Chapter Twenty-Two - April Wheeler Has Been Here

"It's like the Christmas lights." April spoke glancing at Steve, April had been at every event that held significant meaning to Hawkins meaning she wasn't left in the dark at the current situation "The Christmas lights?" Robin replied glancing at Nancy "Yeah when Will was in the Upside Down, the lights... came to life." Nancy whispered looking at the light in awe "Vecna's here. In this house." Lucas spoke looking around at the rest of the group. "Just on the other side." He added before the lights suddenly went dim and went out "I think he just left the room." Robin spoke as if she had the magical idea alone yet everyone knew the answer, "Did he hear us?" Max asked glancing at April who looked at her with an unknowing look, "Can he see us?" Steve asked before everyone turned to Max "Headphones." Lucas blurted out, they watched as Max placed them on and began to play music. April held her hand out taking Max's into her own, no matter how scared she was she always wanted Max to know she was there. "Wait, wait. Everyone, turn off your flashlights and spread out." Nancy spoke turning out her torch and holding it up so if the light did turn on she would see right away "We're not gonna be able to see if we turn off our flash... lights." Steve spoke as he watched everyone turn off their torches and begin to walk away "Jesus Christ." He groaned as he walked close behind April. Everyone began to walk the house knowing at least someone would be walking the same path as Vecna was. "I got him! Got him! I got him." Robin shouted, causing everyone all over the house to run to find her but when they fall got there the light went out as fast as it had turned on "I... I had him." Robin spoke as she turned watching, as Steve's torch then turned on "Oh, whoa." he mumbled holding the torch up and began to walk when the light started to dim "Oh, I think he's moving. He's moving. He's moving." Steve spoke as his torch still lit as he walked, the group followed him up the stairs before it went out "shit. I lost him." Steve groaned and turned, Max, let go of April's hand and walked to a door "No, you didn't. It's an attic." She spoke as she pulled open the door and began to walk in followed by Steve, "Of course, it's an attic." Robin spoke as she followed in joined by Nancy, April, and Lucas. "Hold up, guys. What if he's leading us into a trap? Guys, guys. shit. shit, shit, shit, shit." Dustin spoke as he ran up the attic stairs behind everyone.

"Dude, he's not here, seriously." One of the jocks spoke lifting the mattress in Rick's house in one of the bedrooms "Shut up and keep looking." Jason spoke before noticing something red under the bed, he leaned down pulling it out to see it was a pair of red lace thongs "April Wheeler has been here" Jason smirked knowing that Eddie was either here or definitely had been here. Jason turned to look at the boat garage from the bedroom window. "Dustin? Princess? April? Please. Are... Are you there? Never mind." Eddie spoke as he ran to the boat. Patrick walked the house before hearing the clock chime, he turned to look before feeling Jason slam into the side of him "Come with me. April was here" Jason spoke as he and Patrick walked to the garage, Jason kicked open the door to be grated with no boat as Eddie had already begun to escape he stayed low in the boat trying to row away. "Holy shit. Hey, freak! Where do you think you're going? Where is April? Is she dead too?" Jason shouted to Eddie who groaned in frustration "shit." Eddie mumbled, he watched in the corner of his eye as Jason and Patrick began to get undressed ready to swim in after him. Eddie turned trying his hardest to get the boat engine to work, he just wanted to get out of here and knew he would have been calmer if April was there, "Come on!" Eddie mumbled as the engine continued to splutter "Just come on..." He shouted at the engine in complete frustration "You scared of some water? Let's go!" Jason spoke to Patrick who was still in his shirt and pants while Jason was almost to his boxers, "...you piece of shit!" Eddie spoke now with his leg on the side of the boat trying to pull the cord further to hopefully start it yet it still spluttered, "Come on. Gotta help me out here, man. Come on. Come on, you piece of shit!" He continued as he got a single rev from it "Come on! Goddamn it! Nope? Okay. All right. Okay. shit. shit" Eddie spoke as he grab his wood to row and began to ore as fast as he could yet both Jason and Patrick were not far behind.

The group had made it out into the attic watching as the dingle light lit on and off "Flashlights." Dustin spoke as each flashlight began to light up as they all stood under the light, April hid slightly behind Steve knowing whatever was happening wasn't good. "Okay, what's happening?" Steve spoke as he wrapped his free arm around April's waist to hold her close in case anything happened so he could grab her and run. Each torch buzzed a second behind each other all flashing in a different order, yet little did they know where they currently stood was the home of Vecna in the upside-down, that exact spot he was hovering over ready to take his next victim.

Patrick had suddenly stopped swimming when the sound of the clock began to play again, he looked around in confusion as Jason continued to swim forward "Hey, stay back, man! Stay back! Stay back!" Eddie shouted swinging the ore in his hands to try and stop Jason and Patrick from getting don't he boat "Come on. We almost have him." Jason spoke as he stopped turning to Patrick who just floated in the water as the clock continued to chime, "Hey, Patrick. Patrick! Patrick!" Jason shouted as Vecna woke with a loud snarl as the clock began getting louder in Patrick's ears. Before suddenly Patrick went under the water, Eddie stood in confusion still holding the ore as he looked around, and Jason began to panic in the water wondering where he had gone "Patrick. Hey, Patrick. Hey, Patrick. Patrick!" Jason shouted before Patrick flew out of the water into the air the same as Chrissy did, his boned beginning to crack. Back in the Creel's house ll of the torches began to shatter causing Steve to pull April closer as she screamed at the current loud smashes. Patrick's bones continued to crack before his eyes burst before being dropped straight back into the water, throughout this whole situation Eddie had called backward of his boat.