𝟑𝟒.

Thur. 16th January, 1986 | 19:22pm
Mike Wheeler

I rest my elbow against the aeroplane seat with a huff, a migraine slowly forming when Holly and, my cousin, Richie are obnoxiously playing clapping games like pattycake and what not.

Why did he have to come...

It's not like I hate him or anything- how could I hate him? I hardly know him.

Well— that's a white lie. Sure, we were never close but I first met him when I was around two years old - when he was born.

That's beside the point though, the plane engine is giving me a massive headache as it is and having Richie and my younger sister's loud chatter overlapping it isn't really helping. These past two weeks weren't that bad since he wasn't really involved in it and instead just hung out with his school friends, but I can't imagine what this next month will be like. Yeah, I'll be at school for majority of it but coming home to him in my living room won't be that awesome.

Again, it's not like I hate him.

I just don't really like him.

...

Sometimes he's funny though.

Richie's parents are out of town so we had no choice but to take him back to Indiana with us since he's too young to look after himself, being an only child and all.

But hey, at least the flight isn't that long, so that means I'll be able to get some real sleep soon. Something I have been able to get because of said person.

I hear static coming from the speaker above me, turning my attention to it before the flight attendant starts to talk.

"Dear passengers, we highly advise that you fasten your seatbelts as we are preparing to land. Due to bipolar weather conditions, the landing may be a little bumpy, which is why we especially value your safety."

The monotoned female voice stops talking and I tighten my seatbelt into the buckle.

Finally.

Will Byers

I'm so glad that my mom agreed to drop me off at the airport, otherwise I wouldn't be able to wait at the gate for my boyfriend to arrive.

God- it still sounds so weird being able to call Mike that.

My lips curve upwards into a smile as his plane's landing is announced on the flight board, causing me to shift in my place even more excitedly than before. I turn to Eleanor, not being able to hide my obnoxious ear-to-ear grin, and she smiles back.

"You missed him, huh?" She asks and I nod.

Okay- be careful about your enthusiasm here. You don't want to sound gay, do you? (a.n. bye i can't read that without it sounding weird HELP)

"I mean- yeah." I shrug. "He's my best friend and I haven't seen him for two weeks. Of course I miss him."

"Okay..."

Great job.

"Well- I'm excited too!" El peers over at the corridor and gasps softly. I turn my attention to her and she stands up from her place.

"What?"

"He's here!" She announces and I shoot my gaze towards him. I gasp and watch as El runs towards him and pulls him into a hug. I walk towards him too, but with not nearly as much enthusiasm as my sister. If I do, it'll look weird.