Chapter Twenty-One - Just Come On, Babe.

"The devil is here. I can feel his presence... Growing stronger each day. But I know Chrissy's in heaven now, looking down at us, smiling." Chrissy's mother spoke between scattered cries "Happy to see all the lives she touched and brightened. But I also know she's frustrated. Angry. That the monster that did this to her is still out there. Still. Hurting others, keeping one girl hostage How can he live, while my angel is gone? I know God has a plan... Lord, I've prayed. And I just do not understand it. I see no reason. I see no reason." She continued to stand at the funeral of her daughter. Jason stood in front of a table back in the abandoned building still in his funeral suit as he there pictures onto the table "So I finally got a hold of Cappelletti. Photos for the '86 yearbook." Jason spoke as the other jocks began picking up pictures, some of the hellfire club and some pictures of April and Eddie "Hot damn." One spoke, "Sinclair? Goddamn, traitor." Andy spoke seeing Lucas in a hellfire picture "The only reason he'd lead us to a dead end. The Hellfire Club. They're hiding Eddie. Maybe we should bring this to the cops. The cops who think Chrissy's a drսg dealer? Who is letting this... this psycho go around killing people? kidnapping April" Jason spoke clearly under some illusion that Patrick had finally escaped from "I'm just saying, what if this cult is doing shit to us?" Patrick spoke throwing the picture down "Doing what?" One spoke looking Patrick dead in the eyes "They already know we're after them. What if they cursed us or some shit?" Patrick spoke as he rubbed at his shirt sleeve "Patrick thinks he's cursed." One jocked causing them all to laugh. "Hey! None of this is funny. Look, I don't believe in that supernatural crap, all right? But this cult is dangerous. We have to be smart about this. I made a list. Everywhere these freaks have been seen. We divide and conquer. Check 'em out one by one. Smoke 'em out." Jason spoke looking at the pictures "We should add Reefer Rick's house to this." a jock spoke looking at him "What?" Jason replied bluntly "Reefer Rick. He's Eddie's supplier. He's supposed to be in prison, but someone spotted him back in his house. Now my parents are freaking out and shit. It's probably nothing. I don't know." the jock continued causing Jason to get a little excited "No, that's good. That's good. No stones unturned." Jason spoke as he began to write Reefer Rick's house onto the list. 

Steve had pulled up outside Victor's home with Robin, Nancy, April, Dustin, Max, and Lucas

Steve had pulled up outside Victor's home with Robin, Nancy, April, Dustin, Max, and Lucas. April got out last beginning to feel slightly uneasy now standing at the house, she ran her hands over her skirt as she put on her best smile "You didn't need to dress up" Nancy spoke to April causing her to roll her eyes "Yeah, but when Mr. Vecna seems me, he will know at least one of us has good style, Nance" April spoke as she was the first person to walk up the stairs. "Yeah, that's not creepy." Steve spoke as he began pulling the nails out of the wood covering the door "What exactly are we supposed to be looking for in this shithole?" Steve asked April as she pulled the nails out of the other side of the wood "We're not sure. We just know this house is important to Vecna." April replied as she ducked when a nail flew at her "Because Max saw it in Vecna's red soup mind world?" Steve spoke sarcastically causing April to give him a death stare "Basically." She replied bluntly "Great." Steve answered "Maybe it holds a clue to where Vecna is. Why he's back. Why did he kill the Creels. And how to stop him before he comes back for Max." Dustin spoke glancing at everyone "We don't think he's in here, do we?" Lucas spoke trying to hide how scared he was in his voice "Guess we'll find out." Max replied, "Ready?" Steve asked April as she nodded back "Mm-hmm." she spoke as the two let the door drop revealing the stained glass door. "Max. What are you doing in here, Max?" Vecna asked as Steve rattled the door handle "It's locked. Should I knock, see if anybody's home?" Steve replied to April returning her previous bluntness, "No need. I found a key." Robin replied holding a brick up before throwing it through the window, Steve reached through and unlocked the door from the inside watching as it creaked open. He entered first slowly followed by everyone else, Lucas tried to turn on the lamp that stood next to the door "Looks like someone forgot to pay their electric bill." Lucas spoke as Dustin turned on his torch and lit up the room "Where'd everyone get those?" Steve asked with a confused look "Do you need to be told everything? You're not a child." Dustin spoke causing April to burst out in laughter "Thank you." Steve spoke "Huh. Back pocket." Dustin spoke handing him his backpack to get a torch out of it. "They just left everything." April spoke moving her torch around seeing inside the living room "I guess a triple homicide isn't good for resale value." Robin replied back with a stiff laugh "Hey, guys? You all see that, right?" Max called out as she looked at the clock that stood against the hall wall "Yeah." Dustin replied walking closer "Yeah." Steve said not too far away from Dustin "Is this what you saw? In your visions?" April asked coming up to stand next to Max who just nodded back. "I mean, it's... just a clock. Right?" Robin spoke as she pushed forward and began to wipe the dust off the face of it, "Like a normal old clock." Robin spoke as she turned back to the rest of the group "Why is this wizard obsessed with clocks? Maybe he's, like, a clockmaker or something?" Steve spoke turning to everyone "I think you cracked the case, Steve." Dustin said sarcastically "All I know is the answers are here. Somewhere. Okay, everyone stays in groups. Robin, upstairs." Nancy spoke as Nancy and Robin went upstairs "Come on. Let's go." Max spoke to Lucas and Dustin, Steve sighed as he turned to April "Was that a sigh??" April asked looking up at him "No, I did not sigh." Steve replied as he began to walk up the stairs "Why'd you sigh?" She asked again following behind "I didn't sigh. Just come on, babe." Steve replied to April as he claimed the stairs "I heard you." April spoke with a slight giggle "I like you April, Okay? I love you" Steve blurted out trying to remove any issues with their group "You have a problem with that?" April replied confused "Well... I can't, have you... and I've been stuck in a room with you for days in April. It is heartbreaking loving someone who doesn't know" Steve spoke causing April to grow quiet as she followed him.

Jason and the rest of the jocks had turned up at Rick's house, They all got out and made their way towards the front door holding different weapons. "shit. shit." Eddie spoke seeing them out of the window "Looks like Rick's had company." One of the jocks spoke as he pushed open the door. Jason walked the house finding a slightly warm dirty pan "It's him." Jason whispered. "Hey, Dustin. You there? It's Eddie. You remember me, right? Hey, if anyone's there, I really think I might be in a bit of trouble here. Okay? Princess? Anybody?!" Eddie spoke in a panic down the radio, yet no one in the Creel's house could hear due to it being left by the stairs. "Hey, uh, April? Yeah? Could you maybe, uh, clarify what sort of clues we're supposed to be looking for here?" Steve spoke as he looked around what seemed to be a bedroom. "The world is full of obvious things which nobody by any chance ever observes," April spoke with a slight giggle in her best British accent which was half decent for an American "Sherlock Holmes." She spoke in her normal voice with a slight giggle again "That's great." Steve replied bluntly as he continued to look "Thanks." April replied happily as she looked around "That's great. Really helpful. Sherlock..." Steve spoke again rolling his eyes a little with a playful smirk on his face, he stopped when he found what looked to be a vent, he put his hand in and found a few jars full of dead spiders that were clearly here for quite a long time. Yet he felt like one was crawling on his causing him to jump and walk backward out of the room brushing the webs off him that he had walked through "Whoa, whoa. What's wrong?" Nancy asked due to Steve bumping into her "There was a spider." Steve replied with a breathy tone "What?" Nancy replied with a laugh "It's a black widow." Steve replied "Okay." Nancy replied slightly confused as she watched him close the door "Don't go in there." Steve answered before he began to walk again to find April "Oh, oh. Wait, just..." Nancy spoke trying to get webs out of his hair "What? Something? shit." Steve replied as he began to panic again "Okay. Wait. Stop moving. Stop. I just... I got it. I got it." Nancy replied pulling stuff out of his hair "Thank you." He replied calming again slightly. "If there's a spider, you're never gonna find it till it lays eggs and the babies spill out." Robin spoke with April standing behind her "What's wrong with you? Steve asked causing Robin to giggle a little. 

"Robin, seriously. She's got problems." Steve spoke as Robin and Nancy walked away leaving April to try and check Steve's hair "Tell me about it." April giggled softly pulling out one last web "It's cool that you two are friends now. Maybe after we find Vecna, kill him, save the world and stuff, maybe we can all go out. Do you know? Me, you, Eddie, Robin, Nancy, and Jonathan when he's back." Steve spoke before turning to face April, Realising that maybe the reason she picked Eddie was that she thought that Robin and he were dating. "It's not like we're dating. Me and Robin. Not like we're dating. Did she tell you? That we're not?" Steve spoke looking down at April admiring as the light caught her face just right "Yes. She made that very clear. Platonic with a capital P." April spoke almost directly quoting what Robin had told her "Yep. Thank you. I mean... I would date her. It's just... She's... We're just... Never mind. We're friends. Just friends. Right." Steve spoke looking at April as it dawned on him that Robin also had a massive crush on her "Right. Okay. All better." April smiled up at him "Great. Thanks. Well... Great. Um... Guess we should, uh, get back to the investigation. "The obvious things are not what people observe." Or... "Do... Don't observe." Or... Sherlock Holmes." Steve spoke as he caught himself almost trying to kiss April, she frowned her face at him wondering why he copied what she said and why he also turned so awkward "What?" She said before following behind him. 

"I wish we had a longer loop." Lucas spoke as he heard the quiet music end in Max's headphones "Forty-six minutes isn't bad. I think there are bigger concerns. Like... What if, by listening to this over and over, I get sick of it, and suddenly it's not my favorite anymore? Will it still work? Or will Kate Bush, like, lose her magic power or something?" Max spoke to Lucas as she let the tape rewind "Kate Bush? Never." Lucas spoke looking around the room for Dustin "You're a Kate Bush fan?" Max asked slightly confused at Lucas. "Uh, yeah. Now I am." Lucas replied moving his torch around "Really?" Max spoke "Yeah, mega-fan. She... She saved your life. Besides, we're hot on this creep's trail. We're gonna find Vecna and kill him before he even thinks about messing with you again. All right? In fact, I bet if we hit these suckers in the right combo, we might just open a door to his secret lair." Lucas spoke feeling like he was becoming awkward, he walked over to the piano and began playing a horrible tune"Voilà." He spoke with a slight chuckle "You're such a dork. I thought you were, like, one of the cool kids now." Max questioned as she laughed at him "I'm not cool? I've really missed that." Lucas spoke as they both laughed together "Missed what?" Max questioned "Your laugh." Lucas replied bluntly not wanting to hide it, the tape deck clicked "All done. Work your magic, Kate." Max giggle as she began to put her headphones on before seeing a light start to flicker "I promise I'm gonna stop asking this, but... you're seeing that, right?" Max spoke as the music continued to play "Yeah." Lucas replied with a weary voice. "Look," Dustin shouted as they watched the lights begin to flicker around them.