Chapter Eight - Who's Vecna?

Steve, Robin, Dustin, and Max finally arrive at Reefer Rick's house AKA Rick Lipton, Dustin rang the doorbell waiting to see if they were there. He began to press it over and over "Okay, Well, That's settled. I guess they aren't her" Steve spoke looking at everyone as Dustin began to knock loudly "Eddie!! It's Dustin!!" Dustin shouted from behind the door "Great" Steve sighed as he watched "we just want to walk okay? No cops, I swear we just want to talk" Dustin shouted again as Robin began to look around with a flashlight. Steve began to check the other side of the house when he found an open window, "Guys it's open" He spoke as he pushed it higher with the sudden move loud music spat out into the night as soon as Max heard the music her eyes lip up. "April is here, It's her favorite song. Steve, you used to hang at the wheeler house you must know" Max spoke before jumping through the window with the rest following her inside, Steve pushed through first with what he knew of both April and Eddie they could be doing anything. He pushed the door to the living room open to see April dancing in the living room to a White wedding by Billy Idol, alone. She wiggled and swayed to the song perfectly causing Steve to stop in awe watching her although she was clearly high she looked hotter right now than she ever did and Steve thought she looked hot all the time. Max ran over to April wrapping her in a hug "I... I was worried April" Max sniffled slightly as April held her close running her hand over her hair. "Don't worry, I got you. Me and Billy got you" April spoke holding Max tight realizing how worried she must have been. Dustin and Robin were stood hidden by the door with just Max and Steve out in the open of the living room, as if out of nowhere Eddie jumped out holding a broken bottle causing Steve to run till he was stopped by a wall "Wait! Wait! Wait! Wait!" He shouted before hitting the wall, Eddie held the bottle close to Steves's face "Whoa, whoa, whoa, Eddie! Eddie! Eddie!" Dustin shouted as he ran out of the door with Robin following "Stop! Eddie! Eddie!" He continued to shout, "It's me! It's Dustin, That is Steve. He's not gonna hurt you, right, Steve?" Dustin spoke. Steve panted like a dog in fear as he watched April, It was clear they were probably both this drunk and high yet seeing Max must have pulled April out of it. "Right, Yeah" Steve spoke his eyes till on April, "Eddie stop baby, Steve... Harrington... remember Harrington" April spoke as she appeared behind Eddie, her hands brushing his back causing his body to calm instantly. "Give me the bottle" April whispered as Eddie placed it into her held-out hand gently making sure it didn't cut her although he kept a grip on Steve's face "What are you doing here?" Eddie asked as April frowned "Yeah, what are you doing here?" She spoke turning to everyone. "We're looking for you both" Dustin spoke to both of them "We're here to help" Robin added with a sweet smile. "Eddie these are my friends, you know Robin, from band. This is my friend Max, The one who never wants to play D&D" Dustin spoke as Max smiled and waved awkwardly, "Eddie we're on your side. I swear on my mother, Right guys?" Dustin spoke. "Yes. Yes. We swear" Max spoke her voice panicked slightly "On Dustin's mother" Robin spoke. "Yeah, Dustin's... Dustin's mother" Steve spoke Eddie looked at April as she nodded watching as he looked back at steve as he smirked, "Never look at my baby like that again... Okay?" Eddie spoke before letting go of him. Steve nodded and sighed when he let go of him April wrapped Eddie in a hug smoothing what she could reach of his hair as she did to Max with soft whispers till he seemed grounded and calm, "Eddie" Dustin spoke as Eddie held April tight to him like she was about to get taken away "We just want to talk." He spoke as Dustin reached out to touch his arm, Eddie threw his arm away "Okay?" Dustin spoke watching as he gripped April, "We want to know what happened" Robin spoke as she stood next to Dustin "You won't believe us" Eddie sniffled holding his head into April's hair. "Try us" Max spoke bluntly yet held the same tone as April did causing Eddie to smile a little before taking a deep breath.

