𝟒𝟏.

Mike Wheeler

The fact that the bottle is taking so long to slow down isn't helping with the amount of anxiety I have right now.

I know. Just seconds ago I said I was at ease after kissing Max, but she definitely isn't the worst option. For the wrong reason, of course- I hated kissing her and I never want to do it again but the problem is I might get Will this time.

Then what do I do?

I eye the bottle and feel my hands starting to sweat.

No.

No, it's not going to be Will.

I keep on worrying for absolutely no reason. If I get him, nobody can blame me for getting uncomfortable anyway because first of all, he's a boy, and secondly, I didn't even agree to playing this game in the first place.

Besides.

Despite everyone that's watching, I might still enjoy it.

I exhale softly yet anxiously when the movement of the bottle slows, not daring to avert my gaze from it. When it finally stops, I turn my gaze to the person it lands on- my lips parting in surprise is inevitable.

Fuck, I jinxed myself.

Will.

"Uh..." I meet his eyes and gulp, not having enough courage to break the eye contact - even though I'm not looking, I can sense the smirks and wide-eyed gazes that the rest of the party have playing on their faces.

"Uhh..." He repeats, and I look down at my lap before looking back at Will again.

I blink and lean in slowly, swallowing again before meeting his lips.

It takes not even a second for the warm feeling in my heart to set in. We are not even in this room anymore. We are on that very hill with his soft, pure lips against mine as fireworks explode above us in the starry night sky. It feels as if nobody is around to watch us anymore. It's just me and Will.

This sensation of euphoria feels so surreal to me. It's as if I need someone to pinch me for assurance. It doesn't even feel like I'm actually kissing William Byers - but rather that I'm stuck in a dream.

Ow.

I furrow my brows slightly in pain and release the kiss, looking at my arm to see that...

Will is pinching it.

I jinxed myself again.

"Um." I finally look at the rest of the party - everyone's mouths agape. God, this is so embarrassing. "Will, your turn." I say- probably stuttering along the way.

Yeah... just pretend you didn't kiss Will for at least over 15 seconds.

"Uh actually- I don't think I wanna play anymore..." Will says and looks down at the ground, and I nod my head in agreement.

"Yeah, screw this game. It's weird." I cross my arms and Lucas cocks his brows at me disbelievingly- I give him a dirty look.

"Fine." He says, smirking at me. "Let's just do something else then- like watch a movie or something."