Chapter Thirty-Seven - Make Him Pay.

The group where pilled into the motorhome ready for a battle that could make or break everything, Steve drove with Nancy in the passenger seat. April, Eddie, and Dustin sat on the sofa bed at the back, April cuddled up to Eddie with their weapons on the floor and Dustin sat holding his shield and spear. Max, Erica, and Lucas sat at the table quietly watching out the window with Robin sitting behind the driver's seat. The silence was eerie with the odd sound of Max's cassette playing, They pulled up to the Creel house with Erica and Lucas getting out straight away. Max walked up to April sharing a hug that felt like it could be the last one, April left a kiss on her cheek sharing a look of love and hope before watching as Max got off closing the door behind her as the motor home began to drive as they entered the house together. Feeling the full weight of everything on their shoulders, on Max's shoulders.

The group sat just outside of the trailer park going over the plan one last time "Okay. I wanna run through it one more time. Phase one." Nancy spoke trying to take control of the situation "We meet Erica at the playground. She'll signal Max and Lucas when we're ready." Robin replied to Nancy as everyone nodded along "Phase two."Nancy spoke "Max baits Vecna. He'll go after her, which'll put him in his trance." Steve spoke looking up at the group "Phase three?" Nancy spoke looking at April "Eddie and Dustin will draw the bats away and I shoot" April spoke looking down at Dustin who nodded "Four?" Nancy spoke yet again "We head into Vecna's newly bat-free lair, and... flambé." Robin spoke shaking the gas-filled bottles as April through Steve her lighter. "Nobody moves on to the next phase until we've all copied. Nobody deviates from the plan, no matter what. Got it?" Nancy spoke locking eyes with each of them "Got it" They all answered at the same time as April and Eddie shared a deep smirk "We got it baby" Eddie whispered into her ear. The whole group gathered their things making their way to the trailer, once inside everyone took off their bags and watched as Steve got ready to go first "Be careful." Dustin spoke to Steve who had grabbed onto the rope "Thanks, buddy." Steve replied as he began to climb up "Here goes nothing." Steve spoke as he made his way through with a grunt flipping himself from the rope so he didn't hurt himself before looking into the hole as April fake clapped "What does he want us to do, applaud?" Robin spoke before rolling her eyes at April's sarcasm, Steve pulled the mattress under the robe ready for everyone to come through "All right. Let's go." Steve spoke readily for the next person to come through. Nancy went next, followed by bags and guns before Eddie went, then April, Dustin, and Robin last, once everyone was through and ready the group walked out standing once again inside the upside-down. "Hey, guys, listen. If things here start to go south, I mean, at all, you abort. Okay? Draw the attention of the bats. Keep 'em busy for a minute or two. We'll take care of Vecna. Don't try to be cute or be a hero or something. Okay? You guys are just..." Steve spoke looking at Dustin, Eddie, and April who stood with her rifle in hand "Decoys." April spoke with a smirk "Don't worry. You can be the hero, Steve." Dustin spoke staring at Steve "Absolutely. I mean, look at us. We are not heroes." Eddie spoke causing April to smack his chest "You two aren't but I definitely am" She joked with a giggle as Nancy, Robin, and Steve began to walk away "Hey, Steve? Make him pay." Eddie spoke meeting eyes with Steve "We got this" April replied with a sweet smile. before the three began to make their way towards the creel house ready to fuck Vecna up. 

Max, Erica, and Lucas were currently scoping out the Creel house with bug lights trying to find where Vecna could be barefooted to make as little sound as they could know he was there and most definitely could hear them. They walked every room trying to find him when Erica found him in the living room, she wrote on her paper and went to find Lucas and Max. She brought the down and showed them the light ready to start Phase one. Erica wrote it on the paper and showed Lucas before leaving the house and running to the playground ready to start phase one with her torch. Jason was currently shooting at targets trying to get some practice in with his new pistol "Hey" One of the jocks called out as they ran up to him "I think we got something" The jock continued "Send Ryan" Jason replied not lifting his head to look at them. "I don't wanna waste any more time with bullshit leads" Jason continued as he checked his bullets "I don't think you'll wanna send Ryan on this one" The jock continued causing Jason to turn to him "You know the murder house on Morehead?" The jock spoke watching as Jason's eyes lit up slightly "Yeah" Jason replied thinking about what was being said, "What about it?" Jason added.