Chapter Forty-One - 86' Baby!

Eddie came home when it had turned five months that he was in the hospital and right now April was 8 months pregnant, she wasn't big due to how her body was but she had organized the best present she could have ever thought of. She had the Hawkins gang come down to their sweet little trailer with a special something to Eddie, he had finally got himself into a routine now outside of the hospital and April had been at her job for 2 months now. She worked at a little hairdresser doing old people's hair which she really enjoyed, right now she had sneaked outside to get Eddie's surprise ready. Due to her dropping out and him missing his graduation it was the second-best thing she could come up with. Steve and Robin had sneaked into Hawkins high and stole Eddie's diploma and Nancy checked every store she could and found two graduation outfits. Jonothan also came with his camera, April walked into the trailer holding the green graduation gowns and hats with a soft smile on her face as she saw him sitting on the sofa fixing the strings on his guitar "Why do you have them?" Eddie asked putting his guitar down and walking over to her taking them from her hands "Just put it on idiot" April smirked with a giggle placing the hat onto his head causing him to roll his eyes at her as he took her hand walking to the bedroom. April pulled out a baby blue maternity dress with matching heels, April brought the dress when she came up with this genius idea and now she had the cutest little bump for it, she turned to Eddie with the sweetest smile that melted his head, He walked up to her with his cap and gown on wrapping her up in his arms as they looked in the mirror "How long have you been planning this?" Eddie asked glancing down at her as she looked up at him "Months" April smirked putting on her cap and gown before grabbing his hand and leading him outside.

 April pulled out a baby blue maternity dress with matching heels, April brought the dress when she came up with this genius idea and now she had the cutest little bump for it, she turned to Eddie with the sweetest smile that melted his head, He w...

Eddie was surprised to see almost everyone, Steve, Robin, Nancy, Jonothan, Mike, Dustin, and Lucas. He grinned to himself seeing them all standing there, the picnic table outside the trailer full of sandwiches and snacks with a white frosting cake that read '86' Baby' on it. Eddie wrapped April in a tight hug lifting her off the floor as he did whispering into her ear "This is so much better than I could have thought" spoke causing her to grin like an idiot. She wiggled from his arms placing her hand onto her bump as she claimed down the stairs of the trailer watching as Eddie hugged Dustin tight. It was the first time he had seen them all since before what happened, April sat on the bench with a sigh due to the pain she had in her back from carrying their baby. She sat happily watching everyone interact with Eddie before Jonothan walked up to him and smiled "Well done... You graduated" Jonothan spoke kind of awkwardly causing Nancy to laugh "He means to say. Hi, I'm Jonothan Nancy's boyfriend. Glad to meet the father finally" Nancy teased before walking over to April and helping her up as Jonothan set up the camera. He waved April over who walked at an almost snail's pace "You walked faster when you were coughing blood" Dustin teased her causing her to flip him off before reaching Eddie's side they posed for a couple of 'normal' graduation pictures before she turned to Eddie causing him to grab her face in his hands and lay a passionate kiss to her lips causing her to blush bright red. "You two are so fucking gross" Dustin called out as the two pulled the sweetest looks and filled him off creating the best picture they could have asked for. April knew this when Nancy smiled standing with Jonothan who had the biggest grin on his face. "Is it time to eat now or what?" Steve shouted from the bench where he sat holding a paper plate ready to dig into the finest selection of foods that April could get.

The day worked out just as she had planned everyone ate and chatted as if nothing had happened, it made April a bit emotional that everything they had gone through had brought her to this moment. A happy moment. It had been about a week since then and April was waddling home from work, she pulled her keys out of her bag and unlocked the trailer seeing Eddie sat at the dining room table with pictures a pen, and frames. She smiled throwing her bag down onto the sofa and slipping into his lap she kissed his lips as he brushed his hands over her hair "How was work?" Eddie spoke pulling it through her ends, he loved April's new hair, especially her fringe. "Same as always, cut and blows with the odd dye. They think I'm doing well so they are going to put my pay up a little" April spoke with a smile burying her head into his neck as he began to rub her back. He knew it was hard on her being so heavily pregnant and working while he seemed to sit at home and do nothing but truth be told April was scared for him to start working in case it was too much for him. Yes, 4 months is a long time but it isn't always long enough to heal. She smiled softly listening to him hum as he wrote before slipping two pictures into a frame and closing it setting it up on the table as he glanced down at her rubbing her back "Look sweetheart" He spoke causing her to glance down at the table "Baby it's perfect. So perfect" She spoke knowing that the pictures probably came in the mail today and he rushed to the store to get frames for him so they could put them up. They were slowly making the trailer into a home. Their home.

* I take no credit from this picture it is created by Bloomsbury on Tumblr *