𝟑.

10:48am

It'd been an hour since I woke up. I'm still laying in Will's bed behind him, hand in hand with him as he sleeps peacefully. It's like I can sense when he opens his eyes, without looking at his face, when I speak.

"You wanna talk about it?" Is all I have to say for him to understand, other than the fact that he probably forgot I went in bed with him last night and presumably got scared for a moment just now.

"No, not really..." Will mumbles tiredly, and I let go of his hand quickly yet casually before he can notice.

"Okay... you okay, though?"

"Y-yes." He nods, and I get out of bed since he's awake and I don't feel the need to be there anymore.

"Well... you can talk to me about it when you're ready... if it's a big thing." I reassure him, leaving to go to the bathroom afterwards.

Today, I plan on hanging out with my friends, Troy and Lucas since they arrived in their dorms the other night, though we didn't speak much since then since I've been busy with my own dorm. Everything was already unpacked by the time I arrived, but I suppose I just wanted to get to know Will a little before doing anything else. I brush my teeth briefly and exit the bathroom, going to our walk-in closet and finding clothes since I'm half-naked.

After getting dressed, I go to Will with a smile lingering on my lips, hands in my pockets.

"I'm going to have breakfast out with my friends. Is that okay?"

"Yes." He says and returns the smile, which is my signal to leave.

Will Byers

I didn't get much sleep last night. Maybe Mike didn't notice it since he was sleeping but I was awake, mainly because of how flustered I was with his warm skin against my back.

I get up and notice the three boxes still in front of my bed, realising I should probably unpack them so that I don't end up procrastinating forever - besides, now is a perfect time since Mike left the dorm. I go to the bathroom to use the toilet and brush my teeth, then return to the bedroom to unload the remaining boxes.

. . .

Finally, after I finish, I realise that I haven't called mom in a while, so I pick up the phone.

"Hey, mom." I smile.

"Hey, honey. How're you holding up?? Did you eat okay?"

"Yeah, mom. Don't worry about that. I... met my roommate too."

"Oh? Has he been nice?"

"Yeah! He even plays DND." I say happily, memories from yesterday's campaign running through my mind.

"That game you used to play with cousin Eddie?" She asks.

"Mhm! I was completely baffled when I found out. He doesn't seem the type to play fantasy games."

"Oo. Well, he seems nice!"

"He is! Anyway, what about you. You okay, mom?"

"Yeah, I'm fine. I just came home from a meeting and was about to take a nap since I left the house at like 6."