Chapter Twenty- Five - Kidnapping Of April Wheeler

In the town hall, the whole community of Hawkins parents had turned up to ask the officers about the current situation, Eddie. "How long have you known Eddie was killing these kids? It was his trailer where Chrissy was killed, and you expect us to believe he was made a suspect just this morning?" One parent asked who stood at the microphone in the middle of the room. "The truth is we've been following several leads, and, yes, Eddie Munson was one of them. And we are now doing everything in our power to find him. In the meantime, for your safety, we will be enforcing a strict curfew." Powell spoke to the group of people that had come "What? That's your solution? Hide from him?" The woman asked standing at the mic, "We're already doing that." Someone added "It's been days. Days!" another spoke "So you tell me why he's not behind bars right now." Said another with questions from others filling the room with loud chatter "I understand you all are upset, but I promise you, we will find him." Powell spoke before the doors swung open and behind it stood the group of jocks "No. You won't." Jason replied "Jason? Son, how about we talk about this in private?" Powell asked wanting to keep the situation at hand how it was instead of making it worse "Why? So you can keep me quiet? So you can keep the truth from coming out? I don't know about the rest of you, but I can't bear to listen to any more excuses and lies." Jason argued as he walked towards the microphone "That's enough." Powell shouted back. "I agree, I've had enough! In fact, I think we've all had enough. Last night... Last night, I saw things, things I can't explain. Things the police don't wanna believe. And things that I don't wanna believe myself. But I know what I saw. I know. And I've come to accept an awful truth. These murders are ritualistic sacrifices. We've all heard how satanic cults are spreading through our country like some... some disease. And Eddie Munson is the leader of one of these cults. A cult that operates here in Hawkins. The mall fire. All those unexplained deaths over the years. Some people say our town is cursed. They just don't know why. Now... Now we do. Now we know. They call themselves Hellfire." Jason shouted down the microphone.

"That's bullshit! The Hellfire isn't a cult. It's a club for nerds." Erica argued "Erica!" Her mother spoke causing her to sit down "Just the facts." Erica replied. Jason held one of the hellfire club pictures from the year book up while some of the jocks handed the same image around the room"A club. A club. A harmless club. That's what they want you to think. But it's a lie. A lie designed to conceal the truth. And now this cult is protecting its leader, Eddie. Hiding him. Allowing him... to continue his rampage and his kidnapping of April Wheeler. Last night, I became overcome with this feeling... of hopelessness. Then I remembered Romans 12:21. 'Do not be overcome by evil. But overcome evil with good.' And God knows there's good in this town. So much good. It's in this room! It's in this room, right here, right now. So I came here today, humbly, to ask for your help. To join me in this fight. Let us cast out this evil and save Hawkins together." Jason continued to shout. One of the community members stood and made his way to the door with everyone watching him quietly "What are y'all just sitting around for? You heard the kid." he spoke before others began to stand and leave "Hey. I want you all to hear me loud and clear on this. Anyone interfering with this investigation will be arrested. " Powell shouted "Hey! Hey! We will be implementing a curfew. If you are not in your house after sunset with the doors locked, you'll be written up. And it's gonna go on your permanent record." The other Officer shouted as everyone left leaving the Wheeler family, Sinclair's family, and Dustin's mother the only people left.

The three families drove as fast as they could to the Wheeler house after Karen told them that the kids should be there as they went to watch a movie "Guys? Are you down here? Guys?" Karen shouted as she walked into the basement and came back up "They should've been back by now. They should be back." Karen continued confused. "What time was the movie?" Sue, Lucas' mother asked, "Uh, four hours ago." Karen replied as she realized what had happened "Hate to break it to you, Mrs. Wheeler, but they lied to you." Erica spoke with her normal sassy tone, Holly began to sing "Liar, liar, pants on fire". "Holly." Ted spoke causing his daughter to grow quiet "We don't think they're actually involved with Eddie, do we? or he kidnapped April?" Claudia spoke looking mainly at Ted and Karen, "I think at this point, anything's possible. But April... No she is to strong if she got kidnapped then she would be home only a complete weirdo could control my daughter." Ted spoke having complete faith in his kids "Our children are not murderers, Ted." Karen spoke Ted's words flying over her head in her panic "Don't put words in my mouth. See, she does that, twists my words." Ted argued as Karen walked over to the phone "You're calling the theater?" Erica asked as Karen began to ring a number and take a deep breath. "The police"

