Chapter Thirty-Six - 416. Rigby

Finally, inside the War zone, the group stood looking around seeing all of the different things they sold, "So much for avoiding angry hicks

Finally, inside the War zone, the group stood looking around seeing all of the different things they sold, "So much for avoiding angry hicks." Robin spoke seeing the store full of anyone you could think of. "Let's be... fast." April spoke walking away from the group first and to where they had clothes for her to change into before she went to the gun wall "Yep. Definitely." Erica spoke with Nancy close behind as they walked to the knives leaving Steve and Robin looking at gasoline. "How many of these do you think we need?" Robin asked putting some into the cart "Five or six." Steve replied noticing Vickie across the room "What are you gonna do? Stand and gawk?" Steve chuckled continuing to look around the store for April "Shut up." Robin replied as she started to walk again to find more stuff. "How much is this?" April asked holding a 416 Rigby a good that Billy had that she had always loved "$120.99, but I'll throw in 20 rounds of buckshot for ya." The clerk replied admiring April holding the gun in confidence before a second voice interrupted the air "Hey, can I see this real pretty .357, please?" the voice spoke causing April to almost stop in her tracks, Eddie was right. Jason was here. She glanced over to him holding the gun tight to herself with her best fake smile "Sure thing. Here you go, son." The clerk spoke handing the pistol to Jason who held it comfortably in his hand before spotting April "Thank you. April Wheeler. Wouldn't expect to find you here. You finally escaped the killer and coming to protect yourself?" Jason spoke stepping closer to her causing April to smirk softly "Yeah, well, it's just... scary times." She spoke turning causing her coat to jingle as she moved, "I'm... sorry about Chrissy." April added her smirk still strong on her face, Steve spotting them from the other side of the store walking towards them slowly "Want my advice? Rifles are not good for much of anything past killing game animals. I mean, they got power, sure, and a lot of range. And that's just gonna force you into close-range combat, then someone can just grab that barrel like this... and redirect it." Jason spoke grabbing it and forcing it down in her hands causing her to let out a gasp as she looked up at him "I know. I own a few rifles, shotguns, and pistols. I don't need your advice." She spoke sweetly trying to keep her cool "Well, you look nervous." Jason spoke suddenly letting go of it causing her to stumble back a little "Like I said, scary times." She spoke with a half-smile "Now, your brother, he, uh... is he here with you, by chance?" Jason spoke causing April to frown at him "Mike?" She spoke in a whisper "Mike. No. I only ask because he's... he's in Hellfire, isn't he?" Jason continued causing April to step back again only to feel his hand grab her arm and pull her back close "I don't know what you're talking about." April replied her frown still strong on her face "Eddie? Your boyfriend. Where is he?" He spoke keeping a tight grip on her arm as she tried to wiggle out "Eddie isn't my boyfriend, so fuck off and leave me alone." April spoke finally wrapping her arm from his grip stumbling backward "I'm not so sure of that." Jason spoke but went quiet when Steve appeared behind her back wrapping an arm around her waist and pulling her in "Is he bothering you, Angel?" Steve spoke as April shook her head "This one is perfect" She spoke with a sweet smile laying her head against his arm watching as Steve pulled out his wallet causing Jason to back away. They finished in the store and all walked with speed back to the motorhome "What the hell is taking so long?" Dustin spoke checking the time on his watch when the door opened and April ran in holding a pistol and a rifle in her small arms followed by Steve, Robin, Erica, and Nancy "What happened?" Lucas spoke looking at the look on April's face as she sat down next to Eddie "Your old friends are here." Erica spoke sitting at the back of the motor home "shit!" Lucas spoke watching as everyone sat down "Let's go! Let's go!" Dustin shouted to Steve "I'm going! I'm going! Sit down!" Steve shouted before he began to drive. April looked at Eddie with a slight frown "You was right" She whispered as he looked down at her "You did guys did what I said?" Eddie asked hearing Steve's voice echo from the driver's seat "Exactly what you asked" Steve spoke with a deep sign as they drove down the road.

April currently sat sawing the end of Nancy's shotgun off with Max at her side and Nancy sat in front of her "Is this legal?" Max spoke with a small sigh as she held the other end of the gun steady so April could cut a clean line. She stopped for a second and smirked at Max "Actually, I think it's a felony." April spoke with a soft giggle "Right." Max spoke looking at Nancy who waited "But it guarantees one thing. I won't miss." Nancy smirked back at Max watching as April got through the last bit of the metal before hitting it with the wood on her saw as it hit the floor with a clang. "How's she feeling?" Dustin asked watching as Eddie messed around with his homemade shield with nails in it "Light. But durable. Deadly. But reliable." Eddie replied swinging it around in his hand getting the movement of it causing Dustin to laugh as he turned looking at him "Hear me now. There will be no more retreating..." Eddie spoke with a dramatic tone letting his free hand into the air "...from Eddie the Banished." Eddie added in his normal tone and turned as Dustin grabbed his shield and stood up "Hey, you're really ready for bat-tle." Dustin spoke as he chuckled "You get it? "Bat-tle." B-A-T. No? I thought I had a good one." Dustin added looking down for a minute, Eddie placed his shield down before rugby tackling Dustin as they stumbled around the field "What are you doing?" Dustin shouted over his shoulder being overcome by Eddie's strength yet still trying to hold his ground "You son of a bitch!" Eddie spoke in a grunt as Dustin got out from under him and ran at him causing Eddie to find the perfect opportunity to wedgie him "No wedgies! No wedgies!" Dustin squeaked as Eddie stood up holding the back of his head in his hands "Never change, Dustin Henderson. Promise me?" Eddie spoke with a laugh as he spoke "I wasn't planning on it." He replied tapping Eddie's chest "Good. Good." Eddie replied with an even stronger chuckle "Good." Dustin replied as he began to chuckle too enjoying the moment. Eddie pulled away from the hug and walked closer to Lucas and Erica "ey, Sinclairs. How are those, uh... those spears coming on?" Eddie shouted receiving a smile and a thumbs up from Lucas. 

"Flip that damn thumb around," Erica spoke with a giggle "What?" Lucas replied looking at his sister in confusion causing Erica to drop her spear and take his from his hands "It's too loose, Lucas. This isn't a basketball game where they blow the whistle when your shoes fall off." Erica spoke as she started to undo his spear so she could do it tight "Okay, okay, for the record, my shoes never fell off." Lucas spoke watching her "Okay, for the record, it's kinda hard for your shoes to fall off when you're riding the bench." Erica smirked as she spoke keeping her eyes on the spear "Yet, for some reason, you show up to every game." Lucas spoke knowing she was always there for him "Mmm, except the one that mattered. Plus, Mom and Dad forced me." She spoke finally looking up to meet his eyes "Bull. Mom and Dad can't force you to do shit." Lucas spoke with a deep frown "Well, even though you're a bench-riding loser, you're still my brother. Just the facts." Erica spoke as she began to tighten the knife to the stick. Robin and Steve sat filling up empty glass bottles with gas and fabric "It just doesn't make sense." Steve spat out "What doesn't make sense?" Robin asked confused as she continued to fill the glass "That was Dan Shelter. He graduated, like, two years ago." Steve replied watching the bottle fill "So?" Robin spoke as she pulled the gas can away having filled the bottle enough "So he's in college. Which means he was visiting on spring break. Fast Times was returned, like, I don't know, a week ago? Right? Unless she's got some horndog brother we don't know about. Which is possible. Or she's just really into Judge Reinhold?" Steve spoke as he began to ramble trying to find any reason that meant that Vickie liked Robin. "Steve." Robin spoke trying to talk "Nah. What?" Steve spoke finally meeting her eyes "I don't care. I don't understand why you do either with everything that's going on. Honestly, this feels like a perfect time for that little pull of the rug because... in the face of the world ending, the stakes of my love life feel spectacularly low." Robin spoke pulling on and snapping one of Steve's heartstrings, specifically the one for April. "Yeah. I mean, I get you there, but... I still have hope." Steve spoke passing her the bottle now with the fabric stuffed into the top of it "Not everything has a happy ending" Robin spoke placing it down next to the other filled bottles "Yeah, yeah, believe me, I know." Steve spoke picking up another empty bottle with a chuckle, the two of them scanning the grass, Nancy and Max using the now sawn-off shotgun, April swung over Eddie's shoulder as he and Dustin pretended to fight as Erica and Lucas swung the spears about "I'm not talking about failed romance. I just... I have this terrible, gnawing feeling that... it might not work out for us this time." Robin spoke filling the new bottle with gas "You think we shouldn't be doing this?" Steve replied bluntly meeting her eyes "I think we're mad fools, the lot of us, but... but if we don't stop him, who will? We have to try, right?" Robin spoke looking back up at him "Yeah. To killing Vecna." Steve spoke holding the bottle up as Robin picked up another "Slash Henry." Robin replied tipping it towards him "Slash One." Steve added as they clinked the two glass bottles together.