"Fred!" Nancy shouted in the now dark trailer park, "Fred!" She shouted again. Nancy spotted a couple sitting on a bench "Hi, excuse me. Sorry. Have you seen my friend wandering around? Uh... Nerdy, glasses, scar on his face?" Nancy asked. "No sorry" The male replied before going back to his conversation, Nancy nodded as she turned around and began to walk in the other direction, She walked until she found a police officer "Hi, Officer. Officer?" Nancy spoke getting closer to him. "What are you still doing here?" The officer replied confused, "My... My friend from the car earlier, i... I can't find him" Nancy spoke her voice full of panic "What do you mean you can't find him?" the officer asked placing a soft hand on Nancy's shoulder. "He was there and then he was just gone and... Did you maybe see him leave with somebody or...?" Nancy spoke as her voice began to fill with tears. "I told you kids to go home. Jesus Christ" The officer spoke covering his face with his hand for a moment "This is Glen. We might have a situation here." The officer spoke as he walked toward his car. Fred was still hallucination that he had run out to the road and was met with his car on fire. "Her body just, like lifted up into the air and, uh... She just hung there. In the air." Eddie spoke holding April's hand as they all sat on the sofa "And her bones... uh, she... Her bones started to snap" Apil spoke as she looked down her fingers spinning the rings on eddies hands. "Her eyes, Man. It... it was like there was something, like, inside her head, pulling." Eddie spoke knowing how stupid id sounded. "We... we didn't know what to do, so we... we ran away" April spoke glancing up at Steve "We left her there. You all think we're crazy, right?" Eddie added as he put his head in his free hand "No. We don't think you're crazy..." Dustin spoke. "Don't bullshit me, man! I know how this sounds" Eddie spoke as his eyes pricked with tears again "We're not bullshitting you" Max spoke causing April to look up at her "We believe you" Robin added with a soft smile. "Look, what I'm about to tell you might be a little... difficult to take," Dustin spoke looking at the couple that held each other close both full of fear. "Okay?" April spoke in a shaky sound. "You know how people say Hawkins is... cursed? They're not way off" Dustin spoke. Fred continued to walk towards the car on fire "There's another world. A world is hidden beneath Hawkins" Dustin spoke, Fred could hear screams coming from the car "Sometimes it bleeds into ours," Dustin continued. "Like ghosts and shit?" Eddie asked as Max began to shake her head "There are some things worse than ghosts." Max spoke.

Fred jumped when a body broke through the melting glass of the car a body began crawling towards him shouting "Help me" over and over. Fred fell back and somehow fell into a grave. He looked to see a blurry outline of a body due to his glasses falling off, he crawled forward getting them as his breath became unsteady he began to panic when he put them on and realized he was in a deep grave. "These monsters from this other world... we thought they were gone" Dustin spoke as Fred screamed for help "Nancy please! Help!" Fred shouted. "But they've come back before. That's why we needed to find you." Dustin spoke as Max stepped forward "If they're back again, we need to know." Max spoke locking eyes with April."Fred" A sinister voice spoke, as it growled slightly causing Fred to turn and meet its face. "That night, did you see anything?" Robin asked, "Dark particles, Maybe?" Max asked both April and Eddie shook their heads as they glanced at each other. The creature began to walk towards Fred, growling. "It would almost look like dust, swirling dust" Dustin spoke "No, man, there was nothing you could see or, uh... or touch" Eddi replied his facial expression seemed dull. The creature began snarling at Fred he gripped the grave wall "What do you want?" Fred whimpered as the creature stood directly in front of him "I want you. To join me" It spoke twisting its head as it spoke like a dog "No, no, no, no" Fred spoke shaking his head slightly, The creature lifted its hand in front of Fred's face. Fred began to lift off the ground. "You know, I tried to wake her, man. She couldn't move" Eddie spoke looking at April "it was like she... she was in a trance or something." April added as she whimpered a little. "Or under a spell" Dustin suggested. "The curse" Eddie spoke as he looked at Dustin like a light bulb had just turned on inside his head. "Vecna's Curse" Dustin spoke. Vecna had dug his nails into Fred causing him to hang higher his arms thrown back as his jaw broke, then his arms, hands, legs, and feet. His eyes were pulled back before he dropped back onto the highway. "Who's Vecna?" Steve asked looking at April who shrugged "An undead creature of great power" Dustin spoke in shock. "A spell caster" Eddie added "A dark wizard" Dustin nodded. Vecna appeared back in the one place that gave him power as tentical-like things began to rip from his body.