on the couch. Pretty much all she told us. She stuck to her guns." Powell spoke crossing his arms "Honestly, shouldn't have gone with her first. She was, like, kinda mean." Powell's partner spoke with a deep sigh "We'll find your daughter's, Mrs. Wheeler. Don't worry." Powell spoke to Karen "One of these little brats is gonna squeal. I just know it. Where are they?" Powell's Partner asked as the other officer replied "Upstairs. Moping." He spoke deeply watching them "Oh little pigs. Oh, little pigs. Let Officer Callahan in." Powell's partner spoke as he tapped on the door before quickly opening it, seeing the empty bedroom and an open window. He walked over to it as he saw them all on bikes outside "Let's go." Lucas spoke as he rode at the back of the group "Hey! Excuse me! No, get back here!" Powell's partner shouted to them making them go even faster "Let's go! Let's go!" Lucas shouted before Erica leaned down with a knife stabbing the officer's car's wheels "I guess it's just a minor misdemeanor." She spoke as she ran behind them "Hey! No! No!" He continued to shout from the bedroom. All of the parents came bursting out of the house trying to run after the kids "Lucas!" Sue shouted to her son as she was in front of everyone "Dusty! Dusty!" Claudia shouted as she got to the end of the garden "Lucas, Erica! Get back here!" Sue continued to shout after them "Dusty!" Claudia screamed up the road. Both groups currently riding to Eddie's trailer.