Chapter Twenty-Three - Hold Tight, Baby.

Police began to make their way towards the scene of Patrick's death they stopped when they found one of the jocks sitting outside, "Where is he?" Powell asked. The officers all ran towards where Jason was all slightly out of breath before finding him breathing shakily as he held a manipulated version of Patrick, "Where was Eddie when that happened?" Officer Powell asked once they were inside with a warm towel around Jason "Wha... Wait, what?" Jason replied confused "Eddie. Where was Eddie when you saw this?" The officer asked again leaning close to Jason "He... He was in the... in the boat, like I said." Jason spoke as he looked at the two officers in front of him "Right." Powell replied bluntly.  "Right. Right. But then, uh..." The other officer spoke trying to use the right words for what he wanted to ask before clicking his tongue "...who lifted Patrick out of the water?" The officer continued causing Jason to look up at him confused as to why he had been asked the same thing about a hundred times "What... You're not listening to me. Why aren't you listening to me?" Jason asked as his eyes bounced from the Officer and back to Powell "Jason, we are listening." Powell replied trying to defuse the situation "No, you're not. You're not. Eddie, he's... Eddie is a vessel. Just a vessel." Jason spoke almost convinced by every word that was leaving his mouth "A vessel?" Powell spoke confused as he looked at the officer to make sure he was writing "For Satan. He's made a pact with the devil. Now he has his powers. Powers to Kill and Powers of Spells, why else would April Wheeler be so in love with that freak, how else could he kill people in the air... I saw it" Jason continued seeing everything clear in his mind "You don't believe me." Jason spoke locking eyes with Powell "We're just, uh, processing all of this, that's all. Okay?" Powell replied causing the other officer to nod before Jason leaned forward on the table and sighed "Yeah. How do you expect to stop the devil if you don't believe he's real?" Jason asked.

In the morning the Hawkins group got ready to fill Eddie in with some of the worst news he could receive little did they know that Eddie had made his way to a work site with the hopes that someone would have left a radio out for him to take, "Oh

In the morning the Hawkins group got ready to fill Eddie in with some of the worst news he could receive little did they know that Eddie had made his way to a work site with the hopes that someone would have left a radio out for him to take, "Oh. Hey, Eric. I'm taking five." A worker spoke as he walked towards the toilet removing his worker belt. "You just took five." Eric replied as he looked through the blueprints for the build "Yeah, well, tell Milo to take it easy on the onions next time." The worker replied as he continued to walk before slamming his belt onto the back of a truck filled with wooden pallets, Eddie waited till the bathroom door was closed before grabbing the radio and making a run for somewhere safe to hide. The group was in Nancy's car making their way to Rick's house to drop April off and give them the food they needed, "Not to be a wimp, but can I sit in the car? 'Cause, this is gonna totally and royally suck." Robin spoke to April who sat in the back with Max "It'll be fine. Eddie will be fine as long as I tell him" April replied to Robin "I can't stand to see those dull eyes of Eddie's break again. I really, really can't." Robin spoke as April nodded and laid her head back against the seat. "At least he can drink himself into feeling better." Steve spoke before getting April's thin hand smacked against the back of his head, "That's what my mom does." Max replied as she also leaned back closing her eyes "Why don't we give it a trial? 'Hey, Eddie. Uh, good news first this time. We got you some Dustin-approved junk food and that six-pack you requested, Oh yeah, and we found Vecna. The bad news is that he's in that other, darker, much scarier dimension, and the gate's closed, so we have no way of getting to him. He's entirely shut off to us, so basically you're screwed. And, no, I know you were already screwed, but now you're doubly, triply screwed.' Can you say that April" Robin asked causing April to roll her eyes "Wait? Maybe we don't put it like that." Lucas spoke to Robin who sighed slightly, "'We're one step closer to finding Vecna.' That's what we say. That's what's important." April spoke as she played with the rings on her finger, "See, Robin? Positive spin can make all the difference." Steve spoke as he moved his arm around the back of April's chair and gave her arm a slight rub, Although he couldn't have April he still wanted to comfort her as it was clear she was a little upset. "Uh-huh." Robin spoke before looking out the window knowing they were close, "Oh shit." Nancy spoke as they pulled up to the house surrounded by officers and reporters.

They pulled up and all jumped out and ran behind one of the reporter trucks to hide as they listened "Nothing to see. Just step back a little. All right? This way. As many of you know, the Roane County line received a call a little after midnight... reporting a homicide here on the lake. Officer Callahan here and I arrived first on the scene. We made our way to the shore of Lover's Lake, about ten yards from that house you see behind me. It was there that we found the victim, an 18-year-old senior from Hawkins High, Patrick McKinney. His limbs... Oh my God. ...His body was disfigured..." Powell spoke as he glanced at the cameras, while Nancy and April's parents sat at the TV watching "What are we even doing? I mean, where is the FBI?" Ted spoke to Karen confused as to why nothing was getting done, Powell, sighed "There was an eyewitness on the scene..." Powell spoke as he read from his paper "That's what I want to know. We got a serial killer on the loose." Ted continued.  "We have also identified a person of interest. Eddie Munson. We encourage anyone with information to please come forward." Powell spoke as April turned to the group her eyes filled with tears as she sobbed quietly, she started to walk towards the car before feeling Steve wrap her into a hug she used his chest to cry into it was a cry that no one wanted to hear... A cry that could haunt anyone. "Oh, man. This is not good. Really not good." Steve spoke rubbing April's back with Max rubbed April's arm. "You've got a lot of questions, and I'm going to answer as many as I can. Two o'clock at town hall, where anyone from the Hawkins community is welcome. But right now, I've got work to do, and I appreciate your understanding." Powell continued as April only began to cry harder her muffled squeaks escaping through Steve as a reporter began to speak "Is Eddie still in Hawkins? We heard he may have a lover who is here in Hawkins". Suddenly Dustin's radio picked up another one "Dustin, can you hear me? Baby?" Eddie's voice spoke from the radio, April ripped herself away from Steve and grabbed the radio. She turned it down before wiping her tears as her broken voice began to speak "Baby. Holy shit. Are you okay?" She asked with soft sniffles that echoed to Eddie, "Nah, princess. Pretty... Pretty goddamn far from okay." Eddie spoke as April's eyes began to well up again "Where is he?" Nancy whispered to April "Where are you? She asked "Skull Rock. Do you know it?" Eddie replied as April nodded to herself with a half-smile "Uh, yeah of course. That's near Cornwallis and..." April spoke trying to think "Garrett, yeah. I know where that is." Steve spoke causing April to grin up to him as she held the radio close "Hold tight, Baby. We're coming. We're coming." April spoke before the radio went dead. Eddie put the radio down and began to rub his face just hearing April's voice made him feel safe.