Chapter Three - What a Night

Eddie made April pancakes for breakfast, they were nice but weren't exactly a dinner pancake

Eddie made April pancakes for breakfast, they were nice but weren't exactly a dinner pancake. He drove her home to change before driving her to school, they were going to go to the video store again after school, April couldn't wait to tell her friends about last night, and Eddie couldn't wait to tell everyone who asked that saw him with April last night. Although April wasn't popular well who really was? April didn't mind Eddie telling people, what did she have to hide that she likes Eddie? That her and Steve will never happen? April smiled at Eddie as the van stopped abruptly outside the school, April looked at him and laughed "maybe don't try and kill me" she spoke as she picked up the large bag and placed it on her lap as she turned slightly, she pulled the handle on the door before she could jump out Eddie stood there smiling up at her. April grabbed his shoulder as she hopped down Eddie's hands holding her tight so she didn't fall, he kissed her head lightly before he pulled back passing her, her bag. "I'll see you later princess" He spoke as he walked over to the school doors and pushed them open watching as he turned April stood next to his van waiting for her friends. Eddie's heart did an almost flip as he realized April wasn't embarrassed by him, well she couldn't be if she is waiting at his van for her friends. She looked beautiful in every way like she always did. Eddie found his friends Gareth, Jeff, Dustin, and Mike. "Soooo?" Gareth spat out putting Eddie in front of the others with him. "Mike said she didn't go home" He added as a smirk grew on Eddie's face. "We watched a movie, we listened to music and danced and sang, we had a little smoke and then went to bed. Nothing else" Eddie spoke looking at Gareth "nothing else? You refrained yourself when sharing a bed with April Wheeler?!" He spoke in shock. Eddie nodded, "we just kinda held each other, we worked well together. And well... we are doing it again tonight" Eddie added as he glanced at Gareth "Eddie Munson is dating April Wheeler?!?" He spoke possibly too loud causing everyone to stop and turn, "we aren't dating... not yet" He assured everyone as he carried on walking. Mike approached him "Did you look after my sister?" Mike asked, he turned to Eddie and after a long think last night he knew that Eddie would care for April and would be a better love than anyone else. Mike even covered for April saying she stayed at Jennifer's house to study. "You covered for her didn't you?' Eddie asked Mike causing him to nod "I did but tomorrow I'm going to see my Girlfriend El so I can't cover for much longer, April will have to tell Nancy... if she plans on staying over" Mike spoke, he was like 95% sure Nancy would cover for April, even more, sure that Nancy would tell her parents the truth. April as far as Karen and Ted Wheeler think, April has never had a boyfriend and well she is as holy as they come. Everyone but her parents knew April wasn't holy, and Billy had that and luckily kind of took it to the grave for her. To protect her.

April knew her brother had covered for her, making her even more nervous when she saw Nancy's car pull up into the spot next to her. She sighed and rubbed her eyes as she walked over to Nancy, her sister. "How were Jennifers? Was Max okay?" Nancy asked grabbing her bag, although she was meant to be going to see her boyfriend with Mike she changed her mind, she was so close to college and didn't want to risk it. "Nanc..." April spoke as she leaned on the open door "I'm seeing Eddie... Eddie Munson... Mike lied for me and I'm not sure why? Nothing happened, it was innocent we fell asleep watching a movie" She spoke readily for her sister to possibly even explode. Nancy nodded "Really April? It's not going to kill me, I'm not a snitch. Remember me and Steve?" April laughed, her sister was a snitch a goody two shoes if you will, Steve was a secret as he would climb into her window not because she would sleep at his house, no way would that have ever happened. Well, Jonathan wasn't a secret so anything could happen there and that's what the Wheeler parents were worried about. "Can you just cover again for me tonight as I think Mike had the d&d club then that's it Nanc that's all I ask" April pleaded. Her sister nodded "don't push it A" she spoke before walking into the school with her bag, April squeaked slightly as she walked slightly behind Nancy, she stopped when she saw her friends clapping. "What?" April spoke as she looked at them, unaware that Eddie was burning his eyes into her skin. "You and Eddie? Talk of the school. Hottest girl in Hawkins dating the Freak" Laura spoke as April shook her head "He isn't a freak so drop it, he liked the same things as me, same movies, same music, he loves to sing. We had a little smoke. That's all" April spoke as she crossed her arms her anger visible to the world on her face. She turned and walked to Eddie. "Can I hang with you today? My friends are being kind of dicks" He whispered as he nodded wrapping an arm around her waist as they walked together, April flipped off her friends as she continued to walk. Eddie laughed down at her as she glanced up. She moved away and walked to his side, she knew Mike probably didn't enjoy his sister now probably going to end up dating his friend. Mike and Dustin both slipped into their classes and once April got outside of Eddie's class she smiled up at him, "Mr. Munson?" She spoke as she looped her fingers over his chin pulling him to look at her "have a good class" she whispered laying a soft peck on his lips before she carried on down the hall to try and make her class on time.

April sat at the hellfire table for lunch, sitting in Dustin's seat just her and Eddie, the other males came into the cafeteria with their food sitting down too. April glanced at Eddie brushing her leg against his, April's guilt grew inside her like a fire, but it was the last time for her and Steve... she promised herself that. She smiled up at Eddie as she began to eat, watching her friends at the other table become unnoticed because she wasn't there. They also saw quietly watching over the hellfire table. "Lucas has to do his, uh balls-in-laundry-basket game so..." Dustin spoke with a nervous chuckle lingering in his voice "he's not going to be able to make it to hellfire tonight... and I know there is no way we can beat your sadistic campaign without him, so me and Mike where talking... shooting the shit and we were thinking that maybe we might..." Dustin spoke the nervousness shifting to his face "postpone" Mike spat out as April sat back watching the table near enough go up in flames over the idea of postponing, "shut up" Eddie spat out taking April back slightly with the anger in his voice. The table grew quiet as April frowned slightly, "you're saying Sinclair has been taken in by the dark side?" Eddie questioned as he gripped April's leg slightly under the table. "Uh.. something like that" Mike said sharing a look with his sister of help up, "something like that?" Eddie questioned with a frown throwing a handful of peanuts at both Dustin and Mike "Jesus christ" Dustin mumbled trying to dodge each one. "And rather than find a sub for him, you want... want to postpone? The cult of Vecna?" Eddie asked leaning closer to the two males. "I... I don't want to postpone it. We don't want to postpone it. It's just that, you know, most of the subs will be at the championship game." Mike spoke trying his best to keep Dustin under his wing. "Oh, it's the championship game?" Eddie asked his voice thick with sarcasm "Yeah?" Mike spoke glancing at everyone on the table pleading for help with his eyes. "Can I level with you? Jeff graduates this year. Gareth's got, what? A year and a half? Me, I am army-crawling my way towards both your sister and a D in Ms. O'Donnell's. If I don't blow her final, I'm gonna walk that stage next month, I'm gonna look principal Higgins dead in the eye, I'm gonna flip him the bird, I'm gonna snatch that diploma. I'm gonna run like hell outta here with April" Eddie spoke causing everyone but Mike to laugh at the table.

"Didn't you say that last year?" Gareth asked, "And the year before?" Jeff added both sharing a glance before watching Eddie who was now standing in the middle of the cafeteria. "Yeah, yeah, and I was full of shit. This year is different. This year is my year. I can feel it, I'm close to finished, I have the hottest girl in Hawkins. '86, baby" Eddie chuckled as the others laughed, Mike began to smirk at the whole situation. "You know what that means? It means you boys are the future of hellfire. I knew it the moment I saw you" Eddie spoke wrapping his arms around both Dustin's and mikes shoulders. "You sat on that table right over there, looking like..." Eddie spoke before April's voice cut the testosterone air like a knife "Looking like two little lost sheep" She spoke staring at her brothers, Dustin may not be blood-related but he was like a little brother to April. "Took the words out my mouth princess" He spoke as he turned to Dustin "You were wearing a weird AL T-shirt, which I thought was brave." Eddie spoke giving Dustin a slight squeeze, "Thank you" Dustin spoke as he looked down in slight embarrassment "Mike, you were wearing whatever shit your mommy bought you from goddamn gap" Eddie spoke as the table erupted in laughter "Hey Eddie... That's my mom too" April pouted causing Eddie to let out a strong wicked chuckle. Eddie suddenly pulled both Dustin and mike up from the table "and we showed you that school didn't have to be the worst years of your lives, right?" he spoke into their ears "No" Mike spoke back glancing at Eddie, "Okay, no, no. well, I'm here to tell you that there are other little lost sheepies out there who need help. Who needs you. And all you guys gotta do is get your Bo-Peeps on and go find one." Eddie spoke as he pushed the two boys who began to run out to find a sub for Lucas.