Everyone stood around Eddie who was still sitting in his hiding place with April cuddled into his side, she was still visabley upset but was no longer crying "When I got to the shore, I tried calling you guys, but, uh... My walkie was busted, man. Drenched. So, uh, I did the thing that I do now, apparently. I ran." Eddie spoke holding April close  "Do you know what time this was? The attack?" April asked looking up at him "Yeah, no, I... I know exactly what time it was. My walkie wasn't the only thing that got soaked." Eddie spoke taking off his watch and passing it to April as she read it then looked up at the rest of the group in slight shock "9:27." April spoke, "Same time our flashlights went kablooey." Robin replied, "Which means what, exactly?" Steve spoke as he glanced at April "That surge of energy was Vecna attacking Patrick." April replied with an unconvinced look on her face as Dustin moved away from the group and began walking around "Well, we're one step closer. We know how Vecna attacks." Robin added, "And where he attacks from." Lucas spoke glancing at Max who began to smile slightly "So now we just need to sneak into his lair in the Upside Down and drive a stake through his heart." Max spoke causing April to giggle slightly. "If he has a heart." Robin added, "A stake? Is he like a vamp? Is he a vampire?" Steve asked looking at Max in confusion "It was a metaphor." Max spoke her voice full of sarcasm "A bullet should work on him, right?" Eddie spoke, "I say we chop his head off." Lucas replied "All of the above, but we can't do any of that 'til we find a way into the Upside Down." April spoke looking at everyone as they didn't have any way to go there, "We need El to get her powers back." Max spoke with a frustrated tone. "Everything was way easier. We had this girl. She had superpowers." Steve spoke to Eddie causing April to roll her eyes "Superpowers. Yeah, April mentioned her. Hey, uh, Henderson's not, uh, cursed, is he?" Eddie asked pointing to Dustin who seemed to be spinning around in a circle "Cursed? No, no. He's fine." April replied to Eddie as she began to watch Dustin too "Mental? Absolutely." Steve added.

"Boom! Bada... bada... boom. I was right. Skull Rock was north." Dustin spoke making his way back to the group "Seriously? You're serious?" Steve replied in frustration "Mm-hmm." Dustin spoke bluntly with a grin "This is Skull Rock. Okay?" Steve spoke throwing his hands up to point to the rock "Mm-hmm." Dustin replied again "You're totally, absolutely, 100% wrong. Right now." Steve spoke in annoyance  "Yes. And no." Dustin spoke leaning closer to Steve "Oh my God." Steve spoke throwing his head into his hands "This worked correctly when we left the Wheelers'. Correct when we got in the car on Curly. But it started to slip the further east we went. Now it's way off. When I was leading us here, I wasn't wrong. The compass was." Dustin spoke holding his compass into the air "So you're using faulty equipment. You're still wrong." Steve spoke trying to point out the obvious "Except it isn't faulty. Lucas, remember what can affect a compass?" Dustin spoke as he turned to Lucas "An electromagnetic field." Lucas replied as he also began to grin "yep." Dustin spoke as he nodded "Sorry. I must've skipped that class." April replied as she looked up at Eddie who also shrugged as if to say he didn't know either. "In the presence of a stronger electromagnetic field, the needle will deflect towards that power. So either there's some super big magnet around here, or... Dustin spoke as everyone's face turned into one of confusion "There's a gate." Lucas spoke causing Dustin to nod and laugh "But we're nowhere near the lab." Nancy spoke as she turned to Dustin, "But what if, somehow, there's another gate? A gate that we don't know about. It'd have to be smaller. Way less powerful." Dustin spoke causing Robin to giggle slightly "Snack-size gate." Robin spoke as Dustin nodded to her "How? Why?" Steve spoke still confused "No idea. All I know is that something is causing this disturbance, and the last time we've seen anything like it, it was a gate. And I hope it is because then we'd have a way to Vecna. And a shot at freeing Max from this curse." Dustin spoke as he looked at Max as he began to walk "Where are you going? Hey, hey, hey, hey, hey. Eddie's still a wanted man. We can't just go hike in the woods. and they also know about April" Steve said pointing out the most obvious "This little steel capsule might be the key to saving both Max and Eddie. What say you, Eddie the Banished?" Dustin spoke as he looked at Eddie "I say you're asking me to follow you into Mordor, which, if I'm totally straight with you, I think is a really bad idea. But, uh, the Shire... The Shire is burning. So Mordor it is." Eddie spoke causing April to look up at him with the most confused and gobsmacked face she could possibly pull "What the fuck does that even mean?" She asked with a slightly nervous laugh "What is Mordor? Get your stuff, dude. Let's go." Steve spoke to Eddie as everyone began to follow Dustin, Eddie pulled April to her feet grabbing what he needed before taking her hand and following behind "You are a freak sometimes baby... You weren't even speaking English" April spoke with a sweet giggle as Eddie layed a kiss to her head making her blush, the two more than happy to be back together.