Chapter Eleven - Oh Eddie.

"So you're saying that this thing that killed Fred and Chrissy, it's from the upside-down" Nancy spoke now sitting at a picnic table with Steve, Robin, Dustin and Max. "If the Shoe fits" Steve replied to Nancy with a slight sigh, "Our working theory is that he attacks with a spell or a curse" Dustin spoke as he glanced around the table to see everyone nodding. "Now, whether or not he's doing his bidding of the mind flayer. Or just loves killing teens, we don't know" Dustin added. "All we know is this is something is different. Something new" Max spoke shaking her head as she spoke. "It doesn't make sense" Nancy spoke bluntly, "it's only a theory" Dustin spoke a little hurt that she didn't get it. "No, Fred and Chrissy don't make sense. I mean, why them?" Nancy spoke looking at Dustin, knowing he had all the answers she could need. "Maybe they were in the wrong place, were both at the game" Dustin spoke as he thought, "and near the trailer park" Max added trying to connect dots. "Where at the trailer park, April was at the game and here so why is she fine? Uh, should we maybe not be here?" Steve asked causing Nancy's eyes to grow wide. "There is something about this place," Nancy spoke as she looked around a chill running down her back "Fred started acting weird the second we got here," Nancy added recalling everything that happened. "Acting weird as in?" Robin challenged glancing at Steve, "Scared, on edge, upset" Nancy spoke begin to think about Fred. "Max said that Chrissy was upset too" Dustin spoke looking at Max, "yeah, but not here. She was crying in the bathroom at school" Max replied quickly. "Serial killers stalk their prey before they strike, right?" Robin spoke as she began to think, "So maybe Fred and Chrissy saw this Vecman" Robin spoke. "Vecna" Dustin corrected her slightly annoyed, "I dunno about you guys but if I saw some freaky wizard monster I would mention it to someone" Steve spoke as he rubbed his face. Max's eyes lit up "maybe they did, I saw Chrissy leaving Ms. Kelley's office. If you saw a monster, you... you wouldn't go to the police. They'd never believe you, but you might go to your". "Your shrink" Robin spoke as if a little light bulb glowed over her head, causing Max to nod. They all got up and began to walk towards their cars, "Whoa, Whoa, Nance. Nance! Where you going?" Steve asked as he jogged up to her as she walked to her car. "There is just something I want to check on first" Nancy spoke as she walked back to her car. "Something you wanna share with the rest of us?" Dustin spoke as he held his arms out in confusion. "I dont wanna waste your time. It's a real shot in the dark" She added as she opened her car door. "Yeah, okay. Are you out of your mind? There is a upside down monster back? Your sister's boyfriend is a suspect in the murder? April is probably on a list of possible missing people? And you won't tell us what you're doing. Flying solo with this Vecna dude on the loose. Nah it's too dangerous. You need... you need someone to go with you. Here I'll stick with nance. Take the car and check on the shrink" Steve spoke in a real state of confusion as he threw his keys over to Robin. "I don't think you want me to drive your car" Robin spoke as she pointed at it. "Why?" Steve spoke yet again confused. "I dont have a license" Robin spoke with a dumb tone in her voice. "Why don't you have a license" Steve spoke shaking his head. "I'm poor," Robin spoke as she shrugged her shoulders, "I can drive, April taught me" Max smiled at them as she spoke "No never again, please. Anybody but you, no." Steve spoke to Max. As Dustin smiled at Steve "No chance" Steve added. "Come on" Dustin whined. "No" Steve spoke as he glanced at everyone. "Alright okay, this is stupid. Us ladies shall stick together" she spoke as zhe grabbed a walki taki from Dustin's bag giving Steve his keys back. "Unless you think we need you to protect us?" Robin spoke as she stood at Nancy's side. Steve sighed causing Robin to smirk before she and Nancy walked to the car. "Be careful" Steve shouted after them. "You just gonna stand there and gawk as you do to April?" Dusin spoke darling Max to giggle lightly. "Shut up" Steve replied, "why don't we go? Okay?" Dustin spoke as he got into the car "shut up and just get in" Steve spoke slightly annoyed. "Wipe your feet," Steve said to Dustin causing him to smirk and wipe his feet on the inside of the car "on the outside, not the inside" Steve spoke in frustration, always the babysitter. Always the goddamn babysitter" Steve spoke as he began to drive, the plan being to drop Dusin and Max at the shrinks house before going to Eddie and April.

Steve had decided he would take April home, to get some clothes because he knew her parents were out. He pulled up to Rick's house and beeped as he watched Eddie run out of the garage carrying April in his arms, she looked tiny all curled up slightly Steve's baggy coat hanging from her with Eddie's denim over the top. Eddie put April in the backseat and buckle her up with a soft kiss on her head "there you are Angel" He whispered causing her to smile sweetly at him. Steve looked up at her and grinned slightly watching her, he knew that smile. April was deeply in love, it was the smile she had for Billy that she never had returned to her until now. He pulled his mirror to see Eddie seeing him return the smile to her as he grabbed her hand and squeezed it. Although Steve was jealous he knew that it was probably for the best, "Come on love birds we don't have forever" He spoke as Eddie closed the door and got into the passenger seat "jealous much?" He spoke with a smirk causing April to giggle lightly. Steve just nodded before he began to drive, he went into a world of his own and soon realised he was outside the Wheeler house. He pulled up and turned to see Eddie holding his hands over his seat holding April's hand they were so quiet and the love language was touch. Steve watched a little as his thoughts finally sunk in, they were in love so deeply and so quickly it was crazy.

April let go as she opened the door and took off her belt

April let go as she opened the door and took off her belt. She ran up to the house with both Eddie and Steve trailing behind her like lost puppies. April pushed open the door and ran up the stairs and straight into her room, she wanted music more than anything. She pressed play as soon as she walked into her room as the edge of seventeen by Steve Nicks began to play causing April to smile as she turned to face the door and saw Eddie standing leaning on the doorframe, she grabbed his hands pulling him into her room as she began to dance with him "I know its not your rock music baby, just feel it out" she smiled as she danced and sang to him her hands holding his as they giggled and danced. Steve soon stole the spot that Eddie was standing in at the door and watched. He sighed slightly before pushing past them and grabbing a bag. He began to grab light clothes from April's wardrobe, shoving them onto the bag. April moved over and grabbed Steve's hand "Dance Steve, come on. You always danced with me" she spoke as she pulled him over letting go of his hands and danced, her fingers running up her body as she moved, the world turning slow motion for both Eddie and Steve as they watched her quietly before they locked eyes and Eddie began to smirk. The look of yeah, she's mine. When the song stopped April turned it down before packing her bag, she pulled the cassette tape out and put it into her bag before trying to pick it up and laughed "fuck me, it's heavy" she spoke as she tried to throw it over her shoulder before feeling two hands take it from her causing Steve and Eddie to look at April before each other. "I've got it, Steve, she is my girl after all" He spoke as Steve let go, Eddie threw it over his shoulder before hearing the door downstairs open and the three all locking eyes. "Fuck" April whispered before rushing to her window and opening it. "Steve goes, you're used to it" April spoke, after Nancy and Steve nearly got caught Steve started to use April's window to get in, Steve jumped out and took the bag from Eddie. Only because he had done this a million times. Eddie helped April out as Steve helped her down before throwing himself out and somehow getting down safely. They ran to Steve's car before driving off.