Chapter Forty - Mr. Munson Has Awoken.

It had been 4 months since the battle, April had surgery on her lungs due to it collapsing from her broken ribs but she never left the hospital even after she was discharged. She stayed in Eddie's room with him ready for him to wake up, still waiting for him to wake up. April never even left for food, the only time she was away from his bed was if she was showering or using the bathroom. It had been a crazy yet lonely few months for her and she prayed ever morning that today was the day. April was 4 months pregnancy, a small tiny bump but the hospital knew her fear of leaving the room so when ever she had a doctor or needed a scan they would bring the stuff to Eddie's room. She knew when he would finally wake that he would be shocked to see her bump or even realising he was a dad. April was pregnant with a little girl, she only found out out was pregnant when a nurse told her that her throwing up all day almost every day wasn't a side effect of her lung. They gave her a pregnancy test and all the support she could need. April was say back in her chair with her legs on top of Eddie's as she read a book rubbing her bump. Nancy had convinced her parents that she died in the rupture of Hawkins, Nancy didn't do this out of hate she did it our of complete live fie her sister knowing that Eddie's fake reputation would ruin her. After April woke from surgery her and Eddie was loved to a specialist hospital for him that was as far away from Hawkins as they could have wished. It was a lovely little town and April was happy to raise her daughter there. She smiled softly putting her book down as the caterers turned up with her tea for the night, jacket potato with cheese and chocolate ice cream with apple juice. Due to April being here so long everyone got to know her and she even learned a lot about the care that Eddie needed and now doing a lot of it herself. Not because the nurses didn't want to but it took a lot of stress of them. April sat her tray on her knees as she began to eat humming a little tune to herself, it was the only way she could stay sane in the current situation before a knock landed on the door as Steve, Robin and Dustin brushed in. She smiled sweetly putting her food down and stood "Oh someone's getting bigger" Robin teased giving April a hug before rubbing her bump slightly "they said its any minute know, he is showing signs of waking up he just hadn't yet" April spoke as she held Eddie's hand. It was hard for her seeing him in such a way but she knew any day. Any moment he would wake up.

The three stayed for a few hours before heading of ready for the drive back to Hawkins. April got ready for bed, she brushed her teeth and used the bathroom. She stood at the door and said goodnight to the nurses who was on before closing the door and the curtains. She checked over the machines before crawling into Eddie's bed putting herself in the best place for the nurses to check on him during the night. She closed her eyes as she hummed softly before feeling something move on her back, she turned quickly hoping it wasn't a spider as she started to panic before the sound of a little chuckle left Eddie's mouth. She jumped up from the bed looking at him wondering if she had truly gone mad. His eyes flickered open as he looked at her "Baby" He whispered slightly his voice husky from sleeping for 4 months. She smiled softly ad tears began to fall "Baby... I need to" She spoke rushing to the door with her hand on her bump "Angela" She shouted to the nurse stood at the desk, the nurse turned seeing the look on her face as she picked up the phone "Mr Munson has awoke" she spoke through as almost every nurse on the ward rushed to the room standing around Eddie who chuckled softly but couldn't take his eyes of April. The nurses checked him over and looked at his stats in disbelief "Have you put a bit of weight on?" Eddie asked in the most sincere way to try and not come across as rude. April giggled and shaked her head "No you idiot" She spoke stepping closer to the bed ad she picked up his hand "What did I say to you" April whispered brushing his fingers against her cheek "Children, away from Hawkins... guitar... d and d. Baby you said a lot" Eddie said looking at her as she shook her head pressing his hand to her bump "Munson. Baby" she whispered softly causing his deep brown eyes to stare at her bump "I'm a dad" Eddie spoke slightly confused "Yup..." April replied hoping he would of been happier. His face suddenly lit up as he looked at the nurses "I'm a dad" He chuckled happily pulling April slightly in for a kiss. "I'll get the doctor and leave you two alone for a little" Angela spoke as all the nurses left the room. "They think I died for 2 minutes and you where dead for 5" April spoke looking at him "I didn't leave you. Not even for 5 minutes. I've been here for 4 months Eddie. I never left" April spoke as tears fell watching as Eddie began to tear up to. "I know baby. I know. Thank you" Eddie spoke rubbing his thumb across her knuckles "I love you Eddie. You are the love of my life. You have me the strength to carry your heavy ass out if the upside down. You should have seen Dustins face" She spoke as she began to giggle slightly "how did you die?" Eddie asked realising the words she had said "Collapsed lung" April spoke bluntly lifting up her top to just under her breath revealing the small scar her surgery left. The two grew quiet after April crawled into the bed just holding each other. April sighed happily as she glanced up at him. "My love. We are having a little girl" She whispered as he took her chin in his hand and kissed her lips softly before pulling away "I hope she is just like you sweetheart" Eddie replied as the doctor walked in with the biggest smile for the first time seeing a young couple so in love, or should I say a young family. He spent most days chatting with April about who Eddie was, how her pregnancy was and tight now seeing the two together brought a tear to even the doctors eye.