Chapter Twenty - Princess! Hey.

"Hey, Dustin, this is Eddie the Banished. You there?" Eddie shouted down the radio, He wasn't really worried about April he knew where ever she was she would be safe but that didn't stop the worries he had, "Dustin, can you hear me? Dustin? Earth to Dustin." Eddie shouted again causing April to wake from her almost dead sleep, "Hey baby, are you okay?" April's whispery voice spoke through the radio as Eddie let out a giggle close to a little kid hearing her voice. "Princess! Hey. Um, I'm gonna need a food delivery, like, really soon, unless you want me going out into the world." Eddie spoke readily for her reply he knew he was going to get especially the way she sounded when she was tired and annoyed "No. No, no, no baby. Don't do that. Stay where you are, and I'll be there as soon as we can." April spoke, her voice slightly louder and full of frustration with him, Eddie loved it. "Yeah, yeah, yeah. Listen, um... can you pick me up a six-pack? I know, it's stupid as shit, drinking right now, but a cold beer would really calm my jangled nerves" He spoke causing April to roll her eyes "I'll get it you baby" She spoke before she turned noting Max had gone... "Hey, I'm gonna have to call you back Baby." April spoke as the radio went dead "No, don't you da... Baby? April?" Eddies voice echoed out of the radio as April crawled towards Dustin "Dustin!" April whispered to Dustin "Mm" He spoke before hitting his head on the solid glass of the tv. "Wake up." April repeated this time getting more agitated "What?" Dustin spoke tiredly "Aren't you supposed to be on Max's watch?" She spoke her voice was so close to a shout "Yep. Yep, yep, yep. Sorry." Dustin replied to April his eyes squinting slightly "Then where is she?" April spoke gesturing to the empty sofa next to them "She's right there. A second ago. I swear, I just dozed off for..." Dustin spoke glancing down at his watch "...an hour." He spoke throwing his head back again.

April walked out into the kitchen with her parents in there making breakfast, taking a deep breath when seeing max sta in front of her at the table "Morning, guys. Is everything okay? April where have you been?" Her mother asked causing her to shake her head and come up with a lie on the spot "I erm... Used Nancy's ticket and went with Mike, But Max called so I came back but Yeah. Yeah, everything's okay." April spoke placing her hand on her hip with a fake smile "I think it's so sweet that you guys are sticking together like this." Her mother spoke pushing a strand of April's hair over her shoulder "Could try sticking together at a different house for a change." April's dad spoke as April made her way over to Max "You know you're welcome anytime" her mother spoke to Dustin "Totally. You're like family. May I?" Dustin asked pointing to the plate of pancakes on the kitchen island "Absolutely."Her mother spoke giving Dustin a plate "Yeah, why not? Take us for all we're worth." Her dad added causing Dustin to smirk slightly before " Okay." He spoke cheerily. April sat down next to Max at the table wrapping her arm around the back of Max's chair leaning her head onto her shoulder looking at the drawings she was doing. Max clicked off the tape deck and pulled down her headphones"Hey." Max spoke feeling April's fingers run circles across her back "Hey. Are you okay?" April asked glancing up at Max who sighed lightly "Just couldn't sleep. People kept blasting music in my ears, for some reason." Max spoke with a soft chuckle causing April to giggle back "But Holly let me borrow some of her crayons. We've been having fun, right, Holly?" Max spoke talking to April's little sister "Mm-hmm." Holly replied. The air filled with silence as April decided it was time to talk about the pictures she had drawn. "Is this what you saw last night?" April asked pointing at the pictures "I mean, it's supposed to be. I thought it'd be easier to draw it out than to explain it, but... Not so much." Max spoke as April sat up in the chair pulling a picture of the mangled people in the trees closer to her "Is that...?" April spoke softly taking the picture in "It was like they were on display. And then there was this red fog everywhere. It was like a dream. A nightmare." Max spoke looking at April who was now holding her hand "Do you think Vecna's just trying to scare you?" April asked as Max's face changed, the last thing she wanted to tell her was that Vecna used Billy. 

"With Billy? Yeah. But when I made it here... I dunno, something was different. He seemed surprised, almost. Like he didn't want me there." Max spoke watching as April's face changed at the name of Billy "Maybe you infiltrated his mind. He invaded your mind, right? Is it that big a leap to suggest you somehow wound up in his? Like Freddie Krueger's boiler room." Dustin spoke trying to change the conversation away from billy. "Freddie Krueger?" Holly replied in confusion "He's a super burned-up dude with razors for fingers. And he kills you in your dreams." Dustin spoke causing April to whip around to him "Seriously?" April asked wondering why he is telling her younger sister all of this "Sorry. It's a movie. It's not real. Just... think about it. What if you somehow unlocked a backdoor to Vecna's world? Like, maybe the answer we're looking for is somewhere in this incredibly vague drawing. God, we need Will." Dustin spoke holding up a picture max drew with what looked like a door on it "No shit. But I tried them again this morning, and it's the same busy signal." Max spoke watching as April grabbed the page looking at it closer. "Is this a window?" April asked glancing at Max "Yeah." Max replied looking at her a bit confused "Stained glass with roses." April asked "Yeah. See? I'm not so terrible after all." Max spoke to Dustin with a strong sarcasum in her voice "Yeah, well, it helps that I've seen it before. "It's pieces of a house." Max spoke looking at April confused "Not just any house." April spoke as she began folding the drawings into something close to a house before piling them together "It's Victor Creel's house." April added, "Where are you going?" Dustin asked confused,  "Waking the others." April spoke as she walked away from the table, Dustin went to grab another pancake and smiled "Sorry, fuel for the road. Thanks, Mr. Wheeler!" He spoke before following April with Max close behind.