Chapter Four - Tick, Tock

April believed everything her brother told her of Hawkins, especially because she had seen El's magic powers. So when April and Eddie met Chrissy in the woods her weird behavior didn't startle her at all. April and Eddie decided to go into the woods by the school and have a smoke, on their way they found Chrissy seeming in a trance at almost nothing. April carried on walking to the benches and sat down beginning to make the joint. "Whoah, hey, hey, hey" Eddie spoke trying to calm Chrissy down, "Sorry" Eddie chuckled holding his hands up causing April to look up at him watching the situation. "Didn't mean to scare you" He spoke glancing at April "Are you okay?" April spoke as she got up and walked over to Eddie and Chrissy. Eddie wrapped his arm around her waist, and they all walked to the table as Eddie began his drug deal as April lit her joint. "There's, uh... there's nothing to worry about. Okay?" April spoke as she grabbed Chrissy's hand in a caring way passing the joint to Eddie to take a pull. "No one ever comes put here, we are safe" Eddie spoke taking a pull with a smirk on his face and pulling April slightly onto his lap "I promise" April spoke letting go of Chrissy's hand. "So, how does this work exactly?" Chrissy asked, "Oh, just like any other old sale, except cash only and uh..." Eddie spoke glancing at April as she grinned "and for obvious reasons, no recites" April spoke as she took the joint back taking a pull, April wasn't mean but she bought this weed with her own money, and as far as she was concerned Chrissy didn't deserve any. "I'll do you a half ounch for, uh.. 20. What do you say?" Eddie spoke pulling the bag out to show her. "Plenty of bang for your buck should last you a while" He added waving it at her slightly. Chrissy gasped at the sound of a squirrel running across the grass. "Uh... we don't have to do this. Just give me the word and we'll walk away" He spoke putting it back inside his bag. As he began to stand with April, taking the joint from her lips and taking another pull. "It's not that. I don't want you guys to go" Chrissy pleased staring up at the couple. April frowned a little as she sat down again. "It's just, do you ever feel like... you're losing your mind?" She asked glancing up at April. "Um... you know on a daily basis?" Eddie spoke as he looked at April who nodded along. "I feel like I'm losing my mind right now doing a drug deal with Chrissy Cunningham" April giggled softly as she took a pull of the joint passed back to her before she killed it. "The Queen of Hawkins high" Eddie added as he frowned. "You know, this isn't the first time that we've, um...hung out" He spoke rubbing his fingers over his rings as he sat down. "No?" Chrissy questioned glancing between the two, "you don't remember?" Eddie asked. "I'm sorry", "That's okay" He spoke as he wrapped his arms around April and threw themselves off the bench backward Chrissy squeaked at the sudden movement before both April and Eddie laughed and stood up. April leaning against the bench as she watched, "I wouldn't remember me either Chrissy, honestly, do I have stuff in my hair?" He quickly asked April "No baby" April answered with a sweet smile as she brushed the dirt and leaves of her poncho.

"You don't remember me?" Eddie chuckled with a wide smile causing Chrissy to begin to laugh too. "I'm sorry" she began to laugh leaning forward on the bench "Middle school, talent show you were doing this cheer thing with my little lady over here. You know, the... the thing you do" He spoke waving his arms about like he had pom-poms. April giggled softly watching him "it was pretty cool actually" He smiled "and I... I was with my band" He spoke as he crossed his arms. April smirked knowing exactly what he was talking about. "Corroded coffin" Chrissy spat out with a giggle "Corro- you do remember" He spoke as he clapped his hand together and spun around "Oh my god, yes of course" Chrissy smiles watching Eddies every move, April sighed softly watching Chrissy, feeling the air fill with attraction from her. She clear her throat as Eddie walked back overlaying a soft kiss to her lips as she smirked toward Chrissy "with a name like that, how could I forget?" Chrissy spoke her smile drooped a little at the couple. "I dunno, you're a freak" Eddie chuckled. "No you just look so" Chrissy spoke, "different?" Eddie smirked as he nodded his arm laying on April's shoulder "Yeah, well uh... my hair was buzzed, and I didn't have these sweet tatties yet" He spoke. "You played guitar right?" Chrissy spoke, Eddie nodded "uh-huh... still do. Still do. You should come to see us, uh we play at the hideout on Tuesdays. It's pretty cool" He spoke as April nodded "they even have a crowd of about 5 drunks but it's still a crowd," April said with a smile as the group laughed. "Its not exactly the garden, but you gotta start somewhere right? So..." Eddie said holding April close to him, enjoying her compliments and the affection they shared. "You know, you're not what I thought you would be like... well both of you aren't what I thought" Chrissy spoke watching them "I'm mean and scary and April is under my spell?" He chuckled as April grinned "no spell" she added. "Yeah," Chrissy said as she shrugged with slight embarrassment. "Yeah, well, I kinda thought you'd be mean and scary too" he spoke as he leaned on the table "me?!" Chrissy said in shock. April nodded as Eddie spoke "terrifying. Uh, so... in other good news flattery works with me so" He added as he played his bag onto the table again "twenty-five percent discount for the half, fifteen bucks" He said placing it onto the table, "robbing us blind here, you know" April teased as she spoke. Chrissy paused for a second as she took a deep breath "do you have anything... maybe... stronger?" She asked causing both April and Eddie to stare at each other in shock. "I keep the kinda stronger stuff in my trailer," He said as he stood, "I'll drive you down later, you can come thr video store with me and April... it just we kinda already made plans but you can come to no problem" Eddie spoke looking at April for reassurance "of course, well we will be at the game so I'll just walk with you" April smiled at Chrissy as they all stood and began to walk back, Chrissy walked in front so it didn't seem weird and April held onto Eddie as they walked together.