Chapter Twenty-Seven - Not The Time, April.

April and Steve lay together on the cold ground in the Upside Down, Both being stranged by demobats, April squeaked slightly as the bat that was currently wrapped around her neck began to pull her slightly as she pulled on it with her other hands trying to swat the others way with Steve in the same situation. When she watched as a bat flung off Steve whimpering it began to fly away, "Hey there. Quick! Hold it, Robin!" Nancy shouted as the two tried their best to get the bat from Steve's neck "I got it. Get it!" Robin shouted as Nancy repeatedly hit it. April closed her eyes with a slight smile on her lips before opening them again and seeing Eddie, He stomped onto the bat on her neck and with one quick move and splattered it off her as its weird black blood splashed across her face. She looked up at him with the sweetest smile before watching as he moved the other bets from her with his weapon "Kill it! Kill it! " Eddie shouted as he finally got the other two off her, He kneeled down taking her hand as he pulled her up to him and wrapped her up in his free arm. He hadn't noticed how blood splattered all over her face or the tight red mark wrapping her neck and he hadn't even noticed that she had lost a good chunk of asking he just knew at that moment that she needed him to protect her. "shit! Yeah! Come on!" Eddie spoke watching as a few more bats flew down, he held April close as he swung his weapon managing to get the bat to leave them alone although he knew by now it wasn't that easy "Nancy!" Robin grunted as the two swung at the bat still on Steve's neck "Come on! Please" Robin shouted as she started to hit the bat with her torch. "Nancy, behind you! Watch out!" Eddie shouted as a bat had gripped onto Nancy's scarf causing her to yelp as she tried to pull it off "Oh my God, Nance!" Robin shouted as she grabbed its trail pulling it and Nancy with her "Robin, get it off me!" Nancy shouted as she tried her hardest to get it off her, now knowing how Steve and April felt all alone with them "Got it, got it, got it!" Eddie shouted as another bat swung down heading its way back to April who had already been fairly beaten up by the bats "God damn it! shit!" Eddie shouted hitting a bat yet causing his wooden weapon to snap in half, yet April's little giggle echoed through. 

Steve had managed to unwrap the Bats tail from his neck and bit into it causing it to wrap from his neck "Let go!" Robin shouted still trying to get the bat off Nancy "Come here!" Steve spoke as he kept a hold of its tail as he stood up "Get it!" Robin shouted as she got the bat off and threw it to the floor "Nancy!" She spoke as Nancy swung around hitting the bat in the head. All of them fighting to protect each other "Go to hell!" Robin shouted as Nancy finally killed the bat with a flood of blood flying from it "Come on, come on, come on, you son of a bitch! I said come on! Let's go!" Eddie shouted as he moved pulling April into every swing as she shivered against him before a bat flew down and landed mouth open into his sharp broken wood. Steve began swinging the bat around hitting it on the floor with each turn he had made, everyone turned as they watched Steve hitting the bat on the ground, he stood on it ripping it apart before turning to everyone with blood flowing out of his mouth as he spat it "Steve!" April spoke as she got out of Eddie's arms and walked to him both of them ripped apart "Jesus Christ. Jesus H. Christ!" Eddie shouted having a little tantrum that caused April to giggle as she and Steve checked each other over as Nancy walked to them "Are you okay?" Nancy spoke as she turned both April and Steve looking at both of them April winced as Nancy brushed her hip "Well, they took about a pound of flesh from us both. But other than that, yeah, never better." Steve joked as he sighed as April nodded along finally taking in the damage to her body "Uh, do you guys think these bats have, like, rabies?" Robin asked as she helped her torch over one of the dead bats causing both April and Steve to look at each other than at Robin "What?" April spoke confusedly "It's just that rabies are, like, my number one greatest fear. And I think we should get you both to a doctor soon because once symptoms set in, it's too late. You're already dead." Robin spoke with a slightly panicked tone before the 5 of them noticed another swarm of bats fly down to them, they stood in a group thinking that maybe they would get them. The bats landed by the gate giving them almost no way to escape "All right. There are not that many. We can take 'em. Right?" Steve spoke causing April to smack him in the shoulder "Idiot" She replied as she felt Eddie's arms wrap around her waist "You guys can take them but were out" Eddie spoke with an uncomfortable chuckle before another swam began to fly out the sky "You were saying?" Robin replied with a sigh as Nancy looked around for the best place to go "The woods. Come on." She shouted as she began to run with Steve close behind her, Eddie scooped April up into his arms and ran after them "So strong baby" April smiled laying her head on his chest "Not the time April" Eddie replied with a chuckle "Great. More running." Robin spoke as she began to run behind them into the woods.

Back at the Wheeler house, Max, Dustin, and Lucas sat on the sofa surrounded by Karen and Ted Wheeler, Claudia Henderson and Charles, Sue and Erica Sinclair as well as Officer Powell and his Partner "What exactly were you all doing at the lake?" Powell asked sitting on a dining chair in front of them "Uh... It's comp..." Dustin began to speak thinking he could take control of the situation "We were... We were just going for a walk." Max spoke, knowing if they would get out of this with no trouble she needed to take control. "A walk? At 9:00 p.m.?" Powell's partner asked crossing his arms with a smug look "To the lake. We were gonna take a little swim. Little night swim." Dustin spoke sheepily as Max and Lucas nodded along "Dusty. Someone was just murdered there." Claudia spoke with slight disappointment in her voice "Yeah, we... we didn't realize that until we got there." Dustin spoke looking down he hated to back talk to his mother "That's why we didn't swim." Lucas spoke with a soft chuckle causing everyone to stare at them "And Nancy and April, were they with you at this night swim?" Karen asked more concerned about where her daughters were "No." Max replied bluntly, "Yes." Dustin spoke causing them to all look at each other before Lucas sighed "Uh... We're not sure." He spoke. "She was there. Then she left. It's all a little confusing." Dustin spoke trying to look confused "That's when you guys came." Lucas added trying to steer this conversation back to Max "Right. Then they dared me to say what I said." Max spoke glancing back at Lucas "Oh, yeah. About the killer." Lucas spoke as the three of them began to laugh together "You're lucky you didn't get shot." Ted spoke looking at them "Have you had any contact with Eddie?" Powell asked looking at Dustin "That psycho... freak killer? God, no." He replied "Nope." Max added, "Absolutely not." Lucas spoke as he pulled his face in disgust "No. We haven't heard from him." Max spoke again crossing her arms "We barely know the guy." Lucas added staring at Powell "Who?" Dustin added before glancing down a little "Oh, that's a bunch of bull." Erica spoke as she stepped forward "Erica!" both Charles and Sue spoke looking at their daughter "I mean, you realize they're lying. The whole couch is on fire." Erica spoke again rolling her eyes as she looked up at her dad. "Erica." They both shouted again "Just the facts." Erica replied before stepping back again "Are you lying to these policemen, Dusty?" Claudia asked looking at Dustin "No." Dustin shouted back with a sudden high-pitched voice "Lying to cops is a crime, son." Charles spoke to Lucas "I'm not lying.2" Lucas whined, "The fire is consuming us." Erica spoke from the back of the room. "Threaten them with a little jail time. Maybe that'll loosen their lips." Ted spoke as Karen looked at him in shock "Okay..." Dustin chuckled as she shook his head "You wanna send our kids to jail? where are your girls?" Sue asked looking at Ted in disgust "We need to take this seriously." Ted replied ignoring the questions about his daughters "He didn't mean it like that." Karen spoke trying to defend her husband who clearly doesn't think before he speaks, as the room erupted in chatter between the parents "Shut up!" Powell spoke with no one listening to him just the room getting louder and louder "Oh my God." Max sighed. "Shut up!" Powell shouted as the room went silent "Jesus." Karen replied as she sat back "Shh." Powell's partner whispered "We're gonna try a more civilized approach. One at a time. You first." Powell spoke pointing at Max "Wait, what? Why me?" Max spoke in confusion "Follow me." Powell spoke as he began to walk out of the room "I'm not even in Hellfire." Max replied still sitting on the sofa "Do I need to cuff you?" Powell's partner asked looking at her "Up. Chop-chop. Let's go." He replied as Max stood and began to walk in the same direction as Powell